Jeremy Corbyn......

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by 'thereev', Nov 16, 2015.

1. Merde Tete

Merde Tete Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm reluctantly coming to the conclusion that boots on the ground may be the best solution, though with a lot of reservations for obvious reasons. But put in simplistic terms, the alternatives are either air strikes, which are causing huge numbers of civilian casualties, whether our governments want to admit it or not. Or the other option is to do nothing. What an absolutely grim situation we're in.

2. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He prefers to bring the likes of those terrorists in Paris to justice where possible. And that means justice under due process of law.

Given these ****ers want to die to get their virgins and seat at Allah's table, capturing them, trying them, convicting them and keeping them locked up for the rest of their natural lives would be perfect.

3. Merde Tete

Merde Tete Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    A planet where he, and I would hope the rest of the British public, do not wish to see innocent Brazilian builders shot dead for entering the tube with a backpack on.

Plus where people are brought to justice through the correct channels. For these people facing court is their worst fear, far worse than death, as has been proven time and time again.

4. 'thereev'

'thereev' Banned Idiot

Company Director
    I shall and always will form my own opinion.

You just stick to doing what you are told to.

Hth

5. LiverpoolRed

LiverpoolRed Well-Known Member

Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom, 105653082800
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't support it -I made the point immigration has risen more under this present government so they can hardly denounce Corbyn

6. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It worked fine; it was the exit strategy and lack of long term post war planning that caused the problems.

7. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I've already reached the conclusion that air strikes alone will not achieve the desired objective. A ground campaign is needed but this time the ground offensive needs to be accompanied by a proper exit strategy and a robust long term plan for a long term post war period.

8. Dub

Dubai Tyke New Member

I agree a ground offensive and of such a massive scale by all western nations, and including Russia who have an interest now after the bombing of their plane in Egypt. clear them out of Iraq and Syria and anywhere else they may linger. They would be forced underground then for sure, to plan more barbaric acts but their recruitment would dwindle to a trickle. I was against the first and second invasion of Iraq and the bombing of Lybia, but in this case it has to be done. The only winner in all this is Asad, but as we have seen, most of the trouble in these regions has happened after the west started interfering, does anyone really think that ISIS would even exist in Iraq if Hussain were still in charge? not a chance. Exit strategy - that's a difficult one as there are deep rooted tribal differences in these areas Shiite and Sunni mainly with Kurds thrown in there as well, could be difficult without redrawing the borders.

9. wil

wilkojohnson Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I too form my own opinion Mr reev, but, perhaps unlike yourself, I'm not influenced by the right wing, Murdoch led, media.

Oh and what makes you think I do what I am told? (perhaps the current mrs wilkojohnson aside)

10. 'thereev'

'thereev' Banned Idiot

Company Director
    Well i read it in the current bun so it must be reight

bomb the bast.rds

11. t'owd man

t'owd man Well-Known Member

Skivvy for r lass
    Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    This is disturbing, he's seen the interview and says JC said he does not believe in a shoot to kill policy, when quite clearly he didn't, he said he was not happy with a shoot to kill policy and then went on to qualify that statement, see below, now either this poster doesn't understand the English language spoken in a calm, considered, intelligent and thoughtful way or he is easily swayed by the media circus that wants knee jerk reactions to every aspect of life. Either way I despair.

" He said: “I’m not happy with the shoot-to-kill policy in general – I think that is quite dangerous and I think can often be counterproductive. I think you have to have security that prevents people firing off weapons, where they can. There are various degrees of doing things as we know … but the idea you end up with a war on the streets is not a good thing. Surely you have to work to try and prevent these things happening, that’s got to be the priority.”

12. wil

wilkojohnson Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It may well be disturbing, but the media have been manipulating what people say to suit their own ends. Get the same thing repeated over and over again and the masses won't or can't get it out of their heads - a bit like learning your times tables really.

In all seriousness people ought to stop and listen once in a while and not be so quick to jump on any bandwagon that does not suit the establishment's way of life. I like many people are not happy with a shoot to kill policy - it should only happen as a last resort.

13. t'owd man

t'owd man Well-Known Member

Skivvy for r lass
    Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    You're right Wilko, the older I get the more I despair, the hate and propensity for violence and war is endemic in this country and it is being fueled by an establishment biased media. The carnage in the middle east, going back to the war in Iraq, is very much like the carnage caused by the neo-liberal americans led by Milton Friedman in South America in the 50's 60's and 70's and it's been caused for the same reasons.

14. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If any of my family or friends were killed in a terrorist attack I would not want the terrorists to share the same air as me. Let alone been in some jail in England were my taxes are funding to feed clothe and wash them no thanks.

15. John Peachy

John Peachy Well-Known Member

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

this

16. Dragon Tyke

Dragon Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hell fire

now on that we agree .... that's a rare bird innit

:)

17. madmark62

madmark62 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You have not seen the whole interview then , if thats what you think he said !

18. Dr Zazlos

Dr Zazlos Banned Idiot

L&T Transport LGV/PCV Instructor
    I hate the Tory's but while Corbyn is in charge of the Labour party they will retain power for a very long time.

One can safely say he will NEVER be Prime Minster and the way things are going he might face a challenge from within his own ranks coming very soon.