Medical Coercion

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by DEETEE, Apr 9, 2021.

?

I support medical coercion

Poll closed Apr 16, 2021.
  1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    45.7%
  2. No

19 vote(s)
    54.3%
  1. TitusMagee

TitusMagee Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No mate, its perfectly ok to scaremonger people who are anxious enough in the middle of a pandemic and then not hold your hands up and admit you got it wrong when it transpires you are wrong and it isn't quite like Nazi Germany after all.

The world has been a shitty place enough for the past year plus and the govt have a lot to answer for, but some of the hyperbole on here has been ridiculous.

DannyWilsonLovechild likes this.
  2. Tyk

Tyketical Masterstroke Well-Known Member

Dry buumer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You’re correct, it’s not the same. It’s simply the first step on the road there.

3. Don

Donny-Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    AFAIK the current guidance is travel after a negative test, no mention yet of vaccines.

4. Fon

Fonzie Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I must have been lucky today when I went for a couple of pints after work.

I didn't have my Vaccine Passport and still managed to get served despite not having had my first jab yet.

5. BarnsleyReds

BarnsleyReds Well-Known Member

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    That's an opinion, not fact.
    It's just scaremongering plain and simple. Do you still think we'll never see 10,000 people in Oakwell ever again?

Donny-Red likes this.
  6. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Isn't the current advice that you'll be fined 5,000 quid for travelling?

7. TitusMagee

TitusMagee Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Gestapo must've cocked up.

Redhelen likes this.
  8. Don

Donny-Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Only if you live here and try and leave the country, if you’re foreign you’re free to enter as you please, no one’s checking.

but my post was re the May 17th when travel opens up with a suggested international traffic light system. No mention of vaccine passports, but tests are required.
    • Green: arrivals will need to take a pre-departure test as well as a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test on or before day 2 of their arrival back into England - but will not need to quarantine on return (unless they receive a positive result) or take any additional tests, halving the cost of tests on their return from holiday
    • Amber: arrivals will need to quarantine for a period of 10 days and take a pre-departure test, and a PCRtest on day 2 and day 8 with the option for Test to Release on day 5 to end self-isolation early
    • Red: arrivals will be subject to restrictions currently in place for ‘red list’ countries which include a 10-day stay in a managed quarantine hotel, pre-departure testing and PCR testing on day 2 and 8

9. Tyk

Dry buumer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Of course it’s an opinion you melon, that’s the whole point of this board. Do you only ever post facts?

I find it ironic in the extreme that people who’ve agitated for the most hardcore of lockdown measures are now accusing others of scaremongering without even a hint of self awareness.

As for the 10k - well I certainly wouldn’t put much money on it happening next season. I really hope I’m wrong. Would you put money on it?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  10. BarnsleyReds

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    Of course I post opinions. I try not to post opinions framed as absolute facts though. You often post extreme scenarios with "This IS what is going to happen".

I think I probably would put money on it happening next season yes. I don't think it's guaranteed to happen, but I'd be surprised if it didn't.
    But that's not the question. For months you were claiming it would not happen again in your lifetime. Would you put money on that?

Donny-Red and TitusMagee like this.
  11. Tyk

Dry buumer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/poll.296359/page-2#post-2564899

You sure that’s how I framed it? ‘I’m not sure but I’m creeping towards no’ is me framing my opinion as a fact is it? Hardly an unequivocal assertion?

Ive not changed my opinion. I’m still creeping towards probably not, at least not for the next year. Would I put money on it never happening? No, probably not. As I say, I hope I’m wrong.

You don’t need to apologise.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    Loko the Tyke likes this.
  12. BarnsleyReds

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    I wasn’t talking about that particularly. Just in general. You often post about how this is just the start and that these restrictions are never going away.
    And not just you either. DB3K was posting regular BS like how bubbles were going to be scrapped, which never happened.

TitusMagee likes this.
  13. orsenkaht

orsenkaht Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Will the numbers be affected by our being in the Premier League?

14. Tyk

Dry buumer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    God it’s frustrating having a debate with you. You make an assertion about something, I waste five minutes of my life going back and proving you demonstrably wrong and you go ‘orrr, it’s just a general thing, and also someone else entirely does it’.

I'm going to start blaming you for using too many full stops when Young Nudger comes back. ;-)

15. BarnsleyReds

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    I mean I thought it was pretty clear that I was talking about general rather than that specific thing. I did think that was an example though so fair enough you have proved that one wrong and I misremembered. You did it on this very page though "It’s simply the first step on the road there". That's presented as a fact, is it not?

