Hi Guys

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Briz, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Bri

Briz Member

He just comes across as a genuinely nice bloke. Also one of our best players, and came through our academy, not that that makes any difference in him being a good bloke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I will try and give both sides but it might be difficult.....The O Neil elbow looked a disgrace and should have been a red card. Reminded me of our Morgan/Hume situation it was that bad. Winnall could have ended up with a broken nose or fractured eye socket quite easily. Then later on O Neil handballs it in the box and we don't get a penalty against a guy who shouldn't even still be on the pitch. Now to your team.....

Fairplay to LJ coming on the pitch at the end and appearing to applaude the home ends that i'm glad went easy on him. Brownhill deserved his reception and Golbourne was left alone which was good to see because he was a solid player for us. I was looking forward to seeing what the fuss about Abrahams is with his amazing scoring record but goal aside I wasn't impressed and was dissapointed we let him score his first in four games. Amazed ten of his 12 goals have come away from home. Do you play differently away so it's more to his strengths? I imagine as your star player when teams go to your ground they plan to keep him quiet even if it means being more defensive minded.

I do like Aaron Wilbraham though who must be about 90 because i'm sure he played for Stockport County at Edgley Park against us one christmas when they were still championship level (how times change). Reminded me of the likes of Shelvey for Newcastle and Martin for Fulham in getting in the refs ear at every opportunity using his experience and nouce to try and dictate the game through the official, which i've nothing against and wish we'd do more of ourselves. Tomlin scored a penalty and did little else apart from hurt his hand. He too was in the refs ear every chance he got.

Fielding had a good game and saved a few including a shocking penalty. How you kept hold of Aden Flint? Would do a job for many a low half premiership team. Goal scoring centre halfs don't come cheap though as we know through our own transfer business :D Seems to have taken his league one form with you (plenty of goals then didn't he?) into an higher league. Thought you might have brought a thousand as a city, based on league position etc so 744 was dissapointing.

3. nezbfc

nezbfc Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We did too. Stones and mawson cash. Don't think we have even spent a million.

I'm not meaning to sound condescending but I did fear today with 3 of our main guys out. But anyone who watches that today would have thought we were the richer team.

LJ managed to put us bottom of the league with a top 3 or 4 budget.

Nothing personal to you mate. I'd not wipe my arse on the geezer to be honest.

Best of luck anyway. I've read through your forum in last hour and most very complementary towards us. Which was refreshing as it tends to be that the opposition had a real off day giving us no credit at all. So hats off on that.

4. Mrs

MrsHallsToffeerolls Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It does to some if he`s from West Yorkshire.

5. PLOBBY

PLOBBY Well-Known Member

keep yer nose out
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Good lad . I hope all your dreams come true . X

6. Mr C

Mr C Well-Known Member

Saving the world.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Aye mate, did he come on for our old boy, Golbourne? Repost my comments on your forum. I might send him a note to city, cos he did the right thing. The kid had been taken home but is ok. Great game, mate.

7. Bri

Briz Member

We play a lot more direct away from home, as I'm sure you saw with out 'dirty' tactics. First league start of the season for Wilbs, which shows you everything you need to know about our approach to today.

Also, Tomlin went on a mazy run past four of your players to set up Tammy for our second.

8. Ext

Extremely Northern Well-Known Member

Professional Northerner.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Cheers pal- does he usually go so direct ? Looked to me like he was targeting that big lump up front and the Chelsea lad (who is quality) to play off him.

And how can't Brownhill get a start ?

All the best

9. Gre

GreenyTyke Well-Known Member

Layabout
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He ran sideways and Jackson slipped over to let the ball through hardly "mazy" and certainly wasn't past 4 players

10. Bri

Briz Member

Never seen him go as direct as we did today, although I'm guessing that wasn't the plan, but a centre back like Flint can't help a long boot to a player like wilbraham who'll win a fair bit up top. If it was Tammy abraham and Engvall (our other striker) I'm sure Flinty would've kept long balls to a minimum.

Brownhill's a strange one, just appears he isn't good enough to cement his spot in midfield, compared to our other options. We have O'Neil, Smith, Pack, Reid and Brownhill, and Brownhill is bottom of the pile at the moment.

11. Bri

Briz Member

It would appear some of the less bitter Barnsley fans disagree with you

12. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Don't get why teams play differently away from home when it's the same 11 vs 11 on a football pitch, but then i'm not a football boss. We can be fairly happy with a point when you consider we had something like eight players missing for one reason or another that would have been in contention today had they been available. If our penalty had been taken properly you'd have had no way back against us two down at half time i'm sure of that. Think despite our difference in budgets we will have a similar league position to you come May. One of the more entertaining games we've had this season and a lot like a local derby with the crowd and how the game was played. Very quiet bunch though in that away end.

13. Mrs

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Less, Barnsley and Bitter put together sarnds like ar lass of owd informing me to temper my drinking.

14. Gre

Layabout
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not bitter in the slightest, go read my post if you can be bothered, but it wasn't that good and it certainly wasn't a "mazy" run

15. man

mansfield_red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    https://youtu.be/99v579vmlds

This is a mazy run, that was a fat lad jogging

16. occ

occook Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You for real? Forget everything else... You think Tomlin went on a "mazy run beating 4 players".

Can see you swallowing LJs ******** hook line and sinker.

I do try and give honest assements, and if you deserved to win I would say it, but by god you are jammy to get away with a point. Was genuinely expecting to lose without Roberts, Scowen and especially Hourihane. But we should have won by 2 or 3. Bristol were terrible and the ref was a calamity. But it was a draw. So we move on and forget about it. Sometimes luck isn't it. Miss a penalty, hit the bar, miss a few other sitters and give away a bonkers penalty and a sloppy second goal. If I was your lot i would be laughing myself drunk to have stolen a point.

17. Mrs

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Was it not taken properlly?

18. Bri

Briz Member

A 'fat lad' probably more talented with the ball at his feet than any one of your players.

19. Gre

Layabout
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hahahahahahahaha NO, don't know where this myth of Tomlin being a fantastic player is, he's been inconsistent his entire career and is at his level at mid-table Championship and he is not even as good as players like John Swift who've already been to Oakwell this season

20. occ

occook Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Debatable!

And given our starting line up cost us...... £300k. And Tomlin cost you £3m. It's amazing LJ still couldn't bring 3 points home.