Manchester City's Youtube channel

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Hemsworth Tyke, May 30, 2017.

1. Red

RedMonk Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    An arguably bigger club then Man City, Man Utd. Don't even have a YouTube Channel. Having one is not the be all and end all of running a football club. They do however spend a huge amount on a TV Channel which is not free to view.

2. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I talk about Youtube because it's for everyone to watch.

Barnsley players not good either. Let's not pretend anything different. But not everyone can watch that stuff.

3. Cod Eye

Cod Eye Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Player is used by the club as it can be easily monetized. Where as YouTube, it's dependant on the viewer watching at least 30 seconds of an ad for it to make money, and then it's a pittance per view( I've seen 63% of 8p per view would go to the club, and that's if they hit a certain threshold)...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. occ

occook Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Barnsley player is brilliant for a few quid a month!

Who, other than a few hundred Barnsley fans (and you) would watch a barnsley you tube professionally made channel?!

Why would I care what Jimmy Bullard had to say?

If the Man City you tube channel was working you would pack up watching Barnsley and go and watch them. Clearly not working as you aren't spending any money with them.

5. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't think everything should be about money and saying well people have to pay for it.

Somethings fine and I do think that the clubs got to get it right but the fact that such a big organisation who are owned by a Family that don't like people questioning them still will let the Chairman talk about how things have gone and hopefully will go direct to the fans isn't anything but good.

The way they are doing things at Manchester City and that groups impressive.

6. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's not about what he says. It's about bringing views to the channel. I watch all sorts of Football on youtube. I'm a Barnsley fan but will watch Arsenal fan TV and Manchester City's stuff. Other night I spend 30 minutes and watched some of the manchester United fan stuff.

7. Cod Eye

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Because Barnsley FC are a business, and with businesses everything is about making money.

If we have to spend money growing the fan Base, if rather spend on methods that have a track record of getting more bums on seats(don't ask me what they are though)...

8. occ

occook Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    And I'm sure you enjoyed it. How many of our fans would do that? I'd guess at a handful. Perhaps only yourself. I would rather stick razor blades in my eyes than watch arsenal or Man U fan TV.

Why don't you start a fans tv YouTube channel. Or apply for a job within our media team to advise on it. I'm sure if you could demonstrate how it would bring value to the club, with projections of running costs, revenue, viewing numbers etc, then they will take a look. They may even have done this themselves.

Exile and Wayne like this.
  9. nezbfc

nezbfc Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Isn't this a Deja vu. You asked the same thing about 2 years ago and got all the same responses.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SuperTyke likes this.
  10. Wayne

Wayne Well-Known Member

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Jimmy Bullard is paid by Sky to do that, anyway why would we want to interview someone who has nothing to do with Barnsley?

Either ya daft or one of your attention seeking missions again

SuperTyke likes this.
  11. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Who mentioned Interview Jimmy Bullard.

You play a game of somesort similar to what he did on Soccer AM. I know Manchester City like the ball out Penalties for example. Jack Walton in Goal, split goal into 5. Bit of Fun with him and Moncur, Ryan Kent would have been good for a views point of view or Armstrong who's good at Pens and would also be good for Views. Little forfeit. Bit of fun.

12. Cod Eye

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I know I keep saying it, but as fans we don't know lots of things that go off behind the scenes. For example, would Bullard be willing to do it for free? I know he's doing the Sky work as he lost **** loads on McIndoe's Ponzi scheme so need the money. He's got no affiliation at all with us, so what would he gain by doing it? Also, how would the insurance work for him? What if we were doing a "fun" game and he goes and breaks his leg, stopping him doing any more of his work for Sky? I'm sure Sky would cover him for the bit they filmed, but after that, who knows....

13. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'd be amazed if he didn't say yes. If you watched him in the Soccer Am video with Jamie Clapham and Moncur he was enjoying it.

14. Cod Eye

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    He was paid to enjoy it though... It wouldn't be an entertaining segment if he was moaning about.

For all I know, he WAS enjoying it, but we will never know...

15. Skryptic

Skryptic Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I reckon there'd be a lot of mileage in Hemsie Fan TV. Have a crack at it.

Redstar likes this.
  16. Andy Mac

Andy Mac Well-Known Member

IT
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    You're implying the UAE adds a bit of glamour to proceedings. Laughable to think we could want to, or need to provide an equivalent.

We are a club recently returned to the second tier. Our media team do a more than adequate job.

You do realise that if MCFC ever returned to the second tier, that luxuries such as a youtube channel would be amongst the first victims.

17. Andy Mac

Andy Mac Well-Known Member

IT
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    So Man City have built it up, it hasn't just happened? But Barnsley are slow at this sort of thing? So maybe we are slow because we are building it up ....... not just 'letting it happen'.

Your logic is flawed. Your support of the club, and anything it tries to do / doesn't do / does / fails to do / wants to do is terribly negative.

18. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm implying nothing of the sort. Someone asked how much does the video cost to make so I mentioned that it was in the UAE. For Barnsley why would it be in the UAE or any club outside that umbrella

You want to say I'm been negative to the club. Not at all, I'm mentioning ways they could and should improve in my opinion.

I say nothing on here about that area of the club that I wouldn't mention to the people that deal with this.

19. YTB

YTBFC Guest

Jimmy Bullard was a great lad. It was good watching Sky film that little piece last season. We weren't allowed to film him ourselves. We wearen't allowed to film any of it ourselves. It's a contractual obligation with Sky. I think posters have already explained as much to be honest.

That five minute piece took Sky 3 hours to film. That was three hours training time disrupted.

Man City have a squad of staff in charge of that YouTube channel of theirs.

Myself and my colleague are the media team at Oakwell. Full stop.

Thanks for your feedback though.

We aim to have a sit down with Gauthier in the coming weeks for iFollow.

Ta.

monkey tennis, pingiskola and Wayne like this.
  20. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Okay Andy.