Official Site : Club Statement

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Newsbot, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Newsbot

Newsbot Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  2. has

hassell_is_god Member

Rubbish!!!! Killing the atmosphere at oakwell...well done bfc. I sit near them yes sometimes it does get too much but the lads seem ok half the time.....when there is no atmosphere at all dont make another statement asking for the support. Just my opinion......

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

3. Tyk

Tyketical Masterstroke Well-Known Member

Dry buumer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    "have been sat in the wrong seat".

I think you mean "have been sitting in the wrong seat". Present participle. Dear me.

4. Dys

Dyson Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Have the club told us there's been an FA report because of reported anti social behaviour?

5. Mrs

MrsHallsToffeerolls Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Encrusted pigeon **** marks the spot where I sit, Dirty B@stards, no not the pigeons the folk in charge who expect our fans and any future fans to sit in filth.

6. T-Dog

T-Dog Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Spot on.

And I don't believe Season Tickets are made available for that section of the stand so how are people meant to sit together to generate a bit of atmosphere?

Surely it is better to seat the singing/chanting/standing element together so they don't offend the rest of the crowd and people can avoid them if they so wish

7. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Sums up my feelings.

8. Old

Old Gimmer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Just what I was thinking.

9. Sim

Simon De Montforte Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Clause 3 - Go and ********

I've paid for my ticket so if I can't attend I'll lend it to one of my mates. As far as I'm concerned any ticket is transferrable for any event.

10. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yeah someone at the Supporters Trust have a word about bird **** on seats, muck, cobwebs etc. It's a ****ing disgrace. Try and find out last time the seats were cleaned? Probably years ago. Other entertainment industries like cinema and theatre wouldn't treat paying customers so shabily.

11. sadbrewer

sadbrewer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The top and bottom of it is the club has decided to use a technicality..that it knows full well is impractical to put in to practise across the whole stadium to sort these problems out in one corner,they obviously didn't foresee the possibility of other decent fans seeing, what appeared to be
    an injustice..throwing lads out who were patently not behaving badly at the time of their ejection,I can vouch for that..I watched it very carefully.
    Despite Ben's statement saying they provide a wonderful service,I think many fans would disagree(if anyone has a different viewpoint I respect that but it has never been my experience) They have entrusted a firm who many people have little confidence in,and the lack of leadership displayed by Doyle senior staff was evident for all to see when the situation turned ugly.
    The problems could have been solved far easier by,(rather than adopting a pseudo technicality clause approach in the tickets),by using three or four experienced staff stationed permanently in the end gangway over a period, getting to know the faces,the good lads,the nuisances,the smart alecs and the jack the lads,it might sound a bit old fashioned,but sometimes quiet authority on the ground is better than the 'we'll show them they can't mess with Robocop' attitude displayed on the last two saturdays.

12. barnsley66

barnsley66 Well-Known Member

Learner Support Assistant/Happy Clapper
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think the above is a very good suggestion. Let the club appoint some stewards (not Doyle related), and get them to supervise the Ponty End. Give them a regular position then the crowd would come to know them, and, more importantly, the staff would know the crowd (as mentioned above).

It won't work all the time, but I do believe the situation with Doyle's security is now untenable, and there will be more trouble if they try and act like they did on Saturday.

Just my thoughts.

13. den

dennis-skinner Banned Idiot

can see the bother escalating at the next home game, its a shame really, the fans focus should be on cheering the team on and being the 12th man not having a 'barney' with some jumped up little hitlers

14. rki

rkidred New Member

Is it just me or does that statement pointing out season ticket holders who spend hard earned cash for a full season?? Not the pay on the gate persons,whats it gunna take a serious injury for them to listen to the people who have to sit through this ****

15. Gally

Gally Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    "Once a year"
    You wouldn't be expected to put up with that at the theatre or cinema

16. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Sorry but Ben Mansfords not got a clue.

What harm does this do and the club need to have a long hard look at themselves.
    I bet those that sing at Oakwell are the ones that go away the most too.
    When was the last time Ben Mansford sat in with normal fans?

Hes mentioned this year how good the fans have been at the likes of Burnley and Leicester and the reason for that was everyone sat together and got behind the team. Some people at Oakwell want it to be like a library and thats wrong.

17. twi

twillo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think our atmosphere this season has been disappointing at times. These chaps who are causing all this fuss aren't making any difference to the general atmosphere around the ground so just chuck em out. They're not going to be a major miss.

18. WorsbroughRed

WorsbroughRed Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Agree with Hemsworth for once.

The ones that are in 'trouble' here are the ones that have been praised in the past for supporting the club home & away even when the team's been *****.

19. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Wasn't the year we got promoted a sit anywhere you like in the Ponty end deal. Strange how that didn't contravene any safety rules. Must have missed the ground being closed.

As for letting someone else use your season ticket I'd say that's your business really. And how is thus to be proven? Given there is no photographic IID on them. Again seems strange to want to annoy the very people who contribute to keeping the club afloat.

It should be relatively easy to locate and punish anyone throwing flares other clubs have isolated people and they have received banning orders.

The patronising tone and misinformation are more likely to inflame the situation than anything.

As a regular at away games I'd put Doyle!s Security in the bottom 10% in the league. I often find away stewards welcoming and knowledgeable about the ground and looking to help and assist. The opposite is true at Oakwell.

20. Red

Red-Taff. Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    spot on twillo -
    does anyone really believe that letting fans sit where they want and lauding a small group of supporters for shouting obscenities and 'making a lot of noise' is creating an atmosphere?
    Get back to winning ways and the good atmosphere will return.