How do you think the other players feel about losing our best players?

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by DJB, Jan 31, 2012.

1. DJB

DJB Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    we are in a decent position where maybe if we had Vaz Te, drinkwater,Butterfield and a few new faces we could have really pushed for the play offs (maybe still can?), do you think the current players will be gutted that Vaz and drinkwater have left when we are so close to building a good team?

or do you think that most of the players will use drinkwater, vaz and butterfield as role models on how to advertise yourself and get yourself in the shop window and earn better wages?

i know this is part of keiths plan to bring players in and develop them then sell them for a profit but its just so infuriating you see the potential of the side to push on then the wealthier clubs come in and take advantage of our financial situation then we have to start again with the likes golbourne, dawson, etc.

it just feels like we are getting robbed of the chance to see what we could acheive without having to sell our best players

2. Red

RedMonk Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Its just a taste of whats going to happen more often in the football world. Unless you have a rich owner, you are a selling club.

3. oss

ossettred Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's the transfer window that has to change

4. Rea

ReadingRed Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Just remember only one of the losses was within our control.

Jacob - Injured and would probably have left tbh if not injured
    DD - Not our player, so no control over that situation anyway
    RVT - Makes good sense if it then allows the overall stregthening of the team and squad

What if we kept him and he got crocked tonight against Derby, how many people would be saying we should have sold him.

Such a difficult choice, but the right one in my opinion.

We cant guarantee his form for the remainder of the season and cant stop him getting injured.

Do we really want to rest all our hopes on one player?

5. Oakweller

Oakweller Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I think it's quite clear Ricardo wanted to leave, we've been seeing "sky sports sources" on our screens for some time, we didn't lose him, he just wasn't interested in staying here long term. If any players knew him well enough he would have shared this with them and it won't be a surprise.

Was Ricardo a popular team mate? I would guess not, I noticed his body language on a few occasions, he didn't always seem fully committed. Would you rather be working with people who want to contribute to Barnsley long term? I would. My guess is some players might be happy he has gone.