O/T heavyweight division

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by mikeytyke34, May 6, 2017.

1. mikeytyke34

mikeytyke34 Active Member

Who's your top heavyweight fighters after last weeks Joshua vs Klitschko and today's Parker poor performance? I'm going top 4 with 3 title holders plus Fury AJ T Fury Wilder Parker Klitschko Ortiz Whyte H Fury ????? Talking Bellew, Haye,

2. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm not a fan of rematches as I like fresh fights. I think it's ridiculous after back to back defeats Vladimir can use a rematch. Joshua should fight Parker next for an easy title addition and then next year go for Fury in the spring and Wilder in the summer. All three fights should take place in his native UK obviously.

3. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Fury
    Joshua
    Wlad
    Pulev
    Ortiz
    Wilder
    Parker
    Ruiz
    Jennings
    Chisora

In that order. Feel embarrassed putting Chisora in but there's not much depth. Chisora above Whyte because he clearly beat him in my opinion.

Bellew nowhere near, he was on the way to a wide points defeat before Haye's Achilles went. It might gift him a title shot & a big pay day but it doesn't mean he's a good heavyweight.

Hughie Fury looks decent up to now but not fought anyone of note so hard to judge.

Povetkin would be up there if he wasn't suspended.

4. Acido Tyke

Acido Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Im not really a fan of boxing, but I think Tyson Fury is a w*nker and surely Joshua will beat him if or when they do eventually have a match.

5. twi

twillo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    In my opinion, Anthony Joshua is unbeatable at home. If he fights in London everytime in his career, I can't see anybody moving him.

If Joshua did end up fighting in America against Wilder, I can see Wilder doing him and for me would be the wrong decision for Joshua and his career (it hasn't been mentioned but just putting it out there). A rematch with Charles Martin or Dominic Breazeale would be better if he was gonna fight an American in America but as somebody mentioned, getting fresh fights is better and rematches can get boring. Luis Ortiz would be a good shout though.

Hopefully he stays in England and fights the best because the crowd he has behind him in London and England, he looks to me to be the best around. Povetkin or Wilder in London would be beaut.

Last edited: May 7, 2017
  6. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No doubt he will piss off to America eventually like so many of our best boxers have. We get years of seeing our own boxers moving up the ranks fighting garbage. But as soon as they beat a few legit good uns they get poached away from us by other countries. As a British champion his fights should all be in Britain. It's like NFL teams coming here or that flash in the pan idea to have an whole round of premier league fixtures in America in ten different stadiums. It's not fair on home support to have something taken away from them for the benefit of those abroad.

7. ryhilltyke

ryhilltyke Well-Known Member

Construction Worker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You won't get half of those guys in the ring together. All the organisations have different mandatory challenges. Usually puddings, so that 1 man doesn't hold all the belts.

8. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Can't see it just because there's nothing in the States apart from Wilder & he's not a star.

If they do go to the States I still think there'll be a summer fight over here each year in a football stadium.

There's also the question of whether he can fight in the States with his drug dealing conviction

9. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Mike Tyson had fights after his rape conviction. Money would make it happen. If it makes money it makes sense.

10. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    A fight with wilder would be very interesting. Wilder lacks technique but is a very big hitter. If Joshua left him self open like he did against vlad he would have been knocked out.

Similarly the same would be true the other way round so would be very interesting to watch.

11. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    But Mike Tyson was American, I'm talking about Joshua been allowed to get into the country. They're quite strict especially on drug offences