Last Hope

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Van Basten, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Van

Van Basten Member

Retired Fitter
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Another negative team selection makes relegation looking more than likely after a shocking first half display. It took 34 minutes before we managed a cross into the box and that went straight down the keepers throat..Since Xmas we have managed to score 6 league goals and 5 of these have been scored by defenders yet Bradshaw retains his position along with 2 defensive central midfielders. He should have joined Isgrove in the dugout after the break. His first touch is poor, he has no pace, plays off his heels and has no physical presence.

Each substitution improved the side, Thiam for Isgrove, Potts for Hammil and after Moore was brought on for Bradshaw we managed to score 2 minutes later. All 3 subs were involved in the disallowed goal, a header down from Moore to Potts and a tap in from Thiam which was disallowed for offside although the tackle on Potts looked like a penalty. Potts has his detractors but he is the only midfielder to have scored this year. The only win this year came when Bradshaw was on the bench and Potts and Thiam started.

It's time to start playing to our strengths with crosses into the box for McBurnie and Moore who have yet to start a game together, it may not be pretty but it's likely to produce more goals than the 6 in 9 games since Xmas. We need to win 8 of the remaining 14 games to reach 52 points, a big ask and if we carry on with the recent team selections impossible.

2. wak

wakeyred Well-Known Member

the clues in my imaginative online moniker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    great post, agree with everything.

3. onelove red

onelove red Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    agree not the time for pretty football its time for balls in to moore. for me id start with mamma moore and mcburnie
    isgrove not strong enough on the ball hammill to busy trying to get on soccer ams showboat

4. jagzz88

jagzz88 Well-Known Member

Construction
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Lost count of the amount of games teams have 2/3 shots on target against us and come away with 3 points. Get Mcburnie & Moore up tops and go more direct.

Seriously Question; When was the last game we had 2/3 shots on target and we're the poorer side and got 3 points?

Kettlewell and onelove red like this.
  5. onelove red

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    moore has to start at brum

6. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Great post
    The fight back has to start at Brum on Saturday then on to Hull . Get out of the bottom three is a must for psychological reasons imo

onelove red likes this.
  7. onemickybutler

onemickybutler Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We won't need anything like 52 points to stop up. I reckon 45 or 46 would be enough. Trouble is I can't see us even getting anywhere near 40.....

Redstone and John Peachy like this.
  8. onelove red

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    still a chance because other teams around us are just as bad , im not giving up yet ,think burton and sunderland are gonna go , are we worse than birmingham, hull, bolton ? still a lot to play for

9. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I've just said the same on another thread I struggle to see how we get to 40 at the minute.

10. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Points totals aside, which I think a lot lower will be needed, I agree with you.
    We have proven we don't have the quality to play through teams. I think the time has come to go direct. Now obviously most teams won't sit back like Burton did and just basically let us pump the ball into the box.
    But I still feel having potts Moore and McBurnie ok the pitch might give us a chance to score a few more goals than the current return.