Letwin would make a great MP for Barnsley

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by fatalbert, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Red

Red-Taff. Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Corbyn is slowly destroying my party, the Labour party.

2. Sco

Scoff Well-Known Member

The interface between business and technology
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The EU as an institution, or the member states?

3. Red

Red-Taff. Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    google <Europe and right wing nationalism a country by country guide....>

Whist Fascism and Nationalism are not the same thing Nationalism can be a very fertile ground for Fascism to develop as can be seen in some countries.
    The unusual thing about the whole Brexit issue is that very little is discussed about the actual political make-up of the EU and how things may develop in the future - for better or worse and how we as EU members will be affected.
    (because of this uncertainty and the influence of my older Czech born relatives I voted to leave.)

Germany, France and the UK are the big EU players at present but inevitably the 'Eastern' countries will become more important - with Putin's influence with President Orban of Hungary that could be interesting!

And is anyone keeping an eye on what Greece and Bulgaria are doing in response to the chaos in adjacent Turkey?

History lesson over!

4. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You clearly have your ears shut to the opposite side of the argument. Labour's version of Brexit includes a customs union for a kick off.

5. Sco

Scoff Well-Known Member

The interface between business and technology
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    In the recent local elections in Hungary, Orban lost both control of Budapest council and the election for Mayor of Budapest. This *might* be the first sign that he is losing his grip on the country (or it could be a blip).

We get what we vote for. England, by the extension the UK, will always get a Tory-led minority or Tory government. There is no way that Labour can take power again *ever* without either an SNP coalition or a coalition with other parties. The numbers are not there now, and will not be there tomorrow or the foreseeable future. The best chance of not returning a Tory majority is for Brexit to be so bad that it makes them toxic (like the potato famine did with the Whigs). If it is that bad, then every single person on this board will suffer the consequences...

6. Dar

Darfield138 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hi Scoff, I have previously studied the rise of fascism in Italy in the 1920s and wasnt aware of this, it post dates my interest by quite a long way. I did find some of it nebulous but interesting none the less. However, I would score Corbyn and momentum higher than Boris. BTW One thing you can't accuse Boris of is "condeming non-standard sexual behaviour".
    He seems to have made a lifestyle out of it and kept quiet about David "I'm gonna get me some head off a pig that's dead" Cameron. Heee Heee