Minority Report v QPR

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Red Rain, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Red

Red Rain Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Re: Scowen and Hourihane

Does he say that my analysis is always accurate and on the money?

2. Lew

Lewis Member

Home Page:

Right so I need to make friends with a friend, sounds simple. :( I love the bloke I wish he would just read this and click accept.

3. redarmychris

redarmychris Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Definitely not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Red

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Does he say that I am a really nice bloke?

5. redarmychris

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

No.

6. Mr C

Mr C Well-Known Member

Saving the world.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

249146_10153632143703585_6681313914603319874_n.jpg
    And possibly less so with you...:)

7. Red

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

I give in then, but I'm sure that it will be something nice.

8. Exi

Exile Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley

.......and scored with a header from inside the box at Ipswich and brought a fine save out of Derby's keeper from just outside the box and had a superb goalbound volley from an advanced position headed away by Onuoha against QPR. Not to mention the numerous tackles he's won in the opposition half in all the games and sweeping moves he's driven on in all three games.

Oh and remind me where on the pitch it was that he won the free kick for the goal last night!

Suggest you try carrots instead of pop corn :)

9. redarmychris

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

You've just directly quoted him.

10. Red

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Why? Are you a rabbit?

11. Lew

Lewis Member

Home Page:

I'm with you on this point about Conor but weren't it Hammill who did like scissor volley that got cleared by Onuoha? I could be wrong though.

12. Prince of Risborough

Prince of Risborough Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

It was a superb effort from Hammill who sorted of changed feet mid air and sent the ball goal wards

13. juttyp

juttyp Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Conor's was saved

14. Exi

Exile Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley

Yes, it was. Too much popcorn has addled my memory.

15. Lew

Lewis Member

Home Page:

I thought I was going mad too, all these shots and goals mate eh?

16. Mr C

Mr C Well-Known Member

Saving the world.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Squirrrrrmm.. :D

17. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Who won the free kick that he then scored? Quite a bit of influential play right there.

The corner came from a great bit of attacking play involving Hammill, White and Kent. Keeper saved Kents shot, we scored from the corner.

No idea why I've bothered responding like

18. 55&counting

55&counting Well-Known Member

Avid Vic & Bob fan.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Red Rain
    I'm totally astonished by your post. What doesn't astonish me is the reaction to it. You may or may not know/remember but I am an avid reader of your opinion, some of which I agree with some of which i disagree with. Your latest submission is quite unbelievable. Like you I am a supporter of 50 plus years (55 actually). Like you I can contextualise by comparing the "then" and the "now". Like you I'm with this for the duration;. as was my dad and my Grandad before him.Like you I always try and be objective. Unlike you I do let my emotions run away with me and (apparently) unlike you I am a glass half full type. Like you I try and be, and have been, patient over the years and will continue to be so. I will not demand the managers head on plate if we lose 10 games on the trot.

I feel I have to respond to your points on last night, which I consider to be way off beam. As you say to others on here, you can choose to ignore what I say. I hope not, because hopefully it might help you to see things differently and not come to a conclusion that others are wrong because they disagree with you....and please don't tell me I'm missing the point because i don't think I am.

1. Why would you not have the courage to most anything on here? A Bizarre way to start......

2. For you to declare that we played formula football in the first half is ill founded. 11 players doing exactly what they were told by the Coach?. Baloney. Hammills flicks, Kent's flicks, Aidy White on a diagonal run from the edge of his own 18 yarder, across the half way line to the edge of the opposition's 18 harder are just three examples of our players NOT doing exactly what they were told to do by the coach. No coach in their right mind would encourage his full back to take such a risk and expose the team should he lose the ball.

3. We certainly did lead early from a set piece...but that wasn't just it. as others have tried to point out to you we also put together 35 minutes of scintillating football during that half. One move which others have referenced which you appear not to have seen involved fast one touch football with passing and movement at high intensity which left the QPR players reeling. I know my football (but don't know much about owt else) and I know that what we saw in that first half was free flowing, attacking, high pressing and top quality football against a team who were shell shocked by the intensity of our approach. The opposition couldn't cope. what is more is that it was thoroughly entertaining.

