O/T Labour party

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Donny Red, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The NEC have voted to totally accept the recognised international recommendation regarding the definition on Anti-Semitism which will hopefully bring to an end the period of strife and uncertainty within the party.

BobT and retired red like this.
  2. orsenkaht

orsenkaht Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    But are they a group you could vote for to run the country?

3. TitusMagee

TitusMagee Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    As a lifelong Labour voter, past party member, and someone who would never vote Tory, I'd have to say no at present, sadly.

If there was an election tomorrow we'd be nowhere near. Andy Burnham would've been a better leader in hindsight and it is a shame he wished to pursue the mayoral candidacy. I voted for Corbyn and feel he has been disproportionately attacked by sections of the media, however at the same time has polarised the party. I'm not sure who else could replace him and get us closer to the Tories.

Whenever I switch the news on it is some controversy unearthed from the past, not powerful statements on how he wishes to change this or that etc... i'm not sure if that is because of him being weak or an anti-Corbyn agenda from media?

Kettlewell likes this.
  4. North Yorks Red

North Yorks Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Always sceptical about things like that, it’s like they’ve had their arm twisted up their back that hard they would have agreed to nearly owt just to try to stop the bad press.

5. North Yorks Red

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    From my point of view it’s **** at the moment Corbyn or May, fk me wouldn’t willingly pick either

6. Hom

Homer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They may have passed it but it does not mean anything, they will still carry on with the morons within the party
    Labour as of present are UN electable and too far to the left

7. Tarntyke

Tarntyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don’t see it that way, politics, particularly in the UK, are too far to the right. Someone mentioned in previous political posts that the British Labour Party are quite central when compared to their counterparts in Europe. I don’t agree with Corbyn on quite a few things, but what I don’t want is another Blaireite-type watered down Tory party.

anstonred likes this.
  8. John Peachy

John Peachy Well-Known Member

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I fully support JC myself. I understand why they made their initial decision. Likud are a racist party, which is weird, given what Jewish people have suffered. My brother is married to a non practicing Jew & I have a lot of Jewish friends. A lot are having a go at Corbyn, mostly due to social media crap.

It has been very badly managed, but as with South Africa, I personally think JC is on the right side. You don't gun down kids in the street surely?
    That IS what has been happening. If you are OK with that fair *****, cause I'm not.

9. AthersleyRed

AthersleyRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Of course theres an agenda against Corbyn. The billionaires who own the MSM won't want him to threaten their blood money and easy tax dodging. So daft that people say oh Id vote for Corbyn but hes unelectable. Vote for the tw*t then ya tw*ts lol

10. wak

wakeyred Well-Known Member

the clues in my imaginative online moniker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I’m with you, can’t bring myself to vote for him, never going to vote Tory, Green Party? Libdems?

11. John Peachy

John Peachy Well-Known Member

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not disagreeing.

Who owns the daily mail, a nazi? Weird.

12. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It also makes no sense as you vote for the MP you want to represent your area, there's no JC on the form unless you live in Islington. He's definitely electable there as he's been MP for 34 years and increased the number of votes for him by 10,430 in the last election. He's also definitely electable as Labour leader as he has been voted that, twice, despite people saying he had no chance.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  13. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So what do you do on election day? I don't understand. Unless you live in Islington you have no option to vote for him anyway. Do you not vote for your local Labour MP but vote for a different MP from a different party? Surely you should vote for your Labour MP (if that's where your politics lie) and join the Labour Party and vote for a different leader?

Kettlewell, pompey_red and TitusMagee like this.
  14. AthersleyRed

AthersleyRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They dont want a permanent leader. They want a throwaway puppet (May/Trump, Blair/Bush), who they can control and recycle at their will. Corbyn has been a mainstay in British Politics and his morals have been on point throughout. (Apartheid/Iraqi War). The money men who really hold power don't want that as its a fatal flaw in their greed agenda.

15. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    It's just grim. All of it. Obviously the right wing media have an agenda, but the more centrist parts of Labour have been and are being pushed out. The media can stir things up of course, but a file has been passed to the Met to investigate of anti Semitism in the Labour party. That's not manufactured, that is clearly a series of people, and it would seem evidenced, that have been wronged for their religious views.

I've picked up numerous aspects from books, and people i've thought to be decent and honest, some in the media, some I know, and they suggest a cantankerous man lacking in detail and ability to manage anyone who doesn't think like he does. Who often abdicates decisions, and actually gives his word, only to do the opposite later on. That's very unhelpful when it comes to campaigning and planning and devising strategy.

Standing on a soapbox will get you so far, but this country is more conservative than not, and essentially pushing out the centrists will create a smaller pot to win from. Scottish seats are gone and when not voting SNP, leaning conservative, and the seats Corbyn would have to win are not winnable for him and the version being portrayed.

Whatever happens in the next few months will be devastating. Irrespective of who is in power or thinks they are. With no liberal, pro EU or centrist option on a ballot paper any time soon, I think i'd actually stick with the people that got us into this mess to start with. I wouldn't vote for them ever, but my name wont go against a labour box til Corbyn eventually leaves. Probably carried out.

16. Win

Winchester Tyke Active Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Labour Friends Of Israel and Progress will not stop until they get rid of Jeremy Corbyn

17. North Yorks Red

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It’s not the media that are manipulating more moderate Labour MP’s to protest though is it?

18. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Agree with that .
    They have no substance only agendas against Corbyn .
    Similar scenario to Scargill where there was no proof or substance to their stories but used the media and scaremongering to alienate him.
    Not one shred of proof but mud sticks especially coming from the political nedia

jakethedog and TitusMagee like this.
  19. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I generally vote Green but the daft attacks on Corbyn and even dafter folks that swallow them do tempt me to vote Labour again.

John Peachy, anstonred and TitusMagee like this.
  20. TitusMagee

TitusMagee Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'll always vote labour at an election... whether he's the man for the job i'm not so sure.