Just had a look at Piers Morgan's Twitter

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Hemsworth Tyke, Feb 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    top England run scorer. Only played big shots really when he was batting with tail.

Vaughans just said KP's the best player hes played with by a mile.

2. ryhilltyke

ryhilltyke Well-Known Member

Construction Worker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    And fielded in the deep, where he belongs.

3. BrunNer

BrunNer Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Did Vaughan play with him in the series just gone? It's unlike you to be harking back to a bygone age. All the best players are young, no?

Are you happy that Cook was the major influence in Pietersen's removal from the squad?

4. Whi

Whitey Guest

As editor of the Mirror, in 1996 Morgan was widely criticised and forced to apologise for the headline "Achtung! Surrender" a day before England metGermany in a semi-final of the Euro '96 football championships.[SUP][13] [/SUP][SUP]

In 2000, he was the subject of an investigation after Suzy Jagger wrote a story in The Daily Telegraph revealing that he had bought £20,000 worth of shares in the computer company Viglen soon before the Mirror 's "City Slickers" column tipped Viglen as a good buy.[SUP][14][/SUP] Morgan was found by thePress Complaints Commission to have breached the Code of Conduct on financial journalism, but kept his job. The "City Slickers" columnists, Anil Bhoyrul and James Hipwell, were both found to have committed further breaches of the Code, and were sacked before the inquiry. In 2004, further enquiry by the Department of Trade and Industry cleared Morgan from any charges.[SUP][15][/SUP] On 7 December 2005 Bhoyrul and Hipwell were convicted of conspiracy to breach the Financial Services Act. During the trial it emerged that Morgan had bought £67,000 worth of Viglen shares, emptying his bank account and investing under his wife's name too.[SUP][16]

[/SUP]
    Morgan was fired as Editor of the Daily Mirror on 14 May 2004 after authorising the newspaper's publication of photographs allegedly showing Iraqi prisoners being abused by British Army soldiers from the Queen's Lancashire Regiment.[SUP][17][/SUP] Within days the photographs were shown to be crude fakes.

[h=2]Phone hacking allegations[/h]Morgan is alleged to have close ties with the Rupert Murdoch family and defended them in the media against suggestions that they were more involved in the News International phone hacking scandal than they claimed.[SUP][68][/SUP]
    During Morgan's tenure as editor, the Daily Mirror was advised by Steven Nott that voicemail interception was possible by means of a standard PIN code. Despite staff initially expressing enthusiasm for the story it did not appear in the paper, although it did subsequently feature in a South Wales Argus article and on BBC Radio 5 Live in October 1999. On 18 July 2011 Nott was visited by officers of Operation Weeting.[SUP][69][/SUP]
    On 13 July 2011 the political blogger Paul Staines alleged that Morgan published a story while knowing it to have been obtained by phone hacking while editor of the Daily Mirror in 2002.[SUP][70][/SUP]
    Morgan described in a 2006 article he wrote for the Daily Mail how he had heard tapes of messages that Paul McCartney had left for his wife, Heather Mills, on her mobile phone. Morgan wrote that "Stories soon emerged that the marriage was in trouble – at one stage I was played a tape of a message Paul had left for Heather on her mobile phone. It was heartbreaking. The couple had clearly had a tiff, Heather had fled to India, and Paul was pleading with her to come back. He sounded lonely, miserable and desperate, and even sang "We Can Work It Out" into the answerphone."[SUP][71][/SUP] He came under criticism for his "boasting" about phone hacking from Conservative MP Louise Mensch, who has since apologised for these accusations.[SUP][72][/SUP]
    On 20 December 2011 Morgan was a witness by satellite link from the United States at the Leveson Inquiry.[SUP][73][/SUP] While he did "not believe to the best of my recollection" that phone hacking had occurred at the Mirror, he admitted to listening to the voice mail left by Paul McCartney for Heather Mills, but refused to "discuss where he was played that tape or who played it – it would compromise a source."[SUP][73][/SUP] Appearing as a witness at the same Inquiry on 9 February 2012, Mills was asked under oath if she had ever made a recording of Paul McCartney's phonecalls or answerphone messages and had ever played it to Piers Morgan or "anybody else", she replied: "Never".[SUP][74][/SUP] Mills told the inquiry that Morgan was "a man that has written nothing but awful things about me for years and would have relished telling the inquiry if I had played a personal voicemail message to him".[SUP][75][/SUP][SUP][76][/SUP]
    On 23 May 2012, the Newsnight presenter Jeremy Paxman was a witness at the Leveson Inquiry. He recalled a lunch with the Mirror editor in September 2002 at which Morgan outlined the means of hacking into a mobile phone.[SUP][77][/SUP]
    On 28 November 2012 the Channel 4 documentary Taking on the Tabloids, fronted by actor and phone-hacking victim Hugh Grant, showed footage from a 2003 interview with Morgan by the singer and phone-hacking victim Charlotte Church, during which he explained to her how to avoid anwserphone messages being listened to by journalists. He said: “You can access voicemails by typing in a number. Now, are you really telling me that journalists aren’t going to do that?"[SUP][78][/SUP][SUP][79][/SUP]
    The following day (29 November 2012) the official findings of the Leveson Inquiry were released, in which Lord Justice Leveson said Morgan's testimony under oath on phone hacking was "utterly unpersuasive. This was not, in any sense at all, a convincing answer" and "What it does, however, clearly prove is that he was aware that it was taking place in the press as a whole and that he was sufficiently unembarrassed by what was criminal behaviour that he was prepared to joke about it."[SUP][5][/SUP][SUP][80][/SUP]
    [/SUP]

5. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not sure what thats got to do with this Whitey

6. Cal

CalgaryTyke New Member

Home Page:
    Well said. That sums up my feeling on the matter precisely.

7. Jack Tatty

Jack Tatty Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Boycott once scored a hundred.

A hundred times.

8. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If you can listen to this cricket debate Calgary tyke then it's worth a listen.
    Somehow Piers Morgans listening to it in USA

9. BrunNer

BrunNer Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He's trying to explain to you that Piers Morgan, England's greatest ever test-batsman and sole Wisden author, may not be the authority on cricket you think he is.

10. Whi

Whitey Guest

Have you seen what he says about Barnsley and it's football club?

11. Cal

CalgaryTyke New Member

Home Page:
    No it's not. Decision made, it's time to move on. He was good in his day, but his negative attributes outweigh his positive ones now. Let it go, please.....

12. Jack Tatty

Jack Tatty Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Why have you removed your avatar Phil?

13. Whi

Whitey Guest

It's showing you what an unreliable, complete bellend Piers Morgan is. A truly shameful individual who I find it staggering has such a media profile after the criminal and nobbish behaviour he's participated in.

You do choose some very strange heroes, whilst knocking actual heroes. Bizarre, quite frankly.

If you were to just say that you rate KP highly as a cricketer and that it's a shame you won't see him play for England again, then fine. Nobody would bat an eyelid. But you can't handle/accept it and so you're fruitlessly grasping at any old straw you can.
    Now, if I were you, or Kevin Pietersen, one of the last people I'd want in my corner is that slimy leach Piers Morgan. Thundercnut of a man.

14. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    i think the point is, you seem to be trading piers morgan's view on cricket as gospel. because it happens to support your opinion. when the reality is that piers morgan is a truly despicable, unscrupulous human being, with barely a shred of ethical practice in his body. he has built his entire career on lies and malpractice. and here he is, preaching on the behaviours of individuals in the england squad. because it happens to concern his mate. well actually, because it happens to concern his mole inside the camp.

unfortunately, i now find myself disliking KP even more, through association with the vile snake that is piers morgan.

cuuuuuuuuuuuuuunt

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  15. only1kp

only1kp Well-Known Member

father of 3, best friends with jack daniels
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    or to put it another way, as many have already said, he is a lovely person

16. Whi

Whitey Guest

17. EastStander

EastStander Active Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Am I missing something here? You read Piers Morgan twitter? Aside from the fact you read it for comments on sports players which seems rather strange!

Next we read Jim Davidson's Twitter for views on Syria.

18. Whi

Whitey Guest

19. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's not just Piers views i'm looking at.
    Vaughan's opinions strong and a guy i really like, Steve Harmison. Really strong views. Good knowledge of cricket and knows KP so hes got to be listened to.

20. ryhilltyke

ryhilltyke Well-Known Member

Construction Worker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No you don't, you think they agree with your point so you're like a leech sucking the blood out of them while they say something you agree with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.