How soon would u get on a plane?

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by exiled, May 23, 2020.

1. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Figures keep going lower so people have every chance of going abroad safely and hopefully without social distancing at some point. Not sure why people tested is always unavailable these days mind.

2. higgybaby

higgybaby Well-Known Member

welder
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Riu la morne mate

3. wil

wilko88 Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Opposite end of island to where we were, just had a quick look on trip advisor looks really nice

4. higgybaby

higgybaby Well-Known Member

welder
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yeah pal looks good hope we get there

5. Austiniho

Austiniho Well-Known Member

Are you Dominic Cummings?

6. wil

wilko88 Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Are you Neil Austin?

7. Austiniho

You can’t be sure you’ve had it if you havent been tested.

It has not be proven that having the antibodies of COVID 19 stops you from contracting it again.

If it is a just the flu, why can’t we just simply use the flu vaccine?

You’re pissed off because your civil liberties have been stopped. Because the world got a little bit more difficult. You have had the same rhetoric from day one and those are your own thoughts and ideas. You will not be able to prove that your thoughts are better than anyone else’s.

However, I know that my elderly parents are safer due to my thoughtful attitude towards them and the rest of society.

Yes there are stupid people in power, but not all in power are stupid. Yet pretty much every country has been in the same situation.

What are your qualifications on virology and the immune system? You often claim to know about both. Please say it’s more than “I read an article.”

8. Austiniho

I though you said it was just a flu? No worries and all that?

9. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    No I didn't you just can't read.

10. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    It is flu. And this is what I said about flu:

"The reason people don't believe it's the flu is they have no idea what the flu is. When they have a cold, often a mild cold, they say they've had the flu. No you haven't. Flu really isn't very nice. It's a **** of a disease. It kills people. Lots of people. Old people, people with health conditions, people with undiagnosed health conditions, children, and, if you're really unlucky, healthy adults. And for the rest of us, it's horrible. You have a horrendous week or so. And if you're unlucky, continued health problems. Just like Covid-19, except with this one many do get mild symptoms and the effects on younger people are surprisingly minor."

Thank you for proving the point I was making that many people really don't know what flu is. And could you point me to where in that I have claimed flu is nothing to worry about for vulnerable people. I'll quote the relevant bit for you again:

"Flu really isn't very nice. It's a **** of a disease. It kills people. Lots of people. Old people, people with health conditions, people with undiagnosed health conditions, children, and, if you're really unlucky, healthy adults."

11. Bak

Baka Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You mean 'those who have been instructed not to come to work, and followed the instruction?'

12. Austiniho

Make your mind up!?

13. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    No, not really, I meant what I said. Those instructed not to go to work and followed that instruction didn't tend to attack those that weren't offered the same terms, they understood that some were furloughed and some had to continue working. I chose my words carefully to ensure I didn't include those people in my analysis.

14. Austiniho

And my point about your qualifications to classify flu and COVID19 as the same thing? And I’m not saying you’re qualified just because you’ve had a nasty flu...

I do get where you’re coming from, but it’s like saying a pig has very similar dna make up to a human... they do behave very differently though.

15. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    It's made up, as I said, you're just incapable of understanding the written word.

16. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    It's basic A-Level biology. Which I got an A in. It's an influenza type pathogen. The symptoms are similar, the structure of the virus is similar and our immune repsonse is similar and I don't have to be a virologist to comment on it when I keep it within what I was taugh,t which I have always made sure I do. If I don't know, I question.

17. Austiniho

A level biology A grade.... well I do bow down to your superior medical knowledge. If only the doctors realised that they didn’t have to study for 10 years. Just stick to that A level biology and they’d be fine...

You can comment what you like, but don’t claim facts and not expect to be pulled up about it when you know very little to nothing about them. Other than what A level biology and what Karen on Facebook told you.

18. Austiniho

Ok, so I’m a little confused I must admit.

Initially you claim COVID19 is just the flu, which wouldn’t stop you getting on a plane. The next you’re saying that nurses in care homes, which I believe you have a vested interest, have been let down by the lack of ppe and that enough wasn’t done. Claiming that this vicious virus was underestimated.And that your wife/girlfriend should be paid more.

You don’t seem to know what you want to think about the severity of COVID, you just want your liberties back. In my opinion.

I think you’d argue with yourself if you were alone in a room, so I’m gonna leave you to it. Good luck pal.

19. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    But I haven't, you're claiming I'm saying things that I've never said. I know how an immune response works. I'm not questioning doctors and scientists, but I am questioning people like you who do not know how it works. Like I said, stupid rules.

20. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Again, because you can't read, even after I've quoted it for you, because, and I say it again, you don't know what flu is. I'll quote for you again:

"The reason people don't believe it's the flu is they have no idea what the flu is. When they have a cold, often a mild cold, they say they've had the flu. No you haven't. Flu really isn't very nice. It's a **** of a disease. It kills people. Lots of people. Old people, people with health conditions, people with undiagnosed health conditions, children, and, if you're really unlucky, healthy adults. And for the rest of us, it's horrible. You have a horrendous week or so. And if you're unlucky, continued health problems"