4. "In our last third, the players are not allowed to play football. They are merely instructed to get distance on every clearance, and the central defenders do so with both head and feet. There is little attempt to find a player ahead of them, and indeed there are very few players ahead of them because midfield is so deep"
    I got there early last night and watched the defenders warming up. i observed the coach undertaking long and short passing movements with Robbo and Alfie - in particular the diagonal ball to feet. For such a keen analyst of the way we play, i'm surprised you've not noticed the number of times those two play that forward diagonal ball to the feet of, either the strikers or the advanced (yes advanced) midfield players. Look out for it next time you go. They introduced it last season during Johnson's time and have been using it ever since. If it goes to one of the striker's who is coming deep it's laid off to one of the central, either advancing or sitting, midfielders - who in turn look to the overlapping full back or winger.
    It's probably also worth your while counting the number of long balls Robbo and Alfie play and how many of them actually find a man. You'll be surprised. Rather than the hoof ball you are suggesting dominates our game, I think you'll find that we mix it up. Long and short. Claiming that they are "merely instructed to get distance on every clearance" really makes me wonder how closely you actually watch what happens. Really. Mawson's long range passing, with both feet, is well above average for a CB.

5. Re Bradshaw - rather harsh for you to condemn him as a poor buy after just three league games. His work rate is good and he's trying to fit into the method. He will score goals for us - in this formation, but he needs the right service. That will come once he's tuned in to us and we're tuned into him.

6. Josh and Conor were not standing on the toes of the CBs in the way you have exaggerated. Again, may be you weren't watching, but Josh in particular against Derby made several good runs forward only to fail or fall on the edge of the opposition box.

7. Some of your opinion is the stuff of high comedy:
    "But he (Bradshaw) is not the only one who does not look like they are enjoying things"
    I'd love to ask each of the lads who played last night whether they agree with you. Goodness me - any BFC player who didn't enjoy last night didn't ought to be playing the game. Astonishing comment by you.
    Conor not enjoying himself?! He's playing the best football of his life. he must be knocking on the door of his national side. He is proving to be an inspirational captain and he's scoring goals and making assists. Please let me know what's there not to enjoy?. Serious question.

8.Josh and Conor - they play a disciplined CM role and get fwd when the opportunity arises. Where was CH when he was foulled last night to win the free kick from which he scored? If they do sit deep it's to pick up the short ball from one of the CBs (remember them? - the guys who are just instructed to hoof it forward to get distance)

9. CH played a number of killer passes last night whether in the sitting position or advancing with the attack.

10. We had no chances after the first goal? Really? Kent's shot? Does that count?

11. "The way that we played is designed to take the sting out of the game, which it did, along with all the entertainment. It is deep defensive football designed to hold on to a lead rather than entertain."
    Wow and wow again. From minute one we went for the oppositions throats. High pressing high intensity attacking football - with purpose and intent. if you didn't latch onto that then I'm afraid that your powers of analytical observation and comment aren't as good as I believed them to be.

12. As others have said, bringing on Sessi allowed us to move to 451 with Josh pushed further forward. Rather than assuming PH was playing for a draw at this time, why not take the view that in fact he was bolstering midfield to combat their threat but also releasing Josh to take advantage of any lay offs and knock backs fro Payne?

13. "There was nothing off the cuff, nothing made up on the spot." - with players like Hamill, Kent and Hourihane in that team last night, can you seriously continue with that view??

I'm tired. No popcorn for me tonight. You've clearly touched a nerve with many on here. Including me.

19. Cun

Cunning Stunt Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark

This = 100% spot on
    OP = talkin ballax

20. icer

icer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I've stopped reading these minority reports as every one I read last season was so out of sync with what I watched I put the posters threads down to being wind ups. Minority of One.