Lindsay and davies

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by redrum, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Mul

MullerRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I've been a big fan of Lindsay's throughout his time with us, but there's no way on the planet I'd swap Mads for him now. Pinnock is a level above, so fair enough with him.

2. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What nonsense.

3. anstonred

anstonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I’m surprised Davies didn’t go out on loan in January. He left us to go to a “bigger” club, presumably for more money & to improve his international chances with Wales. Butland will always be picked before him because he’s better! Perhaps he expected Butland to be sold. Oh well, never mind

Redhelen likes this.
  4. Redhelen

Redhelen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think he probably did but Frederici got picked ahead of him too. Seems an odd way to put yourself in the international shop window to me.

5. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    A Football player will always put money before game time or club. Look at Doyle staying in league 2 because Bolton are being silly. Rob Green didn't join Chelsea for game time. Jack Rodwell didn't stay at Sunderland for so long because he was wanting to force his way in to the team. You can go back to the P Riddy days at Leeds where they couldn't get shut of Seth Johnson on 50k a week because nobody else would pay it so he'd rather sit on his jacksy. Or how Gary Kelly is seen as loyal for only ever playing for Leeds, but if he had left when they had money problems he'd have had to take a cut elsewhere. Even if we'd have guaranteed Adam Davies to play every game for us this season, he would have still rather have the season he's going through at Stoke because his bank balance is swelling more than playing for us would have done for it. Cash is before anything else with Football players because they use the short career excuse like when they retire they can't work for another 35 years doing something else.

Xerxes and Simon De Montforte like this.
  6. Nardiello

Nardiello Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    People are different from each other. Some would be happy with that move because of the money, some would want to get out for game time.

When players make the call to leave us for more money, they don't do so expecting to never play. They all fancy their chances at their new club, and that's why they always end up leaving. More money and playing.

BUT when players find themselves never playing, they usually move on after a year or two, or before the end of their contracts at least. Why? Because they're also interested in playing.

Obviously exceptions on both sides.

Redhelen likes this.