January

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Duntpasstome, Oct 22, 2017.

1. upt

upthecolliers Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hecky brought in Gardner(think thats what they call him as I've never seen him) from Aston Villa to run the midfield where has he gone a dead leg don't last 2 months.

2. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

Completely forgot about him!

3. MexboroughTyke

MexboroughTyke Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    It's a bit much to be calling them a waste twelve games into their three year contracts..

4. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I wouldn’t say Pinnock’s been a waste of a signing. We need 4 centre backs & he’s one of them.

Mallan I’d agree with to a certain extent but he’s only young so maybe the plan was always to develop him. He’s way down the pecking order with Williams, McGeehan, Gardner, Potts, Moncur & Bird ahead of him. I think a league one loan would be ideal for him

5. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    But the same guys get chance after chance despite creating little and struggling with clean sheets. Our league position doesn't lie, the guys picked haven't done enough. We should have been pushing on this season instead we are well behind two sides who have only just come up.

6. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

To be fair, at this point last season we were one of the sides that had just come up, and lots of established clubs were behind us.

Sheffield United similar to us last season, Millwall doing OK but not brilliant, we comfortably won there before the break and Bolton this season's Wigan. January still to come, and blunts seem oblivious to it.

7. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I disagree, I expected us to struggle the first half of the season especially. With 16 new players it was never going to gel quickly. I think he’s trying to gradually change things & trying to get a core of the team playing together regularly which I’d says the right thing to do.

Mostly I think he’s got the starters right, McCarthy, Williams & Hammill’s performances have justified their selection. Fryers deservedly getting the nod over Pearson at left back now he’s fit & I think Jackson & Lindsay have looked the best centre backs.

Barnes / Hedges is toss of a coin, not much in it, Bradshaw deserves to start over Ugbo.

Main arguments for me are keeper, as Davies hasn’t been at his best & central midfield where I’d expect Gardner & McGeehan to combine with Williams when everyone’s fit

8. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Gardner appears to have the worst dead leg the world has ever seen. When a team scores with their first attempt on goal, I don't think anyone is safe for the next game. Wouldn't be a shock if Hecky puts both Yiadom and Mcdonald in on saturday and that at least one of Pinnock/Malan is on the bench. We don't see enough of Bird either who looks a good un in the bits of game time he's had so far.

9. Red

Redsnut Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What the fook did he sign him for then