Ground improvements...

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Shepley Red, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Except that he didn't get a lot of stick on here. People understandably questioned what his involvement was after Patrick said that he was actively involved. That isn't criticising him it is questioning. The only time criticism came was when any involvement was denied and the previous statement was ignored

2. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Stick on here? Tha what? He got abused on a train apparently. Out of order like, but putting it all on stuff that gets said on here is crackers.

Anyway, no one knows what he feels about being involved now nor his mam for that matter.

3. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Maybe I'm wrong. I thought he did get stick which was part of the reason for him stepping back from too much involvement.

4. Redstar

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It was but not from owt said on here, it was after being abused on a train.

5. churtonred

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Whatever

6. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Patrick got a lot of stick on here for contradicting himself regarding James's involvement and people got frustrated at what they perceived to be a lack of clarity so he got stick. James however got his abuse on the train on the way to or from a game with a small number of fans abusing him which led to him saying he didn't want the pressure.

shed131 likes this.
  7. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Chairmen/owners/custodians will be criticised on a football message board. They will also be praised. This is life.

8. Hud

Huddersfield Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Well I was in the executive area a week ago and whilst work was ongoing it wasn't very impressive.

9. churtonred

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's also life that those getting the abuse are likely to think why should they bother. It's also life that the constant critics will then moan about that too. They'll also moan because the owner is looking after the financial future of the club he loves at the expense of short term spending because the next generation has stepped back from it.

10. Redstar

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You're assuming that he no longer wants to be involved

11. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Maybe. I'd say that you don't get so far in business without developing a reasonably thick skin.

12. Yorkie Red

Yorkie Red Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Cryne doesn't own the stadium, Barnsley Council do. Cryne owns the club and the surrounding buildings.

13. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Patrick cryne owns 50% of the company that owns the oakwel complex.

What do you mean by the council owns the stadium and cryne owns the surrounding buildings?

14. Redstar

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I've seen this posted before and it is total ******* twaddle. Sorry like, but it is.

Tykeofthetown likes this.
  15. YTB

YTBFC Guest

The old signage was removed and replaced. How many times was that brought up?

The West Stand wall was repainted. As asked for.

The West Stand can now run at capacity again. Something brought up last season a lot.

There's a new exec area on level one of the East. Something folk used to ask for.

New serving areas in the East isn't there? Should help queuing go down. New catering company.

All the pitches have been relaid. Look smart.

Are things perfect? No. Is the stadium in need of more TLC? Probably. But this idea that it's in a state of disrepair or falling apart etc, what absolute nonsense. Have you seen Elland Road? Hillsborough? Away end at Bramall Lane too. I've visited some really smart, new stadiums and they don't do owt for me personally. Favourite grounds I visited last season? Brentford's, Fulham's and Preston's. Proper grounds. Fulham's especially. Except those ******* clapper things they hand out to the fans. They're *****.

Away fans might sing about Barnsley being a 'hole' but it's regularly ranked as one of the best away days etc.

Suppose it boils down to different strokes for different folks. I'm old skool. I like character and proper four-sided grounds.

And I've come to accept that some folk are glass half empty types and will look for any way they can, any thing they can to knock the club for. Especially if we aren't regularly winning football matches. There was a distinct lack of ground improvement grumbles when we were flying up L1 or doing so well from December to February last season. So it's all accepted.

I think the club has acted on numerous issues this summer and I am sure other issues raised will be looked at too.

But the most important thing about the football is the product on the pitch. Let us hope the serious money invested in players this summer pays dividends like the last crop did, both in terms of on the field enjoyment and achievement, and off the field in terms of keeping the club's bank balance healthy.

Tell you one thing I'd like improved at the ground? That cinder path round the perimeter. Wants astro on it or summat. Does my shoes no good when it's raining.

You Reds etc.

16. Yorkie Red

Yorkie Red Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

17. Yorkie Red

Yorkie Red Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes he does own 50% of the complex but the Council bought the actual stadium when we entered administration.

18. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No they didn't. The stadium and entire complex is owned by a holding company which is jointly owned 50/50 with the council and Patrick cryne. There is no division of assets with the council specifying they own a and b and Patrick stating that he owns X and y it's simply 50% of shares are owned by Patrick, 50% of shares are owned by the council.

I'm not sure where the idea that certain buildings within the complex are owned by different people came from but I've seen it posted a few times and it is incorrect

Tykeofthetown, Kettlewell and shed131 like this.
  19. Redstar

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No, they didn't. Patrick Cryne and BMBC formed a company called Oakwell Community Assets when PC had to rescue the club from near admin again after Doyle. At this point, the football club was split into two companies, the now defunct The Barnley Football Club Limited becoming Barnsley Football Club 2002 Limited, which held the footballing share in teh footbal league and hence became the football club and Oakwell Community Assets, owned 50% each by by PC and BMBC. This company owns all the land assets including the stadium.

There is a 3rd company called Oakwell Holdings but I can't remember what this is for at the min. I think it is the company that holds the shares ultimately owned by PC in each company.

20. Redstar

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    Tykeofthetown likes this.