Looks like Luton might get a nice opening fixture...

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by BrunNer, Jun 2, 2020.

1. BrunNer

BrunNer Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  2. lk3

lk311 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Premier league have proposed Games only to be postponed if 10 players are affected and Championship to follow suit!!
    WTF, why would any EFL club vote for that, wouldn’t imagine any club is strong enough to handle 5 let alone 9.

Austiniho and TitusMagee like this.
  3. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    It's almost as if bringing together a load of people from all over the world to participate in a contact sport, while the rest of us do our best to socially distance, queuing two metres apart in supermarket car parks, not visiting our mum, isn't a sensible thing to do.

I genuinely cannot think of anything less important than finishing a football season. There just isn't anything. Yet all the advice to prevent the transmission of the virus will be flouted to do just that. And 20 minutes into the second game, a non-spectacle with no atmosphere holding zero interest, people will turn off, go back outside to play with the kids and no one will give a f#@k.

4. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I am fully behind finishing the season. It's the right thing to do for the sport.
    But I see absolutely no reason why that has to be rushed now. This whole thing won't have gone away in a few weeks so it's not like next season can start on time with fans as if nothings happened so that season should be pushed back too.

Complete this one when it's safe, no rushing. Then have a break and start next year.

5. Hooky feller

Hooky feller Well-Known Member

Retired, full time grandad.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    When do you start a fresh season. If you keep pushing it back to accomplish finishing this one. May take years to get back to normality if a 3 month break is still warranted. Still too many ifs and buts for me. Leading to chaos.

Redhelen likes this.
  6. Ton

Tonjytyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think they want to finish this season so they can quickly move on to counting next seasons money
    ££££££

7. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There are still too many unknowns. How long do we wait before next season becomes a farce? What are the implications to squads if we keep delaying completing this season? Finishing this season might be the right thing to do but if it is impractical to do then the sensible thing to do is scrap this season, reorganise and start the new season when safe to do so.

Redhelen likes this.
  8. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You start it when this one has been safely completed surely.
    Don't forget there is the possibility of altering next season if the want to.

Play teams once, randomly drawn similarly to how Scotland's second half works.
    No cups and no international breaks.
    Playoffs scrapped next season.
    Six week break instead of 3 months.

It's much easier to plan now for how to have a shorter season next year than it is to pretend that has to happen as normal and panick over the one that's 80% complete

BFC Dave and Tonjytyke like this.
  9. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I see what you're saying but how would scrapping this season stop next season being a farce?

10. Hooky feller

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It’s still all ifs and buts though ST. I don’t know what they have planned. They certainly ain’t gonna listen to the likes of me and you. The PL and EFL . Would have to pander to world and European bodies via the FA. And they call most of the shots irrespective of league football.

SuperTyke likes this.
  11. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Because the focus of the authorities and the clubs would be solely on starting the new season. We're in June and still have approximately a fifth of this season still to play so I just don't see the point in putting all this effort in to completing the season under the circumstances as they are right now. I just think the sensible thing to do is draw a line under this season and plan for a safe start to next season when fans can return. Obviously at this point we still don't know when this will be.

Hooky feller likes this.
  12. Hooky feller

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Sadly the PL and Championship appear hellbent on completing the season Mario. Common sense has gone out of the window. Bit like Boris’s handling of the crisis.

13. BFC Dave

BFC Dave Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    How about divisions in EFL split into two seperate mini divisions of 12 say North/ South or on previous year's rankings (1 3 5 7 etc in one pot and 2,4 6 8 etc in the other.

Play each other twice. Champions promoted, 2nd and third in each division playoff and the winners in both divisions go through to a playoff final. Relegate bottom team and the next bottom play each other for final relegation spot.

Could maintain cup competitions or at least FA cup.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020