[Official Site] Jose Morais: "I am more than a coach; I am a leader."

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Newsbot, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Red

Red Rain Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If you remember, you and I did not exactly get off on the right foot. I made the first attempt to put that right because I respect your views and like what you post. That is why your views carry more weight with me than the rest. Nevertheless, I am what I am. There is absolutely no chance of me changing the way that I post, because I am blissfully unaware that my style is causing offence. I guess that Keith Hill and I suffer from the same lack of awareness of other people's sensibilities. We simply say what we think because we have no filter telling us that it might be upsetting individuals. People have said that I need to develop a thicker skin, and they may be right, but isn't it true that I could turn that remark back upon them. I called the majority of posters on here a herd and many took offence at that, but you only have to go back and read the postings about Paul Heckingbottom over the last 2 years to realise that the herd mentality is strong on here. People just do not like the fact that I hold a mirror up to them to show them how they really are. We are all expected to go along with the general level of feelings, whether they be extremely positive or extremely negative. Well I am not willing to do that, and that is always going to set me apart. This is starting to feel like a letter of resignation, and in so many ways, there is no way back after I press the post reply button, but I genuinely feel that the BBS and I may have come to a parting of the ways. My posting style and the BBS are irreconcilable.

2. Red

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Orsen, you are the other poster whose conversation style I will miss. You are right about Minority Report and I had hoped that by adopting that title it would attract the sort of debate that I crave, but I was wrong. It didn't, and in the end, I stopped doing it because I was not getting anything from it. I have posted much less of late, but I have still made long posts in the style that I hoped would attract the type of debate that I wanted to be part of, but it has not. It has attracted the same responses that Minority Report attracted. I am not getting what I wanted from the whole process, and In that case I have few options remaining to me. I have enjoyed your contributions, even the horsey ones that I do not understand a word of, but I think it is time for me to leave.

3. Barnsley Chopin

Barnsley Chopin Well-Known Member

Egghead
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    My! what a big head you have!

How lucky us plebs are to have you posting on here, heralding us towards the football truth.

4. orsenkaht

orsenkaht Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    "You can check out any time you want.............................. but you can never leave!"

(I tried it once!) :)

ScubaTyke likes this.
  5. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You should have paid the bill! Pink champagne doesn't come cheap you know! :)

6. Merde Tete

Merde Tete Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I generally enjoy your posts whether I agree with them or not. I think most people do.

7. man

mansfield_red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You don't need to quit the bbs, just ease off the self-satisfaction and condescension.

Extremely Northern likes this.
  8. Wat

WatfordRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Again, it seems a little over the top to leave and like others I enjoy reading your posts.

I do struggle with you saying you crave debate though. Maybe on the whole you do, but yesterday it didn't seem it. As many posters have said, the responses you received were amicable and and although the majority did disagree with your point of view, their reasoning's for disagreeing were put forward with no malice.

Unless I'm missing something, thats how these things are meant to work?

9. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    That’s correct WR it seems RRs minority report attracted a majority reaction and then started feeling isolated .
    If you are the minority’s as RR purports he is and posts for debate then why be surprised when the majority reacts?
    As you say there was no malice in the MAJORITY of replies just questions and debate as to how he came to these decisions .
    Summary is he didn’t like the answers

Redstar and Extremely Northern like this.
  10. Mike Lowry

Mike Lowry Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Just reading this thread has sucked the life out of me.

11. shed131

shed131 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

so deep down you think next season we will win the championship..lol......my advice.... sit back buckle up and enjoy the roller coaster ride that is known as Barnsley football club....
    A new coach new owners.... of course theres going to be some anticipation..its a new direction for us all ...lets give them all the chances they need to make it work

Mike Lowry likes this.
  12. Red

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Bump

I thought that you might like to reread your thoughts when Jose was appointed, just in case you might have changed your minds.

13. Wig

Wiggy Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Mic drop

14. pompey_red

pompey_red Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark

As you are saying “told you so” you never did answer the fella below.

StattoMember

No. What I am saying is that every club is a challenge. That is obvious. What I wanted was an answer to the question