Hecky Poll - back or not?

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by wolvestyke, Jun 1, 2018.

?

The Hecky poll - want him back or not?

1. Yes, get him back

40 vote(s)
    16.0%
  2. Errrr, no thanks

156 vote(s)
    62.4%
  3. F*** off, I'd rather have Jose back....

54 vote(s)
    21.6%
  1. dod

dodgey defence Well-Known Member

Joiner
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No, please tell me.

2. robert.hall.545849

robert.hall.545849 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  3. Bak

Baka Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This.

4. jagzz88

jagzz88 Well-Known Member

Construction
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    But that team was built by Lee Johnson and Hecky changed nothing when he took over because we had momentum and nothing needed changing. Taking no credit away from Hecky for the 2 Wembley wins fair play but that squad was far too good for league one. It would of been a monumental **** up if we hadn't progressed as we did playing 4-4-2 with that squad. The team picked itself.

Although I criticised Lee Johnson at times we have to hold our hands up for him building the core of the side who's played the best football we've seen at the well in 20 years.

Yes Hecky had the team pulled from underneath him but he doesn't have a track record of building a side. We have a pretty good squad on paper but there's a lot of work recruitment wise and to assemble a settled side into a set formation. Get rid of this changing 2-3 players every week and trying 2-3 formations a month.

5. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Where have you got the changed nothing from? He had to change 3 of the back 4 during the run in including 2 players playing roles new to them.

You can’t win on here, he got absolutely torn apart for sticking with the same team early on in the season for about 8 or 9 games.

Truth is until we signed McBurnie & Moore & got Gardner & Yiadom back fit that side was nowhere near good enough regardless of manager. We did well to be outside the bottom 3 in January.

Most felt we were certainties for the drop & many were tipping us to do a Rotherham from the season before

6. dev

devonpip New Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hecky’s loyalty is primarily to his family as is ours. A football manager rarely receives loyalty from the board when things look grim. At Barnsley we sell regardless of value to the team historically. A club comes along and offers money which is comparable to the wildest dreams of a Reds coach.
    He remains a Reds fan despite putting his family first
    We should take him back given the chance. He’s good for us.

7. DON

DONKEYDOO Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If it wasn't Hecky but some other manager with such an appaling record and we set him on you would be up in arms about the short sited ideas that the club has
    Can anybody tell me what achievements he has had (appart from the promotion which wasn't his team anyway) and what the benefits would be oh and what can he bring to the table with regard experience etc.
    What payer will want to come and play for him ....I'm sure that the manager in charge is a big draw especially for young players.

Don't get me wrong I'm not against managers coming back and bettering themselves by leaving its the fact that he was crap at his job

8. DON

DONKEYDOO Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    How canyou say he is good for us his record before during and after his spell as coach / manager was absolutely shocking he jumped before he was pushed and I'm certain if mr crine had been in better health he would have been gone long before he even had a sniff at leeds

9. DON

DONKEYDOO Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I would be interested to hear if anyone else would have him back
    Oh I forgot we want to enhance the match day experience ....lets get some stocks at half time and charge £1 for some tomatoes .that would soon buy us a player or 2

10. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well for me he overachieved in all 3 seasons in charge of us despite not been able to pick his own players.

First season we did incredibly well to make the play offs & get up especially after losing Long, Bree & White & having to rebuild the back 4.

Second season we overachieved again, on the verge of the play offs despite losing Mawson & not spending a lot until his team was ripped apart in January.

Third season had a side full of kids with little or no championship experience, didn’t sign the players he wanted so he couldn’t play his preferred system, the McBurnie deal fell through & what would’ve been key players for Hecky like Yiadom, Isgrove & Gardner were barely fit yet despite many writing us off as relegation fodder & that we were going to do a Rotherham he had us outside the bottom 3.

There’s not a lot to go on because he’s relatively inexperienced but to be fair most of the other candidates are as well. Outside of Grayson who most don’t want because of his Leeds connection pretty much every other name mentioned has only had success with one club like Hecky.

All I can say is he coached Barnsley over half of 2 seasons & 1 full season & in all 3 I felt he overachieved despite lots of issues off the field such as no CEO, Tommy Wright, not signing his own players, small wage budget etc.

The ‘not his team’ is nonsense as well as we don’t appoint a manager, we appoint a coach, whoever gets the job, it’s not ‘their team’.

Despite all that I wouldn’t want him back simply because I couldn’t deal with the childish Judas & traitor comments on here & Twitter.

Xerxes, BarTyke, Exile and 1 other person like this.
  11. Tyke_67

Tyke_67 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Ne're mind having a word! they need a good kicking! o_O

Ellie likes this.
  12. RedStriker

RedStriker Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Nice bloke you are not.

Xerxes likes this.
  13. John Peachy

John Peachy Well-Known Member

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Harsh.

14. Lon

LongtimeRed Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    those saying yes would have him back, have they seen his win percentage over 2 years with two clubs..... wait for it some will say he lost some of his best players that were signed by previous managers.

15. dev

devonpip New Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He lost some of his best players
    They were signed by previous managers though.