I thought Cryne had helped bring about change in the mindset of BFC fans

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Omen, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Ome

Omen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That we stick to the plan, stick with the manager and stick together. Appears not the way some doom mongers are out in force.

Stop creating bad vibes and unrest because we aint battering teams week in week out. Hecky has had to rebuild the entire team in one window. He doing a marvellous job so get off his back FFS.

I do not see anything to be worried about right now. The team are starting to gel and giving some of the best in the league a massive test. Think what we could be doing in another month or two once we get lads like izzy back in, some of the new uns like Mallon finally getting up to speed as well as everyone knowing their roles. Could be a massively different picture.

Yes i wish we could have more points on the board and with a little more luck like ipswich and wolves we may be nicely mid table but we are where we are. If we keep at it we will be fine. My only disappointment is we didnt get Mcburnie over the line or had gone for someone else instead. We are light up front but again it is what it is - lets do the best with what we have. Moaning and whinging is of no help to anyone.

Anyway - rant over. Cant believe i'm even reading folk are getting twitchy already.

Snaptin, wolvestyke, BobT and 5 others like this.
  2. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You're really blowing out of all proportion any posts even suggesting Hecky should be under any kind of pressure.

3. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm fully behind the manager. I am not fully behind the plan and never will be.

I wish Patrick all the best on a personal level but my opinions on the running of the club are completely separate.

4. hav

havana red1 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You can only be truly judged at the end of the season (we know that only too well).
    Not a great start.
    Will this change? It could of course, but it may continue: we don't know.
    "Olt could happen"

5. Young Nudger

Young Nudger Well-Known Member

Counting great crested newts
    Hiding in a reed bed at the local RSPB nature rese
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I thought Cryne had helped bring about change in the mindset of BFC fans

Yep - but it's not a positive one.

6. Don

DonnyTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Jesus Christ happy clapper alert.

I'm all behind the plan, always wanted us to sign up and coming players for years before we did. They have to be the right players though and some of the ones we've signed this time aren't, not that I want anything to change in terms on management or the way we recruit, just pointing out some of them clearly ain't good enough, Isgrove being one if his last spell was anything to go by.

7. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm not sure decisive posts like this are particularly helpful.

I am 100 percent behind the manager. He is young and promising and has moved us forward. He will and has made mistakes. We all do. It's human. We have sold off / lost all our better players and replaced them with less good ones (not that some of them won't develop in time) but as of now they are not at the standard of those that left. We have amassed a great L1 team. If Hecky manages to keep us in the Championship with that team it will be little short of a miracle. If we get relegated then he must be supported due to the extenuating circumstances of that relegation.

The plan is a different matter. For a club our size it is the only obvious solution to competing in a league made unequal by the Premiership rewarding failure by awarding parachute payments to gerrymander the competition. It is clearly able to be success in L1 where we have the financial muscle to outmanoeuvre most teams. Whether it is fit for purpose for the championship is another matter where we are near the bottom of the pecking order rather than the top. The idea of potential investment may solve this problem allowing us to move up a level in terms of recruitment rather than revisiting the same level.

As a side issue. We clearly chuffed up contracts and have tried to address this but the demands of players and limits of the plan will always be a potential issue.

Onwards and upwards.

8. shed131

shed131 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Lets get this episode in to perspective ...lay cards on the table ....for a start we are a team made up of Young lads who in the majority of cases are playing at the highest point of their careers so far they are .learning their trade ..experience wise this team is punching above its weight every time it turns out and by the nature of their age are bound to make mistakes and those Individual mistakes on the field of play, have at times cost us, that said they win together they loose together...
    so i for one don't single anyone out ..pointing fingers of blame . Remember I've held my hands up and said we would struggle and I'm still of that opinion....No this is not a point scoring post nor am i trying to gloat,far from and id be mortified if i was accused of doing so.
    i would truly love to be proved wrong and pray that i'am come the end of season.

In my honest opinion and this may upset some ..i believe that those that are moaning at tactics and state of play and often heard criticizing individuals are the very same who are the instigators of their now very own apparent short comings...You built them up and now they are not meeting your exceptions you pull them down and look to place the blame on every one but yourselves
    ..theres nothing worse than blind faith. it clouds your judgement and quite a few are guilty of that.

Has it not crossed your mind that Hecky plays the system he does, to the strength of the players he sees day in day out...he will know their individual weaknesses and strengths...

Its not going to be pleasant at times to watch, but come on give him credit we are not getting slaughtered week in week out ..
    yes we might be loosing but apart from the odd game the lads playing are trying and giving their all for the club and the shirt...
    the football at times is lovely to watch and yet at times silly defensive errors cost us, but once again hopefully that will get sorted on the training ground and learning from the mistakes on the field of play,
    the more they play hopefully the more they learn to play as a solid unit
    We are not blessed with a striker who's going to rip up this league, which in reflection is down to monetary reasons... not and i repeat Not the fault of the head coach, the club chose the route they took replacing seasoned players with raw recruits too many at the same time and thats why in my opinion we are struggling..we had the saga of the miss signing of Mcburnie who many thought would give us other options up front...something else that was out of heckys hands ...Like it or like it not the club are in a transition period both on and off the field of play and until this take over takes place and January comes we have just to take what ever comes our way ...suck it and see ....we are in it together no matter which side of the fence you sit on ...but for crying out loud stop trying to place the blame at any individuals door ...take a deep breath and look in the mirror and lower your expectations and ask yourselves why you set yourselves up for a fall ...I for one am positive Hecky and his coaching staff will turn things around given time no matter where we end up division wise ...and in the words of Corporal Jones...Stop Panicking ....although im a strong believer that lightening doesn't strike the same place twice have you all forgot what happened last time we hit rock bottom...and we haven't done that yet as i write...
    As previously stated stop having knee jerk reactions on match days it only makes your anger worse ...yes we all have our weekends ruined when we loose because we all want to see hear the reds have done the business and won ...
    Relax chill and enjoy the roller coaster that is known as Barnsley football club...

BobT and Connor like this.
  9. Toe

ToeNailClippers Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Why? What is it about the plan that bothers you?

10. Con

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It is not compatible with on the field success because as soon as a player becomes good enough to attract attention, they will be sold. The point of the plan is not to develop players to get BFC up the table - it is to buy cheap, polish players up and sell them for a profit. It does not take league position into account - as we saw in January.

11. Redstar

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Or the relative strength of the squad game given selling Roberts and not moving fast enough with Scowen

12. Con

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't think we ever intended to give Scowen a contract as we had already decided we couldn't afford it.

13. Redstar

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Probably reight. Makes Hecky's words yesterday all the more pertinent then.

14. Con

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yep. I'm sure they will be ignored on here though but those who think he is responsible or those who think the plan is infallible.

15. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    All this "The Plan" business neglects an important issue. The players are human and have opinions and choices. So do their agents.

The biggest problem facing us and clubs like us, is that any player that stands out will have his head turned by money. We may be able to offer incremental increases in new contracts, but we won't be able to quadruple a player's wages. The club is then forced to choose between upsetting the fans by selling them to recover some money to allow rebuilding, or forcing an unsettled player to stay and hope that his performance will remain good, then letting him go for nowt.

I've no idea how to solve this problem, not a clue. Glad I'm not I'm charge.

Andy Mac likes this.