I assume we're putting all our efforts in to convincing Nathan Jones to take the job

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Loko the Tyke, Nov 10, 2019.

1. lk3

lk311 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Don’t know how accurate this site is but it has Potts on around 8k a week. https://www.capology.com/club/preston/salaries/
    I agree it’s hard and the reality is we have to live within our means

2. Bak

Baka Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I have been boring my best mate to death with this very thing, at games and outside of games.

If you put Marc Roberts and Scowen in our team, we'd be competitive. As we're desperately short at left-back, too, add someone like a latter-day Golbourne.

As bad as we are, there are a few goals in us and the players continue to battle to the end, even when beaten.

We lack defensive organisation, a leader, and a couple of physical, nasty buggers in the right positions. Because we lack those things, and those players, we are utterly doomed. It needn't have been that way, and I hope that lessons are well and truly learnt.

Loko the Tyke likes this.
  3. lan

lannoy Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don’t think Jones or Holloway would want to work here under these conditions, Pulis wouldn’t touch us even if they did want him which they certainly don’t