[Official Site] Gauthier Ganaye Updates Supporters

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Newsbot, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Red

Red CB Well-Known Member

retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    My opinion is as valid as any ones, therefore I would be most grateful if you do not reply to me in a patronising manner . The fact that I find peoples obsession with knowing everything what is going on behind the scenes allows me to express my opinion on such a thread , I do not understand why , if someone could tell me ,what is to be gained by this knowledge , most of us just want to watch our team & leave the running of the club to those who are charged with the responsibility of doing so & fingers crossed they get it right

2. cli

clints right foot Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Brilliant post. The only thing that I find puzzling is the fact we've gone down the continental route with a head coach which is fine, but we must be the only club to my knowledge that runs this model without some sort of Director of Football/ Sporting director. Think that needs addressing.

Shy Talk likes this.
  3. icer

icer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I've posted several times on the same topic. I said it even when we had Hecky as we had limited football knowledge on the board. We now have a board of more than 1 or 2 and i think we still could do with more football overall club management. This would especially help in circumstances where we have foreign leadership at the helm of the first team. It would help glue the footballing structure together and tap into the modern scouting network and practices without distracting the head coach from preparing his team with focus week in week out (We saw what happened with Hecky in a transfer window when the CEO left).

4. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I welcome GG's update, but there's the definite whiff of ******** about some of it. He's trying to give the impression that the counter press is our idea and we got the man we wanted to deliver it. I think it's unlikely that our methods were as coherent, structured and successful as that. It's more believable that these were someone else's tactics we were attracted to during the process and there were several preferred candidates who we couldn't persuade to do the job. The timescales certainly suggest this. A master plan successfully executed from start to finish this is not.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  5. pon

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The limited football knowledge who came up with the idea one day "I know, let's play counter-pressing and high-intensity attacking football".

6. icer

icer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Any plan needs the ability to adjust and develop. Remember we appointed Hecky as the coach to take this forward a few days before he left. We have then had to adjust twice since. We got relegated so the plan is adjusted again. The signing of a manager and players will also influence how the plan develops. After all to get the best out of a new coach, you need him to bring his values, skills, ideas and abilities into the mix. If anyone thinks a plan is carved in stone, cant adjust or is a tick box exercise on a precise and fixed set of criteria then they are misguided.

However i get your point that you believe its ******** so my response isn't aimed to say that i know the facts and you dont. Its a personal view only that i can see what the plan and aim is even if others cant.

7. icer

icer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well actually somebody did. However its then others that puts a tag, description and title on it. I'm more a 'Total Football' man myself than just interested in a set of 'Galacticos'

8. nor

northender Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Rumours at our end and on our forum that we (PNE) are after Moore and have bid.

9. NathanBFC94

NathanBFC94 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Any source to where this rumour has come from or is it just someone on forum claiming they have heard it from a mate

10. nor

northender Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The poster in supposedly quite knowledgeable.

Our local paper said this morning that we've bid decent money for a striker to, and that we're after a target man.

How do he do for Barnsley in the Championship last season?

11. Mat

Mateo Corbo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Did well for us - good in the air and can hold the ball up well. Also works hard for the team and is deceptively pacey. However, his finishing was very poor, missed a few sitters.

NathanBFC94 likes this.
  12. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If I am to become emotionally invested in something and want to feel a connection with it then it becomes more than just an hour and half on a Saturday. It s why people join fan clubs and even why we use things like the BBS. You may be happy thinking that the club is simply a 90 minute operation but for me it's part of my life and extends far beyond that.

The club do recognise that they have to offer more than just the match itself to make fans feel wanted and connected that's why they put out interviews with players, videos on YouTube, Facebook and twitter and why they have fans forums periodically. All I'm asking for is for that to include telling us whether we are persisting with the self imposed limitations which have seen us relegated in embarrassing fashion or have learned from our mistakes and will be altering the plan. Don't really see much wrong with that to be honest.
    What GG has said is all fine I just wish that the big issue which fans have worried about for months now wasn't being swept under the carpet.

13. Glenn Tremble

Glenn Tremble Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Blows my mind that we apparently headhunted an out of work coach who nobody has heard of to play a brand of football that our current players can’t implement. Couldn’t care less about attractive football so long as we get 3 points!

14. Mat

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What makes you think Jackson, Pinnock, Lyndsay, Cavare, Mccarthy, Mallan, Isgrove, Hedges, Bradshaw or Moore cant implement his preferred style of play?

churtonred likes this.
  15. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    #Barnsleyfc GG on Adam Hammill: "In League one there were no contract clauses on either side. You know the policy of the commitment of the board to youth. Adam doesn't fit that policy. I think Adam was ready for a new challenge."

too old not worth putting any money into him as no re-sale value is what it take from that.

16. Glenn Tremble

Glenn Tremble Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Lot of work to be done on the likes of Cavare, Lindsay and Isgrove but could work on the rest I suppose.

17. pon

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I notice you omitted Moncur, Thiam, McGeehan, Pearson and Potts. £3.5 million worth of player assets.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    Glenn Tremble likes this.
  18. Mat

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    See no reason Potts, Mcgeehan, Thiam or Pearson couldn't play a pressing game either. Thanks for the reminder. Moncur obviously has some questions over his fitness but might be ok with a full pre season behind him. Any others i missed?

churtonred likes this.
  19. Mat

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Think isgrove is probably the most suited to a pressing game actually.

20. pon

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You're having a laugh.