Missed Potts and Dougal

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by fitzytyke2, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I think we missed Potts. Especially first half, what he has been great at so far is moving the game 20 yards up the pitch. He always looks to go forward, often he runs forward with the ball and loses it but we are then on the front foot trying to win it back in the oppostions half rather than our own. He has a lot of faults no doubt but I think he offers something non of our other midfielders do.

2. Tykeored

Tykeored Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Think we missed a trick yesterday by not bringing on Jared Bird for Thiam for the last ten minutes and possibly Isgrove for Moncur and ‘managed’ it out to the final whistle
    On the bright side we could and should have comfortably beaten the best side we’ve played so far and this with three key players missing

It wouldn’t surprise me if we let Moncur go at the end of the season and I would let Thiam go in January if we can get a bob or two for him. Both these two will struggle for game time when yesterday’s absentees plus Woodrow are back. McGeehan remains a conundrum but I wouldn’t write him off just yet

Finally a word of praise for the recruitment team who seem to have got their act together with the likes of Dougal and Bahre. If Woodrow meets expectations then it will mark a significant improvement over the previous year or so. For once I’m actually looking forward to the next transfer window

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  3. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Kenny Dougal looks like a really, really good buy. Every time I've watched him I've been impressed.

4. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I thought Bahre did the same though. He seemed to link well on the right hand side. I think if Dougall’s available we win yesterday

5. Redstone

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Bahre did very well for 25 mins in the 2nd half. Never really got going first half, the whole team were the same though. Agree on Dougall massive loss.

6. Tykeored

Tykeored Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Pleased for Dougal getting international recognition but a bit galling that we lost his services when Australia didn’t even have a game. Davies made it to the bench though when Ithink he was only third choice for Wales on previous call ups

7. Redstone

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I bet Dougall had mixed feelings about it with no game.

8. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I hadn't realised that. We shouldn't have had to do without the services of a key player just for a training camp.