I still want Lee out

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Donny.tyke, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    My thinking is he's a poor manager who will never take the club forward because he makes too many basic mistakes and has already fallen into the trap of spouting absolute rubbish in his press conferences (something which a manager rarely recovers from) however as we are nw halfway through the last transfer window of the season the club has left it far too late to make a change and as such there is not a whole lot of point in sacking him now. Might as well go to the end of the season and see what happens. If he drastically improved between now and then then like any player he has bought himself another year. If he doesn't then again like any underperforming player he should be gone at the seasons end. I'll criticise him when he gets it wrong but no point calling from his head now, the time for that has well and truly gone

2. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I just think that's a really harsh statement mate, tbh. He's one of the youngest managers in the game and he's learning his trade. But he's also passionate, very genuine (from what I've seen) and really wants to succeed. I think he's doing ok..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think it's been a fairly disastrous appointment. An expensive mistake. Johnson seems a nice genuine guy who has forward thinking ideas about football. He has struggled to bridge the gap between the theories and the realities and rigours of 3rd division football. His inexperience shines through. His (in)ability to analyse the strengths and weaknesses of his team and the better players in it has cost us dearly this season. I will find it hard to forgive the Altrincham performance and the team/tactics selected that day.

Having said all that. Results have picked up as have performances albeit from a very low starting point. It would not be the right time to change things now. Our recovery is fragile. We are already in the January window and Johnson and the recruitment team have presumably identified targets. It seems fairest and best for the club to support Johnson until the end of the salon and then conduct a thorough review.

One crucial area for Johnson to show real progress on is in developing our young players not those on loan but our young lads. So to see the benefit of coaching on Bree, Abbott, Templeton, Mawson, Davies, Scowen and Roberts. These players either young or new to this standard of football should be going forwards and developing there has to be tangible signs of this as most have seemingly gone backwards so far. Given the parameters of his job as I understand them this development is fundamental to the role of 'Head Coach'.

I'd guess if you scored Johnson out of 10 at they moment then 5 would be fairly generous. I guess by seasons end you would be looking for this to be a strong 7 based on development and results to continue in post.

4. Don

DonnyTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I dont really think SuperTyke went far enough. I cant see a manager in the FL I think is worse than LJ. And his arrogance stank when he claimed he'd bring us football we'd never seen at Barnsley even if he was correct.

5. Gordon Owen

Gordon Owen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Its January, a lot of points to play for. This tables looking better each week.

http://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england3

6. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    fair enough, if that's what you think. only time will tell us whether or not he's been a good manager or not. in the meantime i'm still backing him.

7. Red

Reds Fan Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    For me this has been the biggest disappointment about Johnson. Even in this decent run I would say the key players have been Isgrove, Hammil, White and Winnall. Sam obviously already here but others all new additions. I expected Johnson coming in as a "head coach" to really develop and improve Wilsons signings and our youngsters. I don't think he's done that. A lot have got worse.

Saying that, I guess it's hard for young players to show their best when they are getting beat every week. Maybe as confidence improves they will start to develop quicker.