Interesting podcast with Hecky

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by NathanBFC94, Dec 21, 2018.

1. ben

benjamoose Well-Known Member

Short memory and clearly someone with no intelligence. Especially when it comes to someone judging a person who is clearly an intelligent man in Paul heckingbottom. You can see and hear how much he understands the game and has a clear philosophy of how it should be played - he just didn’t show enough loyalty to see the job through to the end and stamp it on the club long term. Your reaction lacks fact or reason

2. wak

wakeyred Well-Known Member

the clues in my imaginative online moniker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don’t understand why you would want him to say more things which damage the reputation of the club, whether it’s the truth or not. I can’t think of a single person or thing I have effection for that I would then denigrate especially in public. radical honesty is a dangerous way to behave, usually associated with some kind of issue with your personality. So if he is “just” being honest then he’s got problems, or he’s lieing to cover his own flaws, either way he shouldn’t be applauded for it.

3. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    As far as I’m aware there was one article online (could’ve been Yorkshire post not sure), this podcast & he’s been on Sky covering us once or twice.

I find it refreshing because we never normally hear from ex-managers, if there is any more out there send it my way (anyone reading)

4. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    How can he damage the club? It’s still only his opinion. Does it really damage the club if Hecky says he didn’t get on with Ganaye & that signings were made behind his back?

I don’t think I’ve heard anything that really damages the club.

The club did all the damage, managing to lose 8 of your starting 11 in 4 months is horrendous. I don’t think anything Hecky says can come close to doing that kind of damage

Jay and Merde Tete like this.
  5. man

mansfield_red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We should have offered them both improved deals with a release fee if we didn't go up. Or just held them to their contracts then let them leave for nowt. We could have allowed ourselves a shot at the playoffs without the risk of being tied to ridiculous contracts if we missed out.

PC said he would let players leave for nowt if we had to hold them to contracts in order to secure our status in the division. Yet when we were in with a shot of the playoffs (where the reward is much greater than a survival battle) he sold them off. I'm a great fan of his and eternally thankful for what he did for our club but that transfer window showed a huge lack of ambition.

Simon De Montforte likes this.
  6. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Both improved deals? Their agents will of known what sort of money villa anď Wednesday were prepared to pay and we couldn't compete with that. Sam winnall told the club he wouldn't be playing for them after the window and Conor went to see Patrick and told him he wanted to leave.

7. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

8 of our starting 11? Conor,bree,winnall,watkins,scowen,Roberts the other two?

8. robert.hall.545849

robert.hall.545849 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not been on here for a while as it was getting too vitriolic and personal and if anyone dares to have an opposite viewpoint you’re like the devil incarnate ! Bit anyroad saw this thread and couldn’t help myself . I believe PH’s account to be a true version of events even if we tend to want to show some misguided loyalty to the club . It’s also apparent that criticising PC is very dodgy ground indeed . I posted on here months ago about the contract situation when we got promoted and hecky actually confirmed what I’d been told . If we had wanted to tie Conor and winnall etc down with new contracts then they were happy to extend their stays . They were on ***** money ( for professional footballers) £2k a week and they were asking for double ( £4 a week) which doesn’t seem unreasonable to me . If that’s the level of pay BFC is offering then it’s no wonder we’re in the alehouse league . This is not a criticism of PC not is it a vindication of what PH says just a factual version of events . And there you have it my friends . Happy Christmas !

Casper likes this.
  9. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Of this is the truth from him then does that mean he was a liar when he stated the opposite previously?

10. robert.hall.545849

robert.hall.545849 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He never stated the opposite and if you look back over that period it all adds up . Don’t get the animosity towards PH , the club made his job untenable and he walked . So what ? He’s got his own career and family to think of . Too many central M/F’s squad unbalanced , ring any bells ? You’re entitled to your opinion but it seems the misguided loyalty towards the club is errr .... misguided

11. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I have definitely not got any misguided loyalty to the club. He has contradicted himself several times
    Can you explain how he managed to arrange his backroom staff to quit their jobs and make a life changing decision within a matter of hours?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    Bossman likes this.
  12. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Apologies it was 7 with Kent. Mawson went the summer before.

Felt like more with losing White as well

13. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Kent went the summer after Conor and Sam left. He was only ever a loan player though who we had no chance of buying permanent.

14. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thank **** for that

15. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yeah it was Yorkshire Post.......

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/spo...-itching-to-return-to-the-frontline-1-9416451

He's spoken out in a number of press interviews including this one......

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-news-heckingbottom-barnsley-14554863

We know he's been spoke to on Sky Sports about us as a pundit or general interview a number of times and I don't think this podcast is the first he's spoke about us on. He's rehashed the same opinions over at least half a dozen different times and if something is said often enough, people start to believe it if it's true or not. His next job won't be in the championship like his last two were. If he was a winner and successful owners would look past it. However I reckon plenty will see him as a trouble causer and worry what he will say about them if they give him a job and then have to sack him.

16. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I know but he went same time as Watkins, Scowen, Roberts etc & was still first choice

17. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

I don't find it refreshing. It's just going over old ground, and given that Mr Cryne is no longer with us, it's a bit one sided.

Whatever has or hasn't happened at the club can't be changed. It's gone and he's gone.

Just like when he was here, he's playing to the section of fan base that likes having a dig at the club, because he knows they choose to believe anything apart from those at the club.

Rather than blaming other people for him being out of work, it's surely time for him to strengthen his claims by getting a job and steering a club to success. He's young enough.

He's talking the talk. Let's see him walk the walk.

wombwell-red and redrum like this.
  18. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Really good read that Yorkshire Post one. I still don’t think there’s anything said that all cause him trouble long term, I think he’s been careful not to go too far.

You’d imagine he’d definitely have to drop at least one league, he’s not experienced enough to get the benefit of the doubt after the Leeds job like a Gary Monk for example did

19. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    People are writing as if he’s sat in a chair at home all bitter & twisted about the Barnsley job & that he can’t let it go when in reality he’s given a few interviews over 11 months.

He’s said he’s been studying other managers & talks about spending time watching Rafa Benitez work so he’s definitely trying to learn & improve.

I don’t really understand this ‘move on’ attitude on here. I love looking back at things, reading autobiographies, listening that 90’s football podcast (brilliant by the way) & it’s the same with this. You can look back at things without it changing your current life.

If people don’t like it they just completely ignore anything he says & don’t comment on it. That’s what I do on here when there’s subjects I don’t want to hear about.

20. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

I love looking back at good things, like the promotion, Jpt and away form in the following season, for which he received the plaudits.

After that? Nah. Leave it in the past. For someone that goes to almost every game, it was pretty dour , as were his interviews.

Sorry mate, as much as I respect you as a poster, we're going to have to agree to disagree. Club first for me all day long. Managers come and go. I'm not from Barnsley, so maybe that's why I don't have that extra sentiment for him.