I thought Ugbo struggled today TBH

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Dragon Tyke, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Interesting how people aren't talking about Ugbo holding the ball before the goal well to put Hammill in on the overlap.
    Or how he almost got in when he put PNE's number 17 on the ground with strength for the ball not to quite run for him and the defender on the floor to block it.

Things didn't always run for Ike yesterday but he does things the right way. Off the ball he box's in very well and never stops. Why am I not reading well done to the Preston defense. They were very good at the back. Think he Ike Ugbo had 1 half chance of scoring when it was a bit of a scramble 6/8 yards out. Could Barnes have got the ball to him?

This Ugbo can't play in a one or Bradshaw can't or when it happens Thiam can't play in a 1.

Yes they can. They've all played in formations that play it before they come to Chelsea. The u23's at Chelsea play it from what I see, every week. the u18's do too.

2. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Must not bite
    Must not bite
    Must not bite
    There....calm
    :)

3. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What are you talking about. Thinking a lot of people posting without been at pne

4. John Peachy

John Peachy Well-Known Member

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Wasn't at the game, as was DJing in the Lakes. Listened to game, sat in car park at Ambleside!
    If we play 1 up then surely it's about the support from midfield. Potts & Moncur breaking through.
    As Hecky went for two more defensive minded midfielders, against an in form team at home i guess it's inevitable whoever was up front would be isolated, as there was only Potts as support. Must be counted as a very good point though.

5. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He went 433 John. For me he's got to make it 4231. This will get Potts doing more of what he does best. When he's positive he's a good player. The role in the right of the 3 makes him nervy. You can see it a mile off. Off the ball he's not great. There player ran past him on the first highlight that's been shown.

All I read on here is this player can't play in a 1, that player can't play in a 1. It's utter nonsense. Just use have a bit of basic knowledge of the player. Every single one of the strikers are here because they performed well in a 1.

Never well done to Preston, never anything about the way the game was played. It's more open plan up front and we are still learning. I'd have thought they would have got a couple of behind close doors games in over the break just to speed it up.

John Peachy likes this.
  6. Con

Connor Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Think most people are saying ugbo would be better playing in a two man strike force , not saying he can't play in a one . Was hard for him as he doesn't win many headers or hold it up , so obviously he would be better with a partner

7. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He's different. He likes to spin and get players close to the point they are too tight. Lets not confuse him. Just another game like you played for chelsea. For me we need to get someone closer to him. I prefer moncur i'll be perfectly honest with that but if it's to be potts then get him higher.

8. YTB

YTBFC Guest

Tha boring, Phil. Gerroff.

9. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    you talking about the ifollow content andy.

10. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    "Being" at PNE. It's "being".

11. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hammill has made 3 of our last 4 goals

12. Duntpasstome

Duntpasstome Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hammill has been excellent and is my favourite player at the club, my main point that playing with one striker goals need to come from other players and it would be good to see hammill start curling a few in. I do think player rotation will be a big thing this year and with hedges and Barnes scoring and isgrove to come in a few hammill goals would be welcome as well as assists.

Jimmy viz and Connor like this.
  13. Con

Connor Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hammill was great again yesterday , the flick he did to set hedges clear was class, set the goal up and his attitude to track back and win ball back was great

Jamo, Exile and Duntpasstome like this.
  14. man

mansfield_red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I can't remember you ever defending Winnall when he got some stick. It's funny how you decide who you love/hate before they've even kicked a ball for us based on where they played as a kid.