Has something been mentioned about an Italian takeover?

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by gazredtyke, Sep 19, 2016.

1. redarmychris

redarmychris Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Fair play if you felt it needed asking. It was more the repetition of the question I felt was off.

I felt at the time of hearing that the motive came more from the disagreement with the sacking of Wilson. Who I thought was deservedly sacked for doing a really poor job.

The club had a plan and Wilson couldn't deliver. He also made terrible signings. Had to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Dys

Dyson Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The club had a plan and put a man in charge that they, I believe, never thought fit into the structure. The follow on appointments were more in line and thankfully it's worked. Credit where it's due. But what's interesting is that when things go wrong, it's the manager who made the signings. And let's not forget we only really started recruiting in August that season.

The interview is up on our soundcloud so it's pointless me going over it. However, at the time, it was repeated because I didn't feel like it had been answered properly. Could've been wrong - I'm no journalist and never pretend to be one. Just a fan who wanted to understand what was going on.

3. redarmychris

redarmychris Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm not sure they could still argue it's the manager who signs the players now.

At that time it was with the likes of Lita, Brown, Dudgeon and Treacy.

LJ also had a say with Wilkinson, Smith and the attempt to sign Forte ect.

Now Hecky has some input but they are all off the 'Spreadsheet' there can be no argument against that. He might say we need a winger and the recruitment team will go find one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think the club used a split stratergy Chris. They identified players with this analysis appraoch and then Wilson brought in the likes of Lita, Treacy and Turnbull. The club would have quickly seen i'd imagine that one system beat the other.

I still think the head coach will have a say but they have more details on these players rather than the opinion of someone like Wilson and thinking Leroy Lita would ever do anything good for BFC

5. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree it sounded a bit bad (I said sounded Dyson) but he had very good reason for asking and for asking again and again.

Patrick himself stated in the official programme at the beginning of the season that James had been actively involved with recruitment. He thanked him for it. He may not have meant it the way that it was written but that IS the way it was written in the programme of the company owned by him. Later on when people began to question our structure and how much influence James had he changed from his original programme piece and said that James had no involvement, he was merely a fan of statistics and so enjoyed looking over the statistics of players but that he wasn't involved in recruitment. The two statements didn't match up.
    A few complete idiots, and I mean A FEW, started saying that James was picking the team because they are idiots who do not understand the difference between aiding recruitment and being a manager. Patrick took that to heart and in my opinion started answering all questions about the issue defensively and based on the assumption that anyone asking believed James was picking the team when in reality apart from the handful of idiots the vast majority (including dyson) were asking about his involvement with recruitment not selection.

At the meeting stain asked about James involvement with recruitment and got quite a dismissive answer from Patrick who must have been fed up with it all by now. Dyson asked again because he wanted a proper answer. Why was the statement in the programme earlier in the season so at odds with the current story? Again he got a reply that didn't explain the difference at all and was answered seemingly from a denying team selection point of view. So he asked again and again until he got a proper answer that addressed the question he had actually asked.

In my opinion it did sound a bit repetitive but with very good reason and that reason was because the question hadn't been answered properly.

The simple fact is that the whole issue rose, not because fans were so against James having any involvement, not at all, it arose because of two totally opposite claims made by Patrick which I suspect may have been due to a misunderstanding with the wording of the original statement but that wasn't dysons fault, or mine, or yours, or any other fans.

As for anyone who gave dyson abuse on a train, in the shitter at a match or even while he was tossing himself off in his bedroom (sorry Mr cryne), they deserve everything they get. The poor lad did absolutely nothing wrong. Neither did Patrick cryne in inviting him to join the board. The vast majority of people including dyson weren't angry that he was or wasn't involved, they were confused ahd frustrated at reading two contradicting statements regarding what was rinvolved in running our club and they sought clarification. Some by writing on here (eg me), some by asking on Facebook, and one or two including dyson by asking at a meeting. The only difference was that he had A. The opportunity and B. The balls to say 'that doesn't answer the question, please answer it properly'.

I just hope that Patrick cryne can see that people like stain do not dislike him or want to cause trouble, they just wanted clarification to contradictory statements made by himself. I reckon that the truth was actually somewhere between 'actively involved' in recruitment and 'a passing interest' but that Patrick was unable to read his original statement with the mindset of others because he could only see it with the meaning it had I his head when he wrote it. I know I do that a hell of a lot, I write something and then seem to spend the next day trying to explain that I didn't !ran it how other people were taking it.

Anyway I'm sure 99.9999% of Barnsley fans would love James to join the board, they'd just like clarity when he does in exactly the same way that they would if anyone else joined the board. Personally I'd like to see him given some kind of relatively small official role at the club for him to dip his toes and see how he likes it. I can't blame him for saying no if he got abuse, I can't blame him for saying no for any reason really but I reckon that if he did get involved he would enjoy it after he settled in.

6. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Oops that was longer than I meant it to be. I feel like red rain

7. Dys

Dyson Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Let's just say I reckon it wasn't always as black & white as you say. The quote from Lee Johnson in November was something along the lines of:

'Yeah, I have the final say but if I ask for chair and you bring me a table, what can I do?'

Long and short is that everything's working really well now & everyone involved should take an awful lot of credit but let's not pretend it's all been rosy because it hasn't. At the time of the interview, it was going tits up so it's a little unfair for you to now use that and look back on it 18 months later as obviously wrong. Stood by it then & I stand by it now. In fact, I'm pretty proud of the fact that a daft little mag was the only 'supporters group' (which we're not) that actually asked questions that the majority of fans wanted to be answered.

Onwards & upwards.

8. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    To be fair they probably couldn't find a chair small enough for Lee Johnson so they just bought him a table and told him to stand at it. He could probably slide food straight from his plate to his mouth

9. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's a subjective view though innit? I'm sure anybody who questions or criticises, will say it's justified. That's just football. Patrick knows this. I've heard him say times many, he's fine with any criticism, as long as it's based in truth. For the record I back Cryne 100% and always have done. I also condemn any personal attacks on him or his family. Just so people don't think I'm trying to defend owt like that.

10. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We also routinely rip the pi$$ out of Dyson, for posing the longest question of all time. If it's any consolation.

11. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    A lot of it wasn't just criticism though some had pre judged him .
    I'm not saying you were among them or questioning your loyalty with the board ,I'm just saying some of the things that were posted on here and that I'd heard it was even worse on other social media sites.
    As for the train journey who knows what he was thinking , he may have feared if he'd spoke up or tried to defend himself .
    Who knows what's going on when someone's criticising you as you say I wasn't there but for it to be mentioned I'm sure it must have had an impact.