Now he’s postponed businesses reopening

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Tyketical Masterstroke, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Loko the Tyke

Loko the Tyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Costco in Leeds won’t let you in without one and everyone had one on in Morrison’s Knottingley. Assumed it would be like that everywhere

TitusMagee likes this.
  2. sadbrewer

sadbrewer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Doris...the poor old pensioner has been stuck indoors since mid March, seeing no f***er apart from her son who is doing her shopping and help keeping her alive...poor old Doris has had nothing but her TV and the Sudoku books I get for her....she doesn't complain because she's old school. My mother is not called Doris, but she is one of those persons you seem to be referring to.
    Your comment is wrong , if you were better informed I would consider it deliberately offensive.

3. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I don't know if he's wearing a mask or not, but he was just making a valid point about it actually being unenforceable.
    Think you need to relax, you keep posting like this about it. Genuinely I don't think it is any good for you to be so angry about stuff people post on here.

4. Fon

Fonzie Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He is though - you can also add racist to the description.

I still can't believe he's not banned following his numerous racist post the other month - can only assume that admin is compliant and happy with it.

5. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You are very angry these days. Is it acute roid rage now the gym is back open?

Whether I wear a mask dont wear a mask is utterly irrelevant to that post.

The imposed restrictions have absolutely nothing to do with what I have done will do or intend to do nor are they really required at this juncture.

Nor it would seem do they do anything to prevent the spread of a virus.
    Take California - mandatory masks from June. Still hasnt peaked.
    New Mexico - since May. Still rising
    Belgium - over a month of mask wearing still rising.
    Hong Kong - They love a mask. A massive second spike.

Sweden - No masks sensible policies about how to live around Corona. Cases consistently falling.

Belarus- Fought Corona with Vodka and Saunas.

The other Nordic Countries - i dont recall those countries wearing a mask either.

The Government has blundered their way through this pandemic and implemented the right measures at the wrong times with very little media pressure or public scrutiny.

I cannot make my mind up whether getting people to wear masks is a massive group think placebo to try and drive economic foot traffic or they are seeing how far they can push people with this falsly inflated sense of fear.

Whats next, having to wear swimming goggles down the Pub because you can get infected via your eyes?

A pair of gloves every time you go into and out of a shop?

You have been a perpetual bed wetter since the pandemic broke.

Perhaps instead of shitting yourself everytime someone releases a daily new cases figure have a coffee and have a look beyond the headlines.

Its a virus. It will spread through the same types of area regardless if its the UK or France.

Poor quality cramped housing with several families/generations under one roof.

Doesnt matter if they are South Asian - Blackburn
    Slave Labour - Leicester
    Eastern European - Barnsley.

Did you know there has been less than 2000 confirmed cases in Barnsley?

Its not even 1% of the Boroughs population.

500 new cases the other day. In a country with an official population of 65m (unofficially its closer to 90m based on historic marketing/sales data).

There is statisitically a greater chance at this moment in time you dying in car crash than getting the 'Rona in Barnsley.

What you going to do if you see someone down Asda without a mask? Have a tantrum at them? Demand to know why?
    What are you going to do when they politely tell you to **** off? Manhandle them? Take a swing?

The biggest illness in the UK since March isnt a viral pandemic. Its mental health.

Living in fear (which is what far too many people are doing) is going to **** more people over than this virus ever will.

6. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    It's incredible how some people on here who are otherwise very intelligent, make utterly stupid comments coloured by their political ideologies.

A prime example -the title of the Thread . whilst technically correct, is utter ****** in that, it is the Pandemic, and many peoples' inability to use common sense and take sensible precautions that has led to the spike and clamp down that forced the Governments hand.

It is not, as some 'idiot' (and I have chosen my insult carefully), motivated by racist intent in that timing and location of the new restrictions is targeting eid and the Muslim community . That conclusion is breathtaking stupidity and unfounded.

I despair of the small number on this BB who are so blinded by hatred of the Govt they abandon all reasoned thought. If, for one minute they did a bit of research they would find almost every country has similar groups of people highly critical of their leader's handling of the Pandemic. UK's handling has been better than some, and worse than others but ALL countries have been stumbling round in the dark and making mistakes whilst trying to find the answers.

RedStriker and Trickster Two Six like this.
  7. ark

ark104 (v2) Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Whilst I wouldn't have made the point in that way, and I can't even begin to imagine how hard shielding must be, and having being in charge of getting local support to those who were shielding at the start of this... I can't get my head round why it is being lifted. It was brought in because those people had a very good chance of dying from COVID_19. To protect them.

What's changed? They're still as vulnerable as before, and until there is a vaccine COVID_19 isn't going to disappear. I absolutely support the personal choice of those shielding to choose not, but I don't understand for one second the government's guidance changing.

8. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12284558/unsurprising-boris-johnson-lockdown-easing-over-react/

They are right. Lockdown was to flatten the curve. The curve has been flattened and we have more restrictions then back in April when we had days where a person died from Covid every minute. Only a vaccine is going to eliminate cases. Deaths and numbers in hospital are getting lower. More things need to be opened up. I am more worried about the control freaks in charge taking away our freedom than I am of the virus.

BFC Dave likes this.
  9. BFC Dave

BFC Dave Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    How will the mask policy work in cinemas? General areas, definitely. In the screens where distancing measures are in place and movement is restricted? Finally, when folk are eating nachos, popcorn etc?

I’m going to Cineworld on Monday, the rules don’t change until 8th. I’ll wear in the public spaces. After that I’m not sure.

I wish they’d just stop making policy announcements without the details.

10. dreamboy3000

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  11. Redstone

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Went to Argos yesterday, I won't be bothering with that again anytime soon either.
    Had to queue to get to the door.
    Then stand on a mark to quizzed on what you had come to collect.
    Then go queue to get to the counter.
    The usual wait for it to come.
    Then another queue to get out as it was one out in between the people coming to be questioned in the doorway.
    Of course if you want some freezer stuff you can just walk straight into Iceland next door.

I'll wait the extra day and let Amazon bring things to me I think.

BFC Dave likes this.
  12. BarnsleyReds

BarnsleyReds Well-Known Member

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    For weeks he’s been posting about flaunting lockdown measures, telling people to go on holiday and ignore quarantine measures, telling people not to wear masks and get on with their lives as if nothing is happening.

I’m fed up of it and I’m going to call him out on it. It’s people like him that are the reason we had to lockdown in the first place, because they can’t be trusted to act rationally and with even a morsel of care for anybody else.

I’m not angry. I’m calling someone out on dangerous behaviour that puts the community at risk.

DannyWilsonLovechild likes this.
  13. dek

dekparker Well-Known Member

HGV Driver
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    i own a village convenience store SB and the vast majority of customers are obeying the restrictions and rules particularly the wearing of face masks

14. BarnsleyReds

BarnsleyReds Well-Known Member

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    Argos do same day delivery.

DannyWilsonLovechild likes this.
  15. Redstone

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    The post you replied to he didn't do any of those things, that's all I was going off. If you have a deeper problem then I don't want to get into that.

Let's hope these restrictions are just a cautious approach. Currently we aren't seekng a increase in hospital deaths or even hospitalisations.

16. Redstone

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I liked Argos because I could just go get what I wanted straight away. I already pay for Amazon prime and things are normally cheaper than Argos anyway.

17. dreamboy3000

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Curve flattened, deaths down, hospital admissions down, people on a ventilator down and people with Covid in hospitals down. The only rise is with infections being found from increased testing and in hotspot areas. If it was still a case of ring 111 if you've symptoms then infections would be super low. The increase is from finding asymptomatic people who wasn't allowed a test before. People shouldn't be worrying about Covid that will do your mental health no good at all. Worry more about the Tory government taking away your freedoms.

18. sadbrewer

sadbrewer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree Dek....we have some around us, sadly we also have one or two that don't seem to give a toss.

dekparker likes this.
  19. David_Upper_East

David_Upper_East Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's fewer people, not less,

20. dek

dekparker Well-Known Member

HGV Driver
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    i replied to a post on here a few weeks ago about small to medium sized warehouses owned by Asians where there was zero respect for social distancing,

i have worked continually throughout the lockdown, both as a convenience store owner and as a truck driver and i can tell you that until the last week or so this situation continued to be the norm,

I deliver to many of these small warehouses that are owned and staffed by asians,i did one this week in Batley,it was a firm that sold beds, i turned up with a 40' container and upon arrival there was one bloke (asian) there ,whilst i was opening the container doors he was on the fone and within half an hour a van turned up with eight young asian lads in it, again zero respect for social distancing and given that this is a work situation in broad daylight it leaves me with the opinion that away from the warehouse things wouldnt be any different for these people.

All the drivers where i work report the same problems and given whats happening our company told us all to keep our distance from them.We get out of our cabs wearing face masks and gloves whilst in the main our customers have little or no regard for whats happening.

This is not blaming the 'nasty' muslims it is simply observing a complete disregard for the rules.These areas that are under these lockdown measures come as no surprise to us who have dealt with companies withing these boundaries.

This is not to say all asians dont give a **** because ever since the start of the lockdown a lot of asains i see at my main supplier to my business have been wearing masks and gloves whilst observing social distacing

I do have some symathy tho with the workers in many of these places as a lot of them cant speak english whatsoever and are probably housed and living in accomodation provided by their employer who really doesnt care about whats happening as people like this live life according to how much money they can make and little else.

In stark contrast to this the larger warehouses i go to,(places like Wren kitchens for examle) have observed the rules from day one and upon arrival we have our temp' checked and are required to fill out a questionaire regarding or own exposure to the virus.Once inside its plain to see their staff (mostly eastern europeans) are observing the rules to the letter, they wont even sign our PDQ's or paperwork, we have to do it on their behalf..

Trickster Two Six likes this.