Me n two lads £96

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Del Rosso, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Tyrone's bumps are on his skull where he has his lobotomy.

2. arabian_ian

arabian_ian Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Near £100 for a guy to take his kids to a game is just wrong. I doubt anyone can defend this rip off.

Having said that I have just paid £42 for the dubious privilage of attending the Sheff Derby next week.

Not happy and it will certainly just be a one off.

3. DusThaNoIII

DusThaNoIII Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Got to disagree on this one old mate. Score line flattered them a lot and until 3-0 there were times we played them off the park without the end product we need. Strong team and we will come good.

Connor likes this.
  4. loy

loyal tyke mb Active Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Gave away 2 poor goals missed 2 good chances Villa nothing special a poor day but with a new squad there has been enough encouragement recently for the most critical analyst . Move on to Tuesday.

Connor likes this.
  5. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I think going forward, McGeehan and Gardner will be our first choice pairing. The problem is finding the time to get them both fit and playing.

6. tobyornottoby

tobyornottoby Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The problems are individual errors and insufficient strength up front

7. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You can't take exception to a probably overly personal response if you say 'anyone who thinks we aren't relegation fodder needs their bumps feeling'.

That isn't an opinion flower. Saying we are relegation fodder might be an opinion, yes, but suggesting those that dont agree need their bumps feeling is not.

Calm down.

Unfortunately the inevitable big error by Jackson came, he's looked good at times but I never felt comfortable with him, always felt there was a miskick, rash tackle or general ruck in him. Davo culpable for the other two as well I'd say, he'd save the header nine times out of ten I reckon. He will make up for that with motm performances in the coming months.

Villa weren't special. We were a little toothless.

Pearson needs to either be dropped or shifted from left back, that's not his position. For me as solid as Jackson has been up to yesterday the pairing at the back should be MacDonald and Lindsey going forward too. Maybe harsh on Jackson, MacDonald wasn't great before his ban either.

Don't mind persisting with the 4-5-1/4-3-3 but The midfield three need to be right, Moncur was hugely ineffective yesterday, Potts tried but wasn't great. Williams was decent but he must get dizzy the amount of times he turns in circles in possession.

Bradshaw was starved and feeding off scraps.

I agree that if Hecky could find a midfield 2 he could trust he might go 4-4-2.

Connor likes this.
  8. Del Rosso

Del Rosso Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Again I have to disagree I don't think any Reds player came away from that game with any credit the front two possible escape any serious criticism because the midfield is so alarmingly poor as for the keeper all he needs to do is turn up at the ground and he's in the team there's obviously no one pushing him it cost me nearly a £100 just for tickets I think it's reasonable to expect seeing a team worthy of that price I genuinely feel robbed

9. Get

Getrammellon Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Get your hands in your pocket and treat your lads to some proper football. For an extra £62 you could be taking them to Hillsborough.

10. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You cannot, in all seriousness, expect a good performance just because you've paid a lot for the ticket. The only way to guarantee that is to go watch someone like Man City.
    What I do agree with, however, is the cost. To become bigger as a club the only way is to increase the fanbase. Occasional or prospective new fans are not going to buy a season ticket. The prospect of paying £96 would deter anyone.
    I really hope the new owners make some effort to make ticket prices attractive to occasional fans.
    I'd say another problem for new fans is seat allocation. If they come as a friend of a season ticket holder there's no way they can sit next to their mate.
    And finally, as someone who occasionally pays at the gate I always get allocated one of the worst seats in the stadium. In the East stand it's up in the top corner or in the Ponty down at the front. If I weren't a lifelong reds fan I'd think "sod that" if I knew I was going to be allocated one if the worst seats in the house.

11. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    Whilst I agree with you on the ticket pricing I think you are being over the top in your criticism. A few players who have been excellent in previous games all chose today to be below par. Davis the most obvious example. It's a young team and will have several more days like yesterday and several more good performances like Sunderland Preston and Derby. It's too soon to say with any confidence if we are going to be battling relegation or if we will be comfortable.

12. hav

havana red1 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We took 4 points from an aston villa team full of 'experienced internationals' last season: this has no relevance. We lost that is all, no excuses.

13. sadbrewer

sadbrewer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Bearing in mind we had 12 shots to their 8...61 -39% possession and 6 corners to their 1,
    I don't agree we were second best all over the park....Davies had a bad day at the office and they got a dodgy pen ( without debating the merits of it)...they only managed Snodgrass's 1 shot on target and went in at half time 2 up.

14. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You don't give Williams or Hammill any credit? They both had good games.