New McD’s

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by dayglored, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    [QUOTE="dayglored, post: 2232113, member: 118376" I would think it’s hard to remain enthusiastic on that rate of pay especially for young ‘uns.[/QUOTE]

It's a myth that McDonald's pay poor wages.
    McDonald's tankersley are currently advertising for general 'crew members'. Here's how the job compares with the national minimum wage.

Age 16-17 - min wage £4.20 MCDonalds £5.50
    Age 18-20 min wage £5.90 mcdonalds £6.50
    Age 21-24 min wage £7.38 McDonald's £7.95
    Age 25 + min wage £7.83 McDonald's £8

Every job above the minimum wage which in this economic climate is virtually unheard of for an unskilled job.

2. PLOBBY

PLOBBY Well-Known Member

keep yer nose out
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Are you related to George Spicer ? Rabbit ? if it wor any good they'd sell it at Aldi .

3. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Haha, not that i'm aware. Bit of rabbit or hare... lovely, especially slowly cooked into a ragu for some fresh home made pasta.... lovely.

PLOBBY likes this.
  4. PLOBBY

PLOBBY Well-Known Member

keep yer nose out
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    A thought tha didn't eat bloody pasta ?
    I had Rabbit once it's devils food . Saying that I've sampled some odd stuff in my time , tripe and elder , now that's a food that looks like it tastes , chuffin hell crap .

5. Jul

Julian Broddle's Perm Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Quite right, my just turned 17 year old daughter being one of them.
    Even sacrificed her season ticket so she can earn money to pay for her own driving lessons rather than tap off the bank of a Dad.

It is true to say that the bulk of the staff are young, new and in training, and the training entails covering most aspects of the job - counter, kitchen, drive through etc.

Folk do complain and the staff strive to rectify these. But in the main, they're just kids learning a decent work ethic, usually juggled with a busy college schedule, before even becoming adults.

That said, give me a roast beef dinner any day over fast food.

PLOBBY and Hicksy like this.
  6. Dan

Style:
    Barnsley
    I love Pasta... its just pretty much always overcooked in most restaurants and rarely fresh, and as soon as you overcook it, the sauce won't hold and its pretty grim. There is a little Sicilian restaurant just round the corner from me and that's always done well, but I tend to go there in Autumn when they seem to have more Boar... seriously good though, but its tiny, only has about 7 tables.

7. PLOBBY

PLOBBY Well-Known Member

keep yer nose out
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    When I go to Pinocchio I ask Leo to do my pasta slightly under then the sauce can stick to it . He looks at me with his eyes getting closer together , he grows from 5'4" to 5'5" ,then a ten second eye to eye stand off results in me sitting down with my head slightly bowed . Wine is good tho ' .

8. Dan

Style:
    Barnsley
    My mum used to rave about Pinocchios and god knows how many years ago she took me for my birthday, my only visit. I recall it vividly. I had a soup that must've been from a Heinz tin (if I was lucky)… then the pasta dish had the exact same "sauce" on it. It was dreadful. Real shame because my mum assured me back in the day it was good. Tried the one up near the library (old one) a good while back… Romanos was it? That was ok, but not great. I love italian osterias, homely, keen to impress, fabulous fresh food, often a bit of Italian kitsch... such a pity that so many change the way they cook food to cater for a UK taste. But that's not just Italians to be fair. Just more of a crying shame as their food is just so stunning and varied.

9. PLOBBY

PLOBBY Well-Known Member

keep yer nose out
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The word 'Authentic' should be removed from all restaurants .
    Going back to Pinnoccios , it is what it is , it's a great end to my match day Saturday . Leo is a proper passionate Red n'all , so my match day ends with a few olives and a bit of tough old pasta but with decent wine .That'll do for me .

Austiniho likes this.
  10. Dan

Style:
    Barnsley
    Just deal with the tough pasta in Mr Bean fashion... the rest will sort you out win lose or draw ;-)

PLOBBY likes this.
  11. dayglored

dayglored Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)