I heard some moron yell, “Brown, y’useless fuckin’ black c##t!”

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Thee Glorious Red Army, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Winker

Winker Well-Known Member

RETIRED AND LOVING IT
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    NOT ACCEPTABLE

This moron should be identified and banned for life.

anstonred likes this.
  2. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    No maybe they will just not go in future which sad in itself.

3. dayglored

dayglored Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I am also saddened by no one it seems is bothered by someone shouting out words like CXXT in mixed company with youngsters present, racism apart.

North Yorks Red likes this.
  4. Tyke_80

Tyke_80 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

You absolute moron

5. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

I think he is within his right to bring it to people's attention on here. Could of possibly worded the title a little better and yeah it is sad that Jacobs family could see this or any other black or mixed race player we have could read it (pinnock, thiam, cavare, victor..) let alone our own supporters who aren't all necessarily all white British.
    The most worrying thing is people condoning it and comparing it to calling someone ginger or suggesting that the post isn't as valid as the OP has only posted 6 times previous.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    TitusMagee and Hooky feller like this.
  6. Hooky feller

Hooky feller Well-Known Member

Retired, full time grandad.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I can see your point Darfield but if his parents do see this post. They might see some comfort in that everyone agrees it's unacceptable to come out with such racist *****. Instead of getting it via word of mouth and possibly think barnsley fans find it acceptable. In the 70s probably the worst era of hooliganism. Everyone was tarred with the same brush. Yet it was still a minority although larger minority compared to today.

anstonred likes this.
  7. Sco

Scoff Well-Known Member

The interface between business and technology
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The people that use racist and offensive language in polite company are generally not known for being intelligent or having decency.

anstonred and dayglored like this.
  8. MonkeyRed

MonkeyRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You have no need to answer any criticism on here in my opinion and you've done the right thing in making it known that this sort of thing is sadly still happening. The extent you've gone to in specifying exactly what was said is called for and effective. If that level of abuse is going on, people need to know about it and the relevant authorities in particular need to be prepared to deal with it. Rather than someone just saying there has been abuse, what you've written really brings it home that we have an issue of this scale and makes people take notice.

In terms of confronting the racist yourself, I hope nobody would have qualms with you choosing not to where, as we know, the reaction would most likely be aggressive, threatening and unpleasant. Yes, we all have a part to play, but we should be able to weigh up the risks and not put ourselves in situations which can be harmful.

Recently, I brought a non-Barnsley supporting mate to an away game with me. He's as English as they come but from an Asian background. I was on edge the whole match because I was primed for idiotic comments from sections of our away support as we all know this type of knuckle dragger still follow us. As it was, there was no abuse, but quite a few people got chatting to him along the lines of "Who do you support then pal? Who've you come with today?" - as if there's no way an Asian person could support Barnsley. All meant in a friendly manner, granted, but more than a little embarrassing. There are many sheltered people in Barnsley unfortunately.

9. Ext

Extremely Northern Well-Known Member

Professional Northerner.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not just in Barnsley. Woman that works with me is of Indian descent (Hindu) 3rd generation British born, etc etc. Lives in an affluent liberal area of Nottingham. Was walking her kids home from school last week when a woman reversing her car nearly hit them. My friend asked her to be careful and was told 'oh piss off home paki' - by a very well spoken middle aged (apparently well educated) well to do white woman. Stupidity transcends social groups it seems.

anstonred likes this.
  10. Hooky feller

Hooky feller Well-Known Member

Retired, full time grandad.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Too true mate. There are probably as many well educated toffs as knuckledraggers come out with such diatribe. Especially in their own circles.

Extremely Northern likes this.
  11. ATY

ATYKE1 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    When will these morons realise that we are all Red.
    There seems to be a strange notion that as far as football is concerned people can leave all their morals at home. No one with these prejudices represents me or my club.

12. John Peachy

John Peachy Well-Known Member

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You are right, they are not in theory the same. The problem with immigration control is it has to be fair & responsive to the labour market (a lot of it vital services, like the NHS & my taxi home). That is hard to do & so draconian. Immigration controls have not stopped about 170,000 non EU people entering each year. I was opposed to Blair agreeing to the likes of Romania, Bulgaria getting free movement rights when the EU was widened. I think that was a huge mistake and one that lead to the result. I don't personally see leaving the EU as a good move.

anstonred likes this.
  13. Dragon Tyke

Dragon Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    so did you see who it was , if so then you should have had a word with a steward and got him removed and handed over to the police

14. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't disagree with you on the general point. What I am saying is that most folk can make the clear distinction and those who can't would be racist pr1cks without reading about immigration in the press or on social media.

15. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't think we're far apart on the majority of this JP. It's probably moving the debate away from the key point but it is a fascinating debate all the same.

John Peachy likes this.
  16. John Peachy

John Peachy Well-Known Member

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes. There is free market economics, which held sway up to a couple of years ago & there is central planning.

Neither is the way forward. I'd say privatisation of transport & utilities has been an unmitigated disaster.
    Bureaucrats deciding who enters the country is also troubling.

17. Dragon Tyke

Dragon Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    really I thought we were squeaky clean in this field , I was led to believe all the BFC fans are angels and that its only other clubs who are very naughty people.... wow I am shocked .

18. Sea

Seattle_Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Good of you to decide on the player's behalf what he should and shouldn't know. It reminds me of the judge in the Lady Chatterley trial saying the book wasn't the kind of stuff he would want his wife or servants to read. I never realised Darfield was that posh. Why not just be honest and admit that you don't give a toss what racist abuse was thrown at Brown because that's the kind of person you are.

It's not too late to do something. The ground will have CCTV and the OP could say where he was sitting and about when the abuse was shouted. If that's ok with your wife and servants of course.

19. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Isn't it weird. We're both a couple of loutish, beer guzzling, Barnsley born and bred arseholes. Absolutely anything is fair game when it comes to making a joke. I reckon it would actually be impossible to offend us. Yet we wouldn't dream of saying anything like what you have described. I don't get it. I don't get how you can think you're superior and degrade another person. It's just beyond my comprehension.

Extremely Northern likes this.
  20. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

I stated barnsley as I don't go watch any other team I've watched us since 1996 and counting. Every club has a small minority i imagine some but like I said I can only relate to my own club and past incidents as I don't go watch any other team never have and won't start now.