Hammill Sending off vid here

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by andytyke, Dec 13, 2016.

1. EastStander

EastStander Active Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That has to be appealed and overturned - the referee clearly does not show a red card to Hammill.

2. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    Because there is a huge difference between flying in feet first with both sets of studs pointed at an opponent and remaining upright studs pointing down and an inch off the floor. Thats why! especially when the opponent is sliding in straight towards you.

We all know that 99 times out of 100 the referee would have either taken no action for the challenge or possibly given us a free kick and maybe even a booking for the Wednesday player being late, Hammill had already played the ball before Hutchinson arrived with his foot above the ball height and just below Hammills knee

Our huge issue with this is whilst you can possibly argue that you can send Hammill off if you stretch the interpretation of the rules, there is no possible way you can stretch them to say that Hammill committed a sending off offence and Hutchinson who flew in studs showing foot above the ball did not committ any offence at all

3. Mat

Mateo Corbo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No difference to the referee - studs showing, feet together and off the ground = red card. There was no need for Hammill to go in like that.

We don't "all know" this. It's just your opinion. I think 99 times out of hundred they are both getting reds.

Not arguing that Hutchinson wasn't also in the wrong, so don't really see this point as relevant.

4. Sea

Seattle_Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He does though. He seems to show it first to the Wednesday player but keeps it in his left hand, follows Hammill and then shows it. At that point Hammill reacts with disappointment and walks.

5. Til

Tilertoes Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I find the idea that people think either player deserves a red unpalatable. It's a 50/50, no one gets hurt so get on with it. I never thought I'd ever see the game this soft where the cheats and the fannys get pandered to as much as they do. It's a sad sight indeed.

6. Mat

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Think you're arguing a different point here. Personally I'm not suggesting either deserve a red, but I know that such tackles often result in red cards in today's game. Therefore, it was silly of Hammill to go in to the tackle like that knowing full well it could result in a sending off. It's like when players get booked for taking there shirts off. It's a stupid rule but payers know they will get booked for it, so why do it.

7. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    So thats the fundamental issue.
    Had the ref sent both off I would have grumbled but not in the same way - The huge issue for me is whenever we give the ref a "decision to make" eg Hammill (still dont agree its a red but do understand your point), Watkins, Scowen they cant wait to get the red card out but when the opposition give the ref a decision to make he doesnt make it. see challenges on Winnall and scowen in recent games or even the Hutchinson challenge on Hammill which presumably you agree is also a red card (I dont but can see a ref giving that more than the Hammill one)

8. Mat

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's fair enough and I can see where you are coming from. In my opinion they were both silly challenges that although may not deserve to be punished with red, often are these days. Personally think the game was lost by then anyway. Also agree we seem to have had our fair share of injustices this year with regards to incidents against our players.

9. shed131

shed131 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    In my opinion he's jumping out of the way of a two footed sliding tackle and comes down on top of the ball....yellow card for the tackle yellow at most for his reaction...but what do I know I predicted us to win 3,1. .lol

10. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    When are hammils studs showing? Apart from to a worm underground?

11. Mat

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Around the same time he lifted both feet off the ground.

12. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Did he lift them off the ground and aim them towards the player? A foot being off the ground and a foot with studs showing are two totally different things.

13. Mat

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He did yes.

Sent from my Kestrel using Tapatalk

14. Euroman

Euroman Well-Known Member

Training and Development Consultant retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I was told it was a 50/50 ball. That vid clearly shows the Wednesday player lunging in at Hammill from much further away from the ball than Hammill was. It was a wild reckless challenge in from the Wednesday player. The wrong player was sent off. End of.