Heckingbottom has been sacked by Leeds

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Glenn Tremble, Jun 1, 2018.

1. DON

DONKEYDOO Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I am thinking that he has absolutely no idea about manageing teams maybe he could be a good juniors coach but first team affairs should be kept well aware from him He has to learn his trade..I Cant believe that we are still talking about the looser

2. Glenn Tremble

Glenn Tremble Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    IMG_2838.jpg

Looks like Leeds waited to sack him to save themselves some money so I think he was doomed for quite some time.

Definitely with you on saying that I wouldn’t be going down if he’s reappointed John. Atmosphere would be toxic.

3. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I don't hate him, i don't know the guy... but I certainly have no fondness for him. Not for tactics, not for leaving for a huge pay rise knowing he'd receive a massive pay off a few months later, and not because we didn't progress under him in the final year.

The thing that wrankled most was his reaction joining Leeds, the glee (i don't think i saw him smile as much even when we won at wembley!), a team he openly said he hated (naivety) and how his communication to a team, club and fans he allegedly loved was so drawn out and token. The whole agent aspect was shady and for it to happen just days before our biggest game of the season we desperately needed to win against out nearest local rivals, so close to Patricks passing...

Everything else I can understand. That, for someone who got so much mileage from being a fan.... no, I just can't understand that, and as a result, he's simply... meh.

Duntpasstome and Glenn Tremble like this.
  4. Glenn Tremble

Glenn Tremble Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Great post. All factually bang on.

5. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You could be right. I would imagine their priorities were different. PH would have wanted to keep as many players as possible and PC was wanting to get the club in as robust a financial position as possible to sell it.
    Personal opinion but I think PC's vision was the better for the club long term. There's no telling what the new owners will turn out like but at least we have a chance of changing our stars. If we hadn't sold and even if we'd gone up it would have been very difficult to sustain ourselves in the Prem.
    Anyway, that's me wandering off the point but, yes, I would imagine there was some differences of opinion.

Julian Broddle's Perm likes this.
  6. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

Dunno if everyone hates him. I don't like him, but that's not because of how he left. I was actually relieved when he buggered off.

As much as Johnson had started to win a few games, I was glad to see the back of him as well.

Difference between the two is Johnson thinks we're unhappy because he left, but in my case it's because he was here in the first place.

7. Fon

Fonzie Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hecky gave me the best 12 months of football I've seen at Oakwell since Bassett.

Would I want him back? No chance.

8. Lon

LongtimeRed Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    according to alot on here hecky was going to be 2million better off.