Hecky in the Chronicle.......

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Young Nudger, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Young Nudger

Young Nudger Well-Known Member

Counting great crested newts
    Hiding in a reed bed at the local RSPB nature rese
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Half of the back page.
    The interview went something like this.......
    ........blah blah blah .............
    .........all the good work I've done this season building a successful team is going to be thrown out of the window and I'm now being asked to start all over again
    Basically.....we are fecked !!!

But there is one little bit in there that will be very interesting to fans and it's tucked away in a box within this article. It says this:

Barnsley players under contract for next season:
    (The player marked with a) * 'The Reds have an option to extend his deal into a third season'.

Question is this - why hasn't all players contracts had such flexibility?
    And why are we still waiting to hear from the club directors with regarding reasons behind these detrimental methods of dealing with players contracts.

Detrimental in three ways:

1) That the directors are reliant on the hard work of the club manager to rebuild a brand new team year after year after year.
    IMO these are unreasonable demands on the manager.

2) The manager and staff are putting time and effort into developing players to get them up to Championship standard only for other teams to benefit from that hard work when the player walks out of the door for a bargin knockdown price.
    In effect - the Barnsley manager and staff are partly working for the benefit of our competitors in the Championship.

3) Because players are sold for bargin prices there isn't enough money being generated from these sales to invest in bringing higher quality players into the squad.
    Consequently lower quality players are generally brought in and it's then left to the good will of the manager and staff to haul these players, which constitutes the vast majority of the team, up to speed.
    IMO these are unreasonable demands on the manager.

I think the fans deserve some answers.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    DusThaNoIII and SirPsychoSexy like this.
  2. ryhilltyke

ryhilltyke Well-Known Member

Construction Worker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Same drivel form you. Give it a rest for gods sake

3. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Because they are people, not robots. Each player has their own mind and life and might want to judge where we are as a club and what other offers they can get rather than tying themselves down to contracts that can be automatically extended potentially against their wishes (if we had fallen down the leagues or a different club makes an offer they find attractive whether due to money, status, location etc.).

4. BarnsleyReds

BarnsleyReds Well-Known Member

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    Logging off. Got much better things to do in my life that read utter verbal diarrhea.

5. SirPsychoSexy

SirPsychoSexy Banned Idiot

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    More worrying is the prospect of losing our best manager for years to another club. Do we trust the club to do all they can to ensure Heckys future lies here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Young Nudger

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Obviously you cannot include players such as Mowatt in this.
    But generally the players that Barnsley are currently signing would jump at the chance of joining Barnsley.
    You only have to listen to recent interviews with players like McDonald to realise this.
    The club has then got the upper hand to create a contact that benefits both the player - and the club.
    At the moment the club is signing contracts that only benefits the player - as long as Barnsley gets two years out of him.
    Its rubbish.

And the result of it is that its putting a HUGE BURDEN on the shoulders of the manager.
    We have a great manager and backroom staff - given the right support from the directors, and I don't mean a few hundred grand thrown about here and there, I mean proper support with proper involvement in the players contracts etc, I think this manager could do great things for Barnsley.

7. Jack Tatty

Jack Tatty Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Please stop.

8. Young Nudger

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    OK then, sorry. I'll just crawl into this little cupboard and curl up in a little teenie ball.

LOL
    As tho I would, can or will

9. andytyke

andytyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    he does have a point though, if on the summer we sign players on two year contracts with no option to extend then we have learnt **** from this year and nothing will change

10. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

I don't think this is exclusive to Barnsley fc though

This is just typical of the way football has gone. Players and their agents hold all the cards.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

11. Jack Tatty

Jack Tatty Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I thought you lived in a barn.

12. Dragon Tyke

Dragon Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    its a Young Nudger thread, and as ever as useful as tits on a fish...... pathetic

13. DusThaNoIII

DusThaNoIII Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So silly that the consensus of this forum being it's childish, ridiculous, pathetic to be concerned how readily the club let players fall out of contract. The manager is clearly concerned and you'll excuse me if I don't care if you think I'm childish for being very worried the poor management at the club behind the scenes is massively sabotaging the last 2 years of good work building a team to be proud of

Set of ostriches

SirPsychoSexy likes this.
  14. PLOBBY

PLOBBY Well-Known Member

keep yer nose out
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    But Hecky does sound pissed off ,if you listen or read his interviews he's said time and again that we've got to get better as a club in all departments ,that includes recruitment and retaining players .He keeps saying that the CEO situation needs sorting sharpish because of the ongoing contracts situation but nothing seems to be happening. He also doesn't sound too enthralled at the prospect of building another team from scratch . You might not like the tone of what Young Nudger says but , he isn't totally wrong . Didn't Patrick Cryne say once that the supporters need to be asking bigger questions other than bottle tops ? If we stand still we'll go backwards .

