[Official Site] Gauthier Ganaye Updates Supporters

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Newsbot, Jun 10, 2018.

1. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Apart from one or two things a lot was repeated from when Stendel was announced. Could have said why we keep chasing head coaches instead of appointing someone who's come to us. Why the full pre season fixtures still haven't been announced. What happened with the Hammill situation. If it's true Stendel can't speak good English. When the new home kit will be out with fathers day a week away. When Stendel will do press interviews. When the players are back from their holidays. What we think to programmes no longer being compulsory.

2. Young Nudger

Young Nudger Well-Known Member

Counting great crested newts
    Hiding in a reed bed at the local RSPB nature rese
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Jeez.
    Of course the recruitment team are looking at players!!!
    But they do not force players onto the coach/manager.
    What happens the manager for example will say we need a right winger.
    The recruitment team may suggest a right winger or the manager might have one he has identified.
    Then this information is passed onto the CEO to try to get that player.

What seems to be suggested on here is that the coach/manager has NO SAY in the matter whatsoever - that players are forced onto the manager.
    For example - the coach/manager wants a right winger so the CEO gives him a goalkeeper.
    It’s absolutely ridiculous if people on here are thinking this way.

What happened last summer is that the recruitment team and Hecky identified a load of players that were needed to basically build a new squad - but the CEO was only able to get players in for certain positions.
    So we ended up with too many midfielders and not enough strikers.

Last summer the CEO created an unbalanced squad that you could see from the vey start would struggle.
    Plus of course many of these players that were brought in were new to the Championship - which made the task even harder.
    Then to top things off Morais was appointed.

And we wonder why we were relegated.

gladius111 likes this.
  3. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Recruitment team/spreadsheet identifies players. Manager gets to say yes or no to any of those players but has to say yes to some in order to have a squad. Result? 5 number 10s

Jimmy viz likes this.
  4. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Young Nudger ✔

Glenn Tremble and TitusMagee like this.
  5. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The reason they went looking for Stendel was made pretty clear. They had targeted him as the best person to play the sort of football they think will be successful. Not sure what more of a break down you need.

If it has been an interview then you would expect him to respond to question a statement about the overall strategic direction of the club wouldn’t discuss flogging shirts. That’s like expecting the CEO of Tesco’s to discuss overall strategy in terms of getting tins of beans on the shelf, some of the rest are far too micro issues for that sort of statement.

Red CB and churtonred like this.
  6. Young Nudger

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So you believe if the coach/manager asks for a right winger he is more than likely to get three goalkeepers - plus a free subscription to Pylons of the Month?

7. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    On the evidence of last season...yes! Three No.10s rather than goalkeepers...obviously.

8. OnGoingCloud1887

OnGoingCloud1887 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    A nothing statement that gives you no real answers.

Dear oh dear how some folk are buying the superficial quotes that have been spun year after year is beyond me.

Time you finally proved your worth GG.

Glenn Tremble likes this.
  9. RedKestrel

RedKestrel Well-Known Member

TAL
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'd doubt he reads this forum tbf

10. Gordon Owen

Gordon Owen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Bradshaw? Really, bit of a cheeky lovely person if he does.

TitusMagee and ubique_tyke like this.
  11. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    A Staff member at the Oakland baseball franchise who followed German football told
    Billy Bean about Stendel and how he'd been impressed with him when he'd been at Hannover.
    Beane gave that information to the Barnsley Board , Stendel was invited for interview and impressed
    so much, he was given the job.

Xerxes likes this.
  12. ScubaTyke

ScubaTyke Well-Known Member

Scuba Instructor/IT Consultant/Sailor...
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

I read his post as a humorous view of the board over the last several months myself.....

13. ubi

ubique_tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Ok so the list of potential players we could sign in league 1 was already made before we were relegated...... But it was only after we were relegated and the board got together to discuss the style of play they wanted to implement...... So how do we know the players 'identified' are fit for the system we intend to use??

