Official Site : Club Statement

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Newsbot, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Red

Red-Taff. Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Agreed TN - best post on this thread so far!
    Hard to believe I know but we've posters on this thread who actually believe that some lads shouting obscenities creates a good atmosphere - sad!

2. Terry Nutkins

Terry Nutkins Well-Known Member

Music Producer/DJ/Promoter and Owner of Hush Hush
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I would agree. But my point being, help the club weed them out if you are sat near to the people spoiling it for everyone else. We seem to think it is ok to protect people that have/are breaking the club rules and in some cases law.

Its far too easy to take the stance that the stewards are at fault, but if people gave them no reason to be heavy handed in the first place then this wouldnt have happened.

3. Red

Red-Taff. Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    well said TN

4. Terry Nutkins

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Respect where respect is due dear boy. :)

5. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    It was in answer to the clusterfcuk that is Hemsworth's English.

"I've not seen any smoke canisters since what the Sheffield Wednesday game so it's hardly reverent to what happened on Saturday on the couple of Saturdays before."

6. Mrs

MrsHallsToffeerolls Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What was the reply to this Gally because if it was they are done once a year that`s total crap because my seat and the surrounding seats aint been done for last 3 seasons.

7. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Certainly if anyone started letting smoke bombs etc near me I would have a word. And certainly wouldn't protect them. A quiet word would probably suffice. If on the other hand I saw one of the stewards acting with unnecessary violence to a much smaller younger kid I would not support this.

The way it's been dealt with has antagonised people who would support chucking the idiots out which is a shame.

Last time I spoke to a steward at Oakwell. I asked them to do summat about the bloke a row behind me who spews out racist ***** almost constantly. They took one look at the size of this guy and just sort of shrugged. They also ignored me and my brother asking him pointedly to shut his gob.

8. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    and we get to see updates once a year :)

9. Terry Nutkins

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No, no mate I got that. I was just messing in response.

Maybe I confused it by the end. :)

10. Sam

SambaTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What a farce. None of my mates have season tickets so when they attend, they all go in that corner and I tend to join them. Next season, the person I currently sit next to won't be going. So next season I'll be reliant on these mates for company. If me moving and sitting with them when they attend won't now be tolerated, I may as well not bother buying a season ticket. If only one mate can attend a particular game, knowing I won'tt be allowed to sit with him, he probably won't bother either. Bad times.

Surprised some on here are basically saying these lads aren't worth the bother and we may as well ban them... since when could BFC afford to say to 50 young lads, 'nah, you're attempts at atmosphere aren't getting enough of the silent ones going, jog on.' Punish the two or three causing trouble, not everyone who wants to congregate with mates and sing!

Not great PR for the club at the moment. Amusing how they emphasise the need for support and how valued that support is... then basically detail how that support will be monitored, limited and prevented.

11. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No need to clean every seat. Half the west stand never gets used for a start. They don't need to clean every seat for the sake of it. Just be vigilant and if anything stands out that needs wiping off then wipe it off. Probably only be a few hundred seats that have muck, cobwebs or bird **** on them.

12. Durkar Red

Durkar Red Well-Known Member

Exorcist
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If you lend your season ticket to someone who subsequently gets thrown out and banned you shouldn't then go moaning to the club it wasn't your fault, its tough

13. Slacki

Slacki Member

Ex-Rock Star
    What I can't understand is why anyone would want to sit/stand up there in that top corner in the first place? Surely one of the worst positions to watch the match at Oakwell. However, I get the atmosphere thing and as long as I've been going to games this has been where the biggest noise comes from. I'm sure that's why other young lads head up to that area of the ground to sing.
    Sadly, there will always be people who spoil others entertainment (ha!) at games and outside the ground pre and post match. I agree it's about 'how' this is dealt with and it's only recently this seems to be an issue. For me it's simple, fans who buy season tickets know where in the ground they are buying their seat and if they wanna go for the top end of the Ponty then go for it. If they buy a seat in a different location then that's where they should sit? I wouldn't sit in that area of the ground because I don't like the view there but others might not wanna sit there because of the chanting, trouble or whatever. It's a free choice right? If there are trouble makers, they should be filmed and arrested. I doubt anyone is gonna protect a ******** throwing a smoke canister or getting violent - worse result would be a stupid points deduction or fine for the club.

Finally.... For seats that have bird crap or summat else nasty on them there should be a check before home games and these seats cleaned. The majority (probably 90%+) of seats are fine and don't need cleaning so think that's viable? In any case, I always bring some tissues to wipe my seat (and tears away) ;0)

14. Slacki

Slacki Member

Ex-Rock Star
    Oh blox, you beat me to that! ;0)

15. wak

wakeyred Well-Known Member

the clues in my imaginative online moniker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Friend of mine is season ticket holder at Huddersfield, he's been buying a Senior Citizen ticket rather than an adult one for 5 years now, he's 51.

16. John Peachy

John Peachy Well-Known Member

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This is a major balls up with stewarding. Doyle shouldn't be anywhere near this.

I know that family well, I was at school with his son Shaun, who was killed in a motorbike accident. Horrible for his dad & I have every sympathy for his loss,
    but those sorts of things harden people. My Dad was a wrestler in the 60's with Prowse & Glover, so we come from the same territory, even though I'm an arty farty music type myself.

I DJ clubs & events every weekend pretty much & the places that have friendly & approachable security win out every time.

The club need to listen to this. They need most of those fans. There are obviously a few ****ers smashing seats. I can't condone that. To smash a seat at Oakwell is to piss on the grave of my great grandad who was wounded at the battle of the Somme & who saw us win the FA cup in 1912. He died in 1996 sadly, just before we made the premier league. Respect for the club, but not for silly rules, when people's hearts & voices are behind the club.

17. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Isn't the problem that people are sitting in the wrong seats in that area so the club are having trouble identifying the arsewipes? People were saying on saturday that stewards were having a word with people who were doing nothing wrong how do they know that those people weren't identified from CCTV doing something at an earlier game and the stewards are doing exactly what you're asking?

18. Mrs

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I`ll hold my arse wipes up in full view before cleaning my seat yet again at the next match.

19. den

dennis-skinner Banned Idiot

What if people use the excuse 'im not sitting in my stated seat as the seat is filthy' - what would the club/stewards do then?

20. Mrs

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Happened against Wednesdays, bloke wi two young kids took one look at state of seats he was suppose to sit in turned rarnd and went to look for 3 clean uns.