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  15. Tob

Tobys Knackers Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Sure I've read this before ... oh yes ... on virtually every post of yours I see.

It can't be easy going through life so angry with the world.

16. andytyke

andytyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Probably a little easier than going through life with your head in sand

PLOBBY likes this.
  17. ryhilltyke

ryhilltyke Well-Known Member

Construction Worker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Last time I'm ever replying to this nonsense.
    Leeds, Wolves, Forest, Birmingham, Aston Villa, Blackburn, Coventry Leyton Orient to name a few.
    Be very careful what you wish for with regarding getting new owners/investors. Chucking money around doesn't always work.
    Oh and these new people will want their own manager in like Birmingham. So we would lose the best thing to happen to the club in years.

18. Young Nudger

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Some people keep asking me this.
    And I keep giving them the same answer......................I'm only responding to what is topical.
    That is to say what I am reading in newspapers and on the internet at that time.
    So ..............see the latest copy of the Barnsley Chronicle.

As for being angry........I wouldn't say angry......but definitely concerned.
    And do you know why that is........it's because I CARE.
    People that don't care........are just not bothered.

But I've been concerned for years about the revolving door of players at Barnsley.
    And I've been saying it for years.
    This January Transfer Window has brought things more into focus for some fans .......and because of this they have jumped on board with it.
    Which is great.
    I just hope the directors are taking note.
    Although we have yet to hear from them on how they think they can do things better !!!

SirPsychoSexy likes this.
  19. Sam

SambaTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Surely there's a middle ground between decrying the whole running of the football club and accepting that there are very genuine concerns that need addressing.

My main concern at present is that we have no CEO. We need to be looking at players to recruit in the summer now, making plans to sign them and absolutely attempting to extend our current players' deals. Can this be effectively achieved without a competent CEO in place? My worry is that we will meander through until May and instead of securing players quickly, we'll still be trying to attract a competent CEO. It was embarassing watching Hecky admit to having to fulfil both roles in January and to me, that's the main thing that needs sorting. I'm well aware that this may well be being sorted.

I do also think that Hecky sounds annoyed. Or at least concerned. This is a bloke who shys away from cliche and hyperbole, not one to complain etc. But on numerous occasions now he has mentioned the vacant CEO position and the need to get better off the field. Let's hope BFC get things sorted.

RE contracts. I absolutely understand that players and agents hold a lot of power. I also get that BFC cannot compete with most clubs at this level. But that is not to say that we have to appear totally toothless with negotiations. Players may well refuse to sign contracts, but let's ensure we offer them. Players may not sign extensions, but let's get them offered at appropriate times with incentives where necessary. There is a difference between understanding our limited financial power and that players may not see BFC as their career choice, and throwing our arms up and giving up trying to tie players down. We seem to have missed the boat on Watkins and Scowen, but MacDonald, Roberts and Yiadom are up next. We must be proactive with these players now, either new deals or if there appears to be little chance of them signing, we look at potential sales. As drastic as it sounds, our recruitment strategy cannot work without a ruthless nature at BOTH ends of the process.

nezbfc, tobyornottoby and Jimmy viz like this.
  20. Sopwith Camel

Sopwith Camel Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Folk really ort to cop-on. The club as not been miss managed.. It has gone plan, we buy players cheap, try to make em better. Some will and be moved on for a profit.. which may upset fans, but get used to it .. Money will be put back into the general running of the club. To stop PC having to put his hand in his own pocket to fund what looks like a year on year million pound shortfall... And some players will not make It and be recycled back to where we got em... If we have success like in the last twelve months great... if we get relegated then we get relegated.. Good players will be sold year on year and will be replaced by others year on year..

That is what this club as said time and again is the plan. The only question for any fan, is just... do you support it yes or no..

Chopwell Red and Cambridge Red like this.