That last line made me laugh to be fair. I can be a bit overzealous with my punctuation, but it's normally commas rather than full stops so that's a nice change for me.

16. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    https://archive.is/nvGrw

Hospitality are putting pressure on Boris. He won't listen though even though he knows they are right.

17. orsenkaht

orsenkaht Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Could backfire though if he decides to postpone indoor opening because venues won't put in Covid-secure measures.

18. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  19. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Been busy my old bean. I did start a reply but something came up.

Having read this and the subsequent threads on the reopening of pubs. Some of the responses are unsurprising and are a little disheartening.

It would appear that the governments constant drum beating messages of fear are deep rooted with some. Not so much from dying but living.

Its interesting that you mention the mental health act. If you dont have the capacity to make an informed decision for treatment be it mental health issues, impairment due to addiction then you get assessed. From memory under mental health settings it requires two Drs and a certified mental health practitioner is required to make the call as to whether the treatment is then undertaken. Not a decision taken likely.

Outside of this its a risk to life and you are unable to make a decision as you are for example not conscious.

Its hardly a comparable example to the Governments sounding out removing your ability to make that informed choice by removing some or all of your freedoms should you choose to exercise it in a way that doesnt follow their narrative. Which is coercion.

How would you feel if, in future the Government decided to use the powers for treatment under the Mental Health Act to force people to be vaccinated?

What people keep forgetting about the vaccine is that it is only being used on emergency licensing, its still in its testing phase, its still experimental ( and if you have medical insurance its unlikely to cover you for any vaccine related issues) and the medium to long term side effects are unknown.

The short term effects have been noted previously by me and others on this thread from the "yellow card" reporting scheme and mocked. The comparisons between the contraceptive pill and are like apples and pears.

The Pill has years of research behind the side effects to the extent they can almost predict how the parties body will react and to 99% of those who do suffer make a recovery . The AZ vaccine has been around less than a year. no long term testing. There has been 79 AZ related blood clots after the first jab. 19 have died. Thats a 20% fatality rate. All but five of the fatalities are under the age of 50.

Lets not forget the number of people who died with Covid after both doses in the wave over January...

The risks from Covid are miniscule to me. No more or less than any of the other respiratory viruses in circulation. A virus that according Chris Witty is to most people nothing more than a mild illness. Certainly on a par or less than a vaccine with little history.

Not withstanding the vaccines only remit is that it prevents serious illness should you become infected. It may prevent transmission and infection. May doing a lot of heavy lifting as it varies from strain/vaccine/age/ Person who has done the research.

What it certainly wont do is eradicate this disease. Its a continually evolving virus.

And the obvious elephant in the room isnt getting spoken about. As Jay has touched on before with Covid Passports. That having a passport to show you have been vaccinated is the thin tip of the wedge. It will evolve into a full biosecurity pass.

Given the reputation that the Tories have at best for being generous with their honesty do you think that if they get their way with the Covid that itll be the end of the measures they try to introduce?

How long before they push for Eugenics? Isolating sections of society?

And one that really irks me is how a forum whose members if seeing a Tory MP on fire in the street would deliberately piss next to them rather than put it out has its seems when it comes to this pandemic (which I think is technically over in terms of the definition) accept anything the Government says as gospel and would let Boris **** their first born if it keeps them safe .

Remember, the easiest way to a totalitarian regime is through public health laws.

Talking of laws there is no legal requirement in the UK for any health care professional to be vaccinated. Or even be free of HIV.

Its guidance that in certain roles Hep B vaccines are required as part of the offer of employment and the trust would be covered legally there isnt a explicit requirement.

I suppose we could always encourage NHS staff to get the vaccine and hope it isnt another Pandermix scandal.

Nor is there any laws for children to be tested twice a week and spend all day in a mask. Thats been gentle persuasion from the Government in the form of grants as these measures were put in place to stifle union whinging. Both masks and testing are classed as medical interventions. Theres no evidence that supports either being anything other than a gesture. I suspect DFE is next up in court.

Brazil got a mention as well. What the **** a nation with a batshit crazy president massive abject poverty and cramped living conditions in the favelas plus a knackered healthcare system with a comparable deaths per million figure to some of the countries in the world with stricter lockdown downs and better healthcare got to do with the UK?

Anyway, Ive got to go dash. Ive quarantined my shopping for a week before soaking it in the bath in a dettol solution. Just in case the Asda man has left some Covid on my Kumquats. You can never be too careful. Getting Covid from a surface is almost as likely as being killed in a car crash.

20. Fon

Fonzie Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    And they say the 'Lockdown Fanatics' love to scaremonger....