If you live outside U.K. And Ireland

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by ryhilltyke, May 3, 2017.

1. LDR

LDRed Well-Known Member

Groundhopper
    Style:
    Barnsley
    I did that in Canada, it's nice to have your weekend ruined by BFC 9 hours earlier than usual!

2. andytyke

andytyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's not just watching any team though is it. It's not stopping at home to watch a man u or Chelsea game instead of going to watch a live game.

It's watching the team you support the only way you can if travelling thousands of miles every week isn't an option.

If I lived in Madrid watching Barnsley on TV would come before watchkng Madrid v Barcelona live any day. As a have very little interest in any other football than Barnsley

3. Skryptic

Skryptic Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'll be signing up, got a decent VPN with a good number of location options. If enough away fans decide to do the same thing maybe QPR won't be able to get away with charging £37. Doubt it though.

4. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If I'm in Ireland it will be in the darkest depths of Kerry. The nearest football available is two hours away at Limerick or Cork so that's not exactly a trip down the road. I've been watching Witton Albion recently when unable to get to Oakwell, and yes, it is better than watching Chelski or Manu on Sky. They;re never going to be challenging Barnsley (I flipping hope) so there's no conflict of interest and they're a good little club with a long history and a nice ground. I was hoping they were going to pip Shaw Lane to the title but just fell short but they've gone up through the play offs.
    Anyway, some way of watching the Reds would alleviate the sporting wilderness of South West Ireland cos I just can't see me getting into GAA!!!

5. Brewery stand

Brewery stand Well-Known Member

Real Estate
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Will clubs be getting any revenue from this? I imagine someone will work out how to view from within the UK and Ireland so if clubs do get something from every viewer logged in might help.
    That being said I will be signing up. No MLS team in Michigan to go and watch....yet. I hate waiting for Barnsley Player to post the match videos because I know the score already before I watch it!
    Keep the faith in Hecky next season, we`ll be alright ;)

6. Merde Tete

Merde Tete Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    For some, maybe. I don't really like watching us on TV either! Though obviously if we're on I always find a stream. But I hate the fact that I get to Oakwell so rarely, hence the fact that I still plan holidays around the fixture list!