Millwall Offer

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by pontyender, Mar 15, 2018.

1. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I find if difficult to be pleased about something that i have problems taking advantage of.

2. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    My main issue with it is that it’s a faff as if you don’t have an empty seat next to you it also involves having to move seats but they can’t do anything about that. Tbf to Ponty, I get what he means as I don’t know any Barnsley fans never mind season ticket holders (except for myself) so although I would have been interested in this prior to getting my ST, I couldn’t have used it like I could have done if it was just simply tickets for a fiver. I think there is more chance of converting someone to be a more regular attender though if they are going along with mates who are regulars as they may enjoy the whole experience of the match day together, not just the match itself.

3. MappRed

MappRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Isn’t it also a thank you to season ticket holders for shelling out a considerable amount in advance by saying bring a friend for £5? That’s certainly how I’ve read it and how I’ve read the Leeds freebie.

Red CB, JamDrop and Conan Troutman like this.
  4. robert.hall.545849

robert.hall.545849 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I’m happy to get you a ticket if you promise to stop fooking moaning . Just a thought like

5. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Good point, that makes sense.

6. pon

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think most of our offers are unnecessarily restrictive. When we do a "Two for the price of one" deal it's usually a Tuesday and a Saturday game. This excludes BOTH those who can't get to midweek games AND those who can't get to weekend games. The Flexi-Ticket was only put on sale for six weeks this season during October/November as well and wasn't available for people to buy at Christmas.

7. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    For fcuks sake what do you want them to do?

They are quite clearly trying to attract more supporters long term. If they make it a fiver each across the board, there’ll be folk turn up just as a one off, whereas if some come with regular attending mates, they might want to come regularly themselves. It’s not flaming difficult to puzzle out.

If they made it a blanket fiver across the board they’d also have to sell to Millwall at that price - given they’ve allegedly sold over a thousand tickets that’d be like setting fire to twenty grand. That would mean extra to pay the matchday staff and policing out of other funds.

You’ve had two people offer to get you a ticket - at least - and you’re still ******* whinging.

Get one, don’t get one. I’ll criticise the club for signing dross, or nobody, I’ll criticise when they do nothing, but criticising a ticket incentive to attract new blood? Behave.

8. Barnsley Loyal

Barnsley Loyal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If you want a ticket meet me at oakwell tomorrow and I’ll get you one pal

Alternatively Saturday morning about 10:45

I honestly don’t mind

9. MappRed

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    As stated above, unfortunately the club can’t cater to everyone’s individual needs and desires.

As you’ve insinuated above, there will always be people who can’t attend fixtures on a particular day. The ST holder who sits next to me in the West lives in Cambridge and rarely attends midweek matches but it simply can’t be helped. It simply wouldn’t make business sense for the club to open up a two for one offer for any two matches of someone’s choosing.

I’d suggest raising legitimate concerns or ideas direct with the club or with the Supporters Trust who can flag the same. That’s probably the best way of bringing about a change in practice or at least bringing perceived injustice to the attention of the club.

10. pon

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The obvious solution with a "Two for the price of one" deal is to make each game half price instead. That way both the midweek and weekend people get a stab at it.

11. MappRed

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    But that’s not the same as it doesn’t guarantee attendance for two matches as some would simply go to one which defeats the object.

Farnham_Red likes this.
  12. Red

Red CB Well-Known Member

retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It is always the same, whenever the club do any kind of offers , they seem to take stick , I think the best way forward would be to make no offers at all in the future , try & make season tickets & match day tickets as reasonable as they can, because it appears no matter what they try they cannot win

13. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    Usually when a 2 for one deal like that is done its an attempt to boost the gate at both games so to get people who might have only gone to 1 to go to both. If you make both half price they will only go to the one game so its not a sensible solution. to extend your logic why not make all games £13 then season ticket holders like me who cant do evening games either dont lose out for games they cant get to as they just but the games they want

14. MappRed

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I’d go slightly further as well in that the hope is that someone who goes to two games albeit for the price of one could be tempted back again and even if they aren’t then the increased footfall could have an impact on sales in terms of merchandise and food/drink etc over both games.

15. pon

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There isn't a high take-up of offers and I'm explaining some of the reasons why. Most people don't get a season ticket because they are either midweek only or weekend only supporters. Those people can't make use of a Tuesday/Saturday 2-for-1 offer. Earlier in this thread I pointed out why 'Bring a friend' doesn't work for many either.

16. plu

plug Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Are the club only doing this offer for home supporters only

17. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    Yes Millwall ST holders cant bring a friend for a fiver all their tickets are " Tickets are priced at £23 adults, £16 over 65s, £16 17-21, £10 under 17s and £5 under 12s."
    Same price for ST holders and Members - Millwall away tickets are never on general sale

plug likes this.
  18. plu

plug Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Cheers

19. pon

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Those that have felt the need to get arsy, need to take a long look at themselves. It's just a debate about why offers don't work for a lot of people.

20. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You created the thread to whinge. Not debate.

Nothing wrong with that. I whinged about the snowed off game. But I didn’t try to pass it off that I was just debating. You are clearly moaning because some of the offers don’t suit your agenda.

In terms of long looks I’d start looking a bit closer to home.