Incident in London.

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Donny Red, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Til

Tilertoes Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Our country, its citizens and our way of life is under direct attack.
    That's what the world is coming to

2. Cod Eye

Cod Eye Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I've had enough of this world now. It seems to be brimming with pure evil...

It's less than 2 weeks since Manchester, where my partner and step daughter would have been directly in the blast had they not dropped something and got hold up in the hustle and bustle of trying to exit the arena. The Mrs hasn't slept all week trying to decide if she should go to the big concert today, and after seeing what happened last night, I'm glad she decided that she wasn't ready yet...

3. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You're right ST. Personally I'm a long time supporter of the police and the job they (the front line officers) do in very difficult circumstances and last night underlines this.

I've heard reports that the cowardly scum were wearing fake suicide vests but the police didn't know they were fake yet they continued to do their job. As we saw at Westminster and other places, they run in to situations where others run out, to protect us.

Once again they have done a fantastic job and they deserve a lot of credit.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  4. LDR

LDRed Well-Known Member

Groundhopper
    Style:
    Barnsley
    Not to worry, the politicians will tell us their prayers are with everybody affected, that'll sort it.

5. W1z

W1zz Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

6. tri

tricky Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    LDRed, your flippant response does not help. What do you suggest politicians or anybody can do to prevent these cuns from doing what they are doing?

7. shed131

shed131 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Why shouldn't he say the above ...that's exactly what the politicians say.....what they don't say is ....due to our actions of bombing and going to war for the western ideology in other countries whereby we kill thousands of inocent people we now find ourselves bringing problems to our own shores.
    Just because these people we kill or maime in the name of what ...installing the western ideology is ok.. because we do it under the name of freeing them from a so called dictator makes it ok.
    The human race baying for blood killing each other to be top dog just like the video games....so so wrong ...not a world I want to live in but unfortunately I do just like yourself the powers to be are taking us.
    Without turning this into a mainstream political debate...but that's one of the reasons I find JC approach refreshing to hear when he speaks of dialogue. ...research Lybia and what Gaddafi was trying to do re African dollar and how that would have effected the yanks and their western banking system read what the people of Lybia actually had before the war you will be surprised. ..none of that mentioned. ...Syria another not wanting to play ball with the powers at hand....we reap what we sow....
    Yes my heart goes out to all the victims....and that's what we all are...no matter which side of the fence ....do the politicans care ...some do those that don't continue to allow sales of weapons to Saudi on the grounds it's in our countries best interests. ..and allow our secret services to train up certain groups to undermine certain countries regimes then because they feel they are working for us are not a danger....ask the poor souls affected in Manchester if that's right...
    Yeah political stance we will say a prayer for the victims of our decisions

8. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He's not wrong.

Thankfully the PM would based on her statement would appear to be going after them.

9. Sco

Scoff Well-Known Member

The interface between business and technology
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Don't the purdah rules prevent the incumbent government from doing anything that might tie the oppositions hands after the election. So we can't change policy permanently until the new government is in place...

10. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    All campaigning
    That's correct Scoff. Purdah is the pre-election period between the announced election and the election result.
    It affects the Civil Service whereby Central and Local Government personnel cannot make any announcements
    concerning any initiative which might favour any party or candidate in any up coming election.

11. MarioKempes

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If Western foreign policy is to blame then why do these terrorists who kill in the name of a twisted and perverted ideology kill significantly more Muslims in Muslim countries than any other group of people.

redrum likes this.
  12. the

theworldwontlisten Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Agreed first officer on seen took on all 3 attackers with just his batton before being knocked to the ground

13. the

theworldwontlisten Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Scene

14. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's partly to blame as we've been part of creating the instability and the vacuum into which ISIS have poured.

Folks in prosperous countries rarely get turned by lunatics. But these countries arent prosperous and therefore are fertile grounds for it.

Then we have our ongoing support of Saudi Arabia. Who it seems are behind a lot of this ***** anyway.

It's a matter of time before someone commits an act of "retribution" against just as innocent Muslims and from there we teeter on the brink of something very very dark.

So many people calling for internment. I can understand the reaction but as long as there are enough resources to watch these people we then find out who they talk to and what they do, this taking out more than first thought.

It's a frightening prospect that people want internment without charge or suspicion. Where does it end? Once that particular cat is out of the bag it goes back in after many many deaths

shed131 likes this.
  15. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Security serices have foiled 18 terrorist attacks in britain scince 2013 scary stuff.

16. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Nah, she's going to regulate the internet in response.

17. MarioKempes

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree with you RS, I believe it is a factor but it is not to blame and I wish people would stop blaming the West.

Western foreign policy has been good and bad, it always has been and probably always will be. In respect of our connections with Saudi Arabia my opinion is that this needs to be reviewed because I think they are part of the problem.

ISIS has some of its roots in the failed Arab Spring and the treatment of the Arab youth when their protest was crushed. But the ISIS ideology has nothing to do with foreign policy - they want a theocratic caliphate that implements their barbaric version of Islam forced on the world. They consider anybody who doesn't follow this disgusting ideology as their enemy, which of course includes other Muslims.

They don't kill people in response to foreign policy, they kill because of a hatred of anything that doesn't follow their perverse view. They may use foreign policy to recruit but this doesn't mean the policy is wrong per se.

18. MarioKempes

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Don't you think that the big providers of social media and the search engines have a responsibility to regulate in some way when extremists are using it to promote and glorify the likes of ISIS? It may only have a limited impact but anything we can do to make things more difficult for them should be done.

19. Ext

Extremely Northern Well-Known Member

Professional Northerner.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Ask the Yazidi people which of their foreign policies encouraged the ISIS Islamists to attempt to wipe them off the face of the earth ?

Not excusing New Labour's slavish following of George W's insanity mind.

Sent from the darkest recesses of a poisoned mind.

20. MarioKempes

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I couldn't agree more EN. Likewise the Coptic Christians, the Turkmen, Shia Muslims, Gays, Women in general, and many more groups.