June 21st

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by judith charmers, Jun 6, 2021.

1. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

I never said anyone would ENJOY wearing a mask at the pub I was just quoting what has been said on this thread previously. I certainly don't although I see people so scared there wearing masks outdoors so I think even if restrictions are lifted some will still want to wear masks.

2. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    2 points there if anyone wants to continue wearing masks because they feel safer I have no problem with that. Id just advise proper PP3 ones not the cloth ones most of us are wearing
    As for wearing masks outdoors I do that if going between shops for example for me its better that continuously putting them on and off I think many others are the same. I never put a mask on outdoors unless I am going somewhere that requires one

BFC Dave likes this.
  3. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yup enjoying a continental bar experience definitely means that people support continuing restrictions. In the same way that anyone supporting ending them now wants people to die of Covid. Of course neither is true and only a contrarian trolling or an idiot would think so.

Everyone wants the restrictions to end as soon as possible.

thetykester likes this.
  4. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I wonder how many people have got to the point where they just don't give a fk anymore? That's pretty much where I'm at. I'm sick of the arguing, the 'data', the backtracking, the constant Tory lies, the insane decision making, the appalling chumocracy, but mostly, how so many people have just turned in on each other. This is what Tories do. Divide and conquer. And make a $hit load of cash for them and their mates along the way.

5. orsenkaht

orsenkaht Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They did it over brexit. It's clearly a successful tactic for them!

6. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Agreed you were quoting others. As for wearing masks outdoors I would currently do it if I'm in close proximity to a lot of people. I'll have my second jab within weeks and won't be bothered for myself so much but will continue to wear one where appropriate so that I don't risk infecting others who haven't yet been fully vaccinated.
    Going forward I would definitely consider continuing to wear masks on planes etc. Both me and my ex caught nasty bugs directly after a flight from Dubai where half the passengers were openly and very noticeably coughing and spluttering without covering their mouths.
    There are one or two on here that would call that being scared. Sensible would be my take on it. What really scares me is others' ignorance and disregard for anyone but themselves.

DannyWilsonLovechild likes this.
  7. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    obviously all of this.

8. thetykester

thetykester Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Like Mr Kaht says, who? if you name them & they agree it's a good thing then I will apologise to you & Jay, I am more than willing to eat humble pie.

Mmmmmmmmm.......Pie.

Donny-Red likes this.
  9. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Hopefully common sense will prevail with foreign holidays the government considering letting people who have had 2 vaccines skip quarantine on return from amber countries. With so many holidays getting canceled and people not wanting or able to quarantine cancelling themselves this would be very good for tourists and the travel industry

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/holiday-covid-vaccine-no-quarantine-amber-list-plans-b941064.html?amp

Redhelen and Donny-Red like this.
  10. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You're seeing the people who are using a mask how they are supposed to. It's advisable to leave it on if you are walking/driving from setting to setting. You shouldn't be constantly touching it and taking it on and off.

11. BarnsleyReds

BarnsleyReds Well-Known Member

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    It's amusing how the same people that complain masks don't work in a real world setting also ridicule those that wear them correctly.

12. thetykester

thetykester Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Correct.

Redhelen likes this.
  13. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

I've seen people riding bikes with masks on walking there dogs im not talking about walking from shop to shop. The chances of catching covid outdoors are slim to nil so we're told but anyway do as they please.

14. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Having spent the week at a couple of seaside resorts I think the number of people who don't give a fk anymore is extremely high. One pub had people queuing at the bar to order drinks then sitting at table near the bar so they could be "delivered" then people would just "move" tables.

Redhelen likes this.
  15. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    out of interest, what places were busiest?

Those who were lax about the rules or those that were more draconian?

Redhelen likes this.
  16. Redstone

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Hard to say as it's been fairly busy with the weather. We have tended to go back to the ones who have been lax about it as it just feels more relaxing. You can just tell most are just "enforicng" the rules because they have to.
    The only people I saw asked to leave were a group of 8 on the day of the England game. Though I think that was more to do with the horrible IRA songs they were singing in a pub with children in. The rule of 6 just a good excuse to get them out.
    We actually went to one pub the first night we were away and I forgot a mask (for the walk to the table) told the lady who was at the door and she just said "oh so you're exempt then"
    It's still not a great experience sat waiting in many pubs to get served and feeling trapped at your table but it's passable for a few drinks.

Redhelen likes this.
  17. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    certainly same with the pubs I have been in. the more draconian the rules the quieter they are.

People are making their own choices based on their perceived risks and acting accordingly.

Which is how it should be.

Once the little junta currently running the country look outside opinion polls they might actually realise that lockdowns are done regardless of the latest variant ( I have the Icelandic variant in a sweepstake) and people are living their lives more and more.

18. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

If we are told the chances of catching it outdoors are slim to nil i don't think you need to walk your dog or ride a push bike with one on but if you feel safer doing so please your self.

BFC Dave likes this.
  19. BarnsleyReds

BarnsleyReds Well-Known Member

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    But if moving from place to place it's far better to just leave it on rather than taking it off and putting it back on every time.

20. Redstone

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Personal preference I suppose, I find it a lot better to take it off immediately across the threshold of anywhere that requires one and only put on when necessary. Though I do admit shoving my cheap thin mask in my pocket over and over again and reusing it beyond its likely life is probably counter productive. The fact large numbers of people are doing the same further underlines how ineffective the mask mandate is.
    Again sat I pubs this week just seeing everyone either shove them in a trouser pocket or directly onto the table. Though in some pubs having it on in the toilets is a welcome reprive!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    nezbfc, BFC Dave, Redhelen and 2 others like this.