He is either a complete hypocrite

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by SuperTyke, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Go on... someone had to say it......

fitzytyke2 likes this.
  2. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

He scouted ugbo said himself went to watch him with the Chelsea u23s said he belieed he had what it took to score at this level

DusThaNoIII likes this.
  3. Red

Red CB Well-Known Member

retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I loved Hecky at the helm & thought despite him being a rookie & making mistakes his tenure will be looked upon in a positive light , we had some great times & we have had our tough times but he has gone & we move on , whatever happens at Leeds does not bother me apart from when we play them , therefore debating the ifs & buts about Hecky & Leeds is pointless , thats their business , its what happens at Oakwell that matters

phil, tosh, Xerxes and 3 others like this.
  4. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Now the dust has settled a bit and everyone has had time to reflect I thought I would add my comments for what they are worth.

Something turned Paul Heckingbottom from being not just a settled and committed employee and solid Barnsley supporter into someone wanting away and I don't believe it was just the lure of money. We will probably never know the reason why the relationship between PH and BFC soured and whilst I know speculation and discussion about it has been done to death on here it brings me to the point I wanted to make.

Whilst PH may well have become disillusioned with the club in a professional capacity, even if he hasn't fallen out with the fans (and I see no reason why he would have given the level of support he has received) there is nothing he can really do to placate us.

Anyone employed, especially in a management capacity and even more so in a high profile role, knows it is bad form and totally unacceptable to publicly criticise a former employer and announce to the world the reason for any decision to leave and, in this instance, the manner of leaving particularly only days after signing a new contract. For that reason he is unable to make a statement to fans that would clarify why he left, hence why I believe there has been no communication from him whatsoever. Whilst I know it leaves fans upset and bitter but I can understand the silence and choose to believe if there was any way he could communicate his underlying motives for leaving in the way he did to the fans he would. In a way, his integrity would be just as damaged if he spilled the beans as it appears to have been in the way he left us.

5. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don’t class Gary Gardner as a defensive midfielder he can sit in & do a job there but he’s an all round midfielder

6. Acido Tyke

Acido Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Ok I'll say it... " hes not a very naughty boy, hes a completely over rated two faced git!! ".

There will that do ?. ;)

7. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Is he?!

8. DusThaNoIII

DusThaNoIII Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No. He left because they offered him a large pay rise. End of. As for not criticising the club he has done as clarified in another thread.

9. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Ye, if anything in his younger days he was seen as more of an attacking midfielder & his brother Craig was seen as the more defensive one.

I was a bit surprised he fitted in so well when Williams was suspended because it’s not really his natural game