Mixed feelings

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Tilertoes, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Til

Tilertoes Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I want the very best for the club I love and that means playing at the highest level possible and being ambitious. I’ve really enjoyed match days this season both home and away where I’ve had value for money with entertaining football at a half decent price.
    This however changes if we get promoted as no matter how well we do, I will not be paying more than £25 a ticket for an away game out of principle and pocket damage and so my scope for watching my team will be halved.

Googs likes this.
  2. Bak

Baka Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yeah.

This season I've done more games than ever before.

It's a combination of personal circumstances and cheap tickets - but the cheap tickets definitely attract me.

Championship fans get hit hard. It cost more last season to watch us at Hillsborough (and most other places) than to watch any Premier League game as an away fan.

3. Jam

Jamo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I completely agree.

I value Championship wins more than I do League 1 wins home and away, with a few exceptions. But it's so much more expensive and there's a bigger risk of coming away unhappy - I get that for many the result has little bearing on the day as it's a chance to get pissed up and see friends, but the result plays a big part for me whatever else happens. And if you spent 30+ quid it's even harder to take.