14. Lon

LongtimeRed Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    GG cant do a thing right to some on here, toxic and depressing this forum at times. thankfully most views on here are not shared by alot of other fans.

Red CB, NathanBFC94, Xerxes and 3 others like this.
  15. John Peachy

John Peachy Well-Known Member

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I understand why he can't give a lot away re signings.

However I'd have waited to make a statement with something positive, rather than this bit of political newspeak.
    What happened with Knasmullner, Hammill, etc might have been a start. A clear aim for next season too.
    Very poor in my book. I've not been critical of GG before, but I think he needs to do something given our dire last 18 months & this ain't it.

16. icer

icer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I get puzzled why some people are almost denial that we have a plan or make an effort not to understand it. Unless I’m thick this release by the club aligns to what I thought our plan was and clarifies some things.

1. We have a plan as a club on how we operate the footballing side and have identified a head coach who we think fits this plan. We will allow him to bring his own team in and support him engaging more from the youth coaches.
    2. We have an objective of getting promoted this coming season back into the Championship
    3. We will need to rebuild and let some go and bring some in to develop a first team squad to compete and achieve our goal.
    4. We want a style of football that will be high press, high energy and attacking. We have to develop and build a squad and system to do it.
    5. We will continue to develop youth and attract and develop young players.
    6. We will continue to align the footballing philosophy through all age groups with the success and style of the first team being the reference and key priority.
    7. Recruitment will be to attract the right players and we will both sell and buy. The process will involve a number of stakeholders to identify a potential pool of players ( like GG has already done ), and then we will engage the head coach in the recruitment and selection. I remember LJ explaining along with Mansford in detail how this works. They do have a pooling process, spreadsheet or call it what you like to identify targets. They also do get the footballing coaching staff, head coach to review ‘clips’ of players footage. This included all aspects including when substituted and brought on to gauge attitude and ability. They do scout and watch players live both scouting, coaching and head coach, sometimes several cycles. I’m sure scouting reports exist for the pool we have. The club will decide based on all, including managers input on role, ability, fit to club, price etc.
    8. We will let players go for the right price for the club and recognise players have choices and could decide they want to leave.
    9. We will have a well planned pre season and will ensure the head coach has input to that before declaring it publicly.
    10. We want a fast start to the season and will train and develop high levels of fitness. We don’t fear anyone in the league.

Less footballing side
    1. We want to remain and build on our position as a community club. Be a centre piece for the town and give people a club to be proud of.
    2. We want local investment for advertising, sponsorship, etc and encourage local engagement from the community.
    3. We want to develop a more international brand and build a wider audience and attraction. This will enable wider investment and build more PR and recognition of the club. Long term activities will be required as well as short term.
    4. We want to operate with a board of directors and not a unilateral decision maker. We have built a board that has skills and experience to offer to the plan.
    5. We will not spend ‘crazy money’ on infrastructure, players and staff. We will invest in these but in a balanced and sensible way. Future viability and continuity of the club is important. For me this is saying also the club needs to be more self sufficient as the rich owner just handing out cash won’t help long-term.

We aren’t perfect and the plan has to be executed, it doesn’t happen all overnight. I think the board could do with more footballing experience on it for example. I do think an experienced L1 coach on staff for first team would help the HC. So I see the plan, it’s how we execute thats of interest to me now

17. Red

Red CB Well-Known Member

retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Why ? All I want to do is watch my team on a saturday , I do not need to know the nuts & bolts about everything Oakwell , just entertain me on the pitch & I am happy , do not understand this "Need to know everything attitude " .

18. Young Nudger

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes - I like most of this.
    I personally think they need more of a link to the footballing world - the Maurice Watkins role.

19. Young Nudger

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That’s fine.
    But if you cant be bothered to understand the behind the scenes stuff then your opinion is not valid.

Not saying you do this - but many forget about Barnsley Football Club as soon as they walk out of the ground on match days.
    They then see something written on here and react to it when it’s clear they haven’t really been bothered to understand the facts surrounding the issue.

20. tyr

tyrone1 Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Cant win can he