José Morais appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Ironjaw94, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Said exactly the same

2. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I didn't. I said this "As much as I think McCarthy has been overlooked, I didn't want to see him on the right side of a front three. It rendered us impotent and if we were to concede we were never going to get another goal."

I also said:

"I don't rate his substitutions though."

"Yesterday, I thought subbing Moncur was a wasted substitution"

Because all I've done is write my opinion, my thoughts, my analysis.

You've written "He made exactly the right changes" as though it's a fact. It isn't, it's just your opinion. I don't happen to agree with it.

James98, Jimmy viz and Sopwith Camel like this.
  3. redarmychris

redarmychris Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You said Moncur hadn’t tired as if it was a fact.

Can you explain how you know that?

4. Sopwith Camel

Sopwith Camel Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Spot on mate..
    Amazed how many don't get that their opinion is just that.. an opinion and not an absolute. Its why a lot of the time I don't reply/read other posts after I post. I say my bit and leave it at that, agree or disagree I don't really care. I'm not going to be swayed either way by a contradicting post.

Just have your say and ill have mine... its a forum

JLWBigLil likes this.
  5. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

No offence but I tell you moncur and mowatt have never played on the wing before this season you tell me they have please prove this of games they played as a winger for Colchester or leeds. Haven't said what I would of done just pointed out he had options without playing moncur or mowatt on the wing.

Honestly just wish we would of re appointed Wilson then people could carry on making up excuse after excuse for our manager instead of having double standards of critsism.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  6. OxR

OxRed Well-Known Member

I don’t remember which game it was but Hecky lost my respect when he picked a team of “players who are good off the ball”. Completely defeatist.

7. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    In a normal year we would be bottom by about 10 points so equally adrift. We have done well to get so many points given how poor we are.

8. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley

Again, no I didn't.

This is what I wrote: "Yesterday, I thought subbing Moncur was a wasted substitution as he was actually having a good game for once, he hadn't tired, he was still effective and had just put one on a plate for Potts."

By prefacing the sentence with 'I thought' I'm informing anyone who can be arsed to read my ramblings that the following is just my opinion, what I think, not necessarily a fact. I go on to write why I believe that, but again, it doesn't make it a fact. It's an opinion I still hold, I don't believe Moncur was anywhere near as tired as Potts and Moore were later in the game (and a few others) and I believe it would have served us better to hold-off on making that particular substitution at that time. I thought we were on top and I thought Moncur was making a valuable contribution to that. But I certainly don't know for sure, we may have lost had we kept Moncur on.

9. redarmychris

redarmychris Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I’ve seen you state opinions as facts many times. Not sure why you felt the need to bring it up anyway. It was obvious it was an opinion.

10. Yor

YorkyTyke Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    More positive. He's playing three up top
    .what more do you want!!!!!

11. Red

Red CB Well-Known Member

retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

12. Red

Red CB Well-Known Member

retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree to a point but Rotherham went a full season & only got 23 points , none of the struggling sides can be compared to that but some on here were saying we are this years Rotherham before a ball was kicked & that is simply not true

Jimmy viz likes this.
  13. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I said Mowatt not Moncur. No issue with Moncur, he played there when we were short did a good job so got another game there, was poor in that so they changed the team around.

You’ve told me Mowatt’s never played on the wing before yet a simple google search of ‘Alex Mowatt winger’ brought up forum & twitter posts of Leeds fans talking about him been played out wide.

You’ve also made up that if any manager other than Hecky played someone out of position then I’d slate them when just 3 days ago I posted on here supporting Morais’ decision to move McBurnie up top & play McCarthy as a winger over playing Bradshaw.

I don’t know what relevance Danny Wilson has to this but you’re saying people make up excuses for him when you’ve just made two things up to have a dig at me.

14. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Ok mowatt has played there before not very often but he has. I don't think he has the attributes of a good winger.
    I never said you would slate them when the team sheet was announced lots of posters were jumping on his back thinking Potts was playing on the wing.
    Scowern and potts have plyed right back before but i wouldnt call them right backs. You think he was right to play mowatt moncur and Potts on the wing I don't and would of liked to see natural wingers given a chance over moncur and mowatt and I don't like to see Potts on the wing just my opinion which I'm entitled to as you are yours.

15. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You realise that because you “think” something it doesn’t make it a fact. What natural wingers would you have played with an injured Isgrove and an out of form Hammill as your only options?

16. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

When I said that's my opinion I never said it was a fact it's my opinion I would rather have wingers playing on the wing as opposed to mowatt moncur or Potts playing put of position. Your one who had pitchforks out when you thought jose was playing Potts on wing which hecky did several times double standards of critsism springs to mind

17. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You stated as a fact that neither Mowatt or Moncur had ever played as wingers.

When we had two wingers one of whom was injured which proper winger would you play?

Any manager or Head coach that plays Potts as a winger in the Championship is either desperate due to lack of cover or wrong. It was crap when Hecky does it if anyone else does it it will be crap.

Fonzie likes this.
  18. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It is a fact that moncur had never played as a winger before hecky chose to play him there. Mowatt has little attributes for a winger no pace can't beat a man and I'd love to know why hecky played him the against Bristol on the opening day and left hedges and hammill on the bench.