I understand the anger and frustration

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by ark104 (v2), Nov 9, 2019.

1. SFOTyke

SFOTyke Well-Known Member

Retired (Early)
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Like everyone here, I’m not happy with the current situation. However, as mentioned elsewhere, there’s not much we can do until January. My biggest complaint though, by far, is the silence. How can we start to address all the current issues, if no one gives us an explanation? (Even though many would never believe it).

Having said this, I don’t believe there is a need for people to tell the Board and individuals to FO. In my opinion, that language and level of vitriol does not help the situation. Additionally, it’s OK calling for the Board / owners to leave, but we would be even worse off with no ownership.

ark104 (v2) likes this.
  2. Dragon Tyke

Dragon Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    have to totally agree with that statement. January will be a a statment of intent time depending on what they do. The team need our love right now, although its a big ask. A large part of the team a not up the mark, but that is not their fault.....it's this bloody stupid system they have for recruiting new players, It's as if they are playing a computer football manager game but with real people. And it's not just the bairns that take the field who are getting hurt and damaged, its the fans too. The owners may well be ruining young players futures, new managers and also damaging the fanbase too.

3. ark

ark104 (v2) Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't buy the argument that the business model is to sell players to make the owners profit. In fact they've only actuallyssold one player who wasn't ebtering the last year of their contract. I absolutely believe they are here to make financial gain but selling League One players won't achieve that, not to an extent that would be a worthwhile return on investment and risk, and there is no evidence they have taken any money out of the club.

The only real route to financial return is leaving the club in a better position than when they bought it.

ScubaTyke and SFOTyke like this.
  4. Barnsleyshaun

Barnsleyshaun Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I
    It’s like using statistics to say what you like, yes there’s (was) one team below us with some experience, there was also 22 (now 23) above us with experience, so their argument doesn’t quite stand up to even minimal scrutiny.

5. ark

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I largely agree with this except to say that I think we have signed some good players who, alongside experience to guide and nurture them, could be really good players. Starting with a centre half because our lack of defensive organisation is scary.

6. wombwell-red

wombwell-red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Listen football is a hard game to understand for anyone coming into the game with hardly any prior knowledge of the league so I’m sure if the lines of communication between the board and the fans was open, that we’d be more tolerant of our current situation. If Conway or Dane came out and held their hands up saying something along the lines of “We got it wrong” then I’m sure 80% of the fans would give them until after January to try and sort this mess out.

But that hasn’t happened, in fact the last time we heard from Conway was his sideways aims at the fans talking about this being “the best transfer window in history” and we’ve had nothing since. Nada.

We support Barnsley FC we know the highs and the lows and we are all familiar friends with both, this situation in the league isn’t brand new to us. But this stand off with the board definitely is and needs to be rectified as soon as possible before the chasm is too much to repair.

7. Sopwith Camel

Sopwith Camel Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Whether true or not it make em look cold and ruthless. Plus with their transfer policy who's to say they'll try or even want to make amends in January.
    They haven't given any kind of indication that they give any kind of flying fooook..

8. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I made exactly the same point at the time (although my maths was out, I said 21 teams) that first interjection was me saying exactly that.

Redhelen and Barnsleyshaun like this.
  9. Tyk

Tyketical Masterstroke Well-Known Member

Dry buumer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No, absolutely no need to tell them to FO. But, they do need to be educated that they are on course for a season that will be the most embarrassing and lowest points scoring in the illustrious 132 years of this glorious club.

And they should be ashamed of that. They are on course to be historically inept in a way that has never been seen in this club before. Shame on every one of them.

10. Nig

Nigel hambleton Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The still won't bring in experience the clueless owners that need to go now killing our club making us a laughing stock

11. ark

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    But go where? They own us.

To add I've never been comfortable with anyone owning us other than the fans

12. Nig

Nigel hambleton Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Sell up seen as cinesy after buying partick thistle now when we in such mess due to there stubbornness bout u25 policy

13. ark

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    To be bought buy who?

14. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

15. Hykehamtyke

Hykehamtyke Well-Known Member

HM Forces
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We pay peanuts and get fvckin monkeys, simple really?

16. Tarntyke

Tarntyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The players responsible for their first 2 goals have been 2 of our better performers this season. There is clearly talent in this young squad, but obviously that alone is not enough

17. dod

dodgey defence Well-Known Member

Joiner
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They could start putting things right tomorrow by bringing in an experienced championship manager and letting him make the decisions about what we need to stay up.
    All is not lost yet.
    But with our board and plan it will be a foreign coach/yes man who knows nothing about the championship.

18. Old

Old Gimmer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not sure how many times this needs saying but length of contract is only relevant in terms of the fee achieved when the player is sold. It does not mean, in my honest opinion, that there is any intention to keep players for any longer than it takes for the club to receive an acceptable offer. Although it may well be that many of those acquired this summer will be here for the full duration of their contract!!!

DannyWilsonLovechild likes this.
  19. Wat

Watcher_Of_The_Skies Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    As we know experienced players don't necessarily equal good ones. We clearly need a couple but getting the right ones for the right fee, and perhaps more importantly right wages is easier said than done.

20. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    But the message from Dane was they're not looking for experienced players. They don't believe a lack of experience is the problem. It's not a case of finding the right ones, they're not looking in that direction.

DannyWilsonLovechild likes this.