Hudds at home £10 offer available for 10 more days!!!

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Fraser32, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Gordon Owen

Gordon Owen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Your whole argument throughout all of this was that they wouldn't bring more than 4k.

2. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I didn't think they would so they have suprised me if you look many times I said they won't sell out... like I said burnley sold out when they were chasing top two and that was a hours drive Huddersfield should sell out and all that money they have saved on season tickets they should be able to afford plentry of away days. Are you a Huddersfield fan by the way?

3. Gordon Owen

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yeah of course l am with 9,761 post's on here and a poster of over 15 years.

I just like this board to be fair and not like other Billy Big ****** boards, if other teams have better support than us we should be big enough to take it and offer a fair view. I've read their board regarding our game and they have seen this thread, they're commenting on us saying they've got sh*t away support and someones pointed out that for the last five seasons they've had a lot bigger average of travelling fans than us. After looking at the EFL site they have.

4. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The last 5 seasons we have been in league one and consistently **** in the championship for 7 seasons before that so that's a big clue as to why. I have never seen them bring more than 4k to oakwell and they took 2k to wednesday on a Saturday aft. I'm not getting all billy big ******** were a small club for this league and Huddersfield aren't much bigger. Like I said burnlet sold out our away end and they are the smallest town to ever play in the premiership I think that puts it into perspective

5. Gordon Owen

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't know what Burnleys got to do with it. I've given you Huddersfield's league positions, only two places on average above us in this league for the stats given. There's nothing else to say you've got all the facts.

Let's hope we get three points.

6. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    1st you said Huddersfield would sell out no problem as they average 20k at home. I then pointed out I have never seen them bring more than 4k and that was a play off semi and before the st offer their gates were "similar" to ours. When the tickets sales were only at 2400 you said they probley won't turn up as they have city Tuesday and tickets are expensive. My point with burnley was that it's a smaller town than Huddersfield and barnsley and they filled the stand chasing the top 2 5700 fans and their average gates then we're 15k ish now that's good support! Hope we win but I'm not confident will be a hard game.

7. YTB

YTBFC Guest

I hope they sell their full allocation. About 5,200 away fans is fantastic support at £30 a pop. They're riding the crest of a wave, this is probably their best season in my lifetime (34 years). I certainly can't think of another season where they've been gunning for promotion to the top flight. And they're doing it in stylish fashion based on the games I've seen them play. They've had to sell their better players (much like us) over the years and it looks as though they've used that recent income to help fund cheaper tickets and go 'all in' on this Wagner chap and his very different methods. It looks to be paying off with at least a top six finish, a reinvigorated fanbase and a reputation that has improved to outsiders. I say good luck to them.

But it serves once more to highlight just how well our Club have done this season. We've lost four of our best players and STILL sit 9th in our first year back. Playing great football, increased gates, terrific away followings, a great reputation now for producing talent.

Really looking forward to a great Derby game. Hope our supporters get behind the lads and help inspire them on to another great victory ala the Leeds game who were also flying, unbeaten and gunning for second spot when they arrived...

8. Gordon Owen

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    1. It's looks like they will sell out as l orginally said, l thought the City game would hinder it but it doesn't look like it will, they'll probably take 8k there.
    2. You cant have been at the 99/00 game when we won 4-2 with a Higgy hat trick, they brought just under 5k and they had over 4K for that play off semi you mention.
    3. Before the ST offer they averaged nearly 3k more than us, 25% bigger crowds, I've given you the averages and their STs were £100 dearer.
    4. Burnley I'm still stumped what it's got to do with owt, they can't sell out in the Prem so it's nowt to really write home about, how many of their fans are from Colne, Accrington etc that they don't put into consideration when they bring this town v average attendance stat up all the time. Go on their boards and look at all the supporters clubs around the area, they've nobody else to follow out in the sticks.

You really can't say we have similar crowds to them, we may have done years ago but not much in the last 5-7 years or so their away support hasn't dropped below a thousand for seasons, even in the league below, ours has only been above it once besides this season.

9. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

I was a season ticket holder in the east stand when we won 4-2 steve Bruce was there manager Id be suprised if they brought just under 5k then I thought it was more just under 4k. Their st were 100 dearer than where? Season tickets differ around oakwell cheapest been 300 quid. I gave you the burnley example as you were comparing size of town to support ect and they were in a similar league position to Huddersfield the season they sold out the north stand and are a much smaller town.

10. Mrs

MrsHallsToffeerolls Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Has Ticketmaster started selling Block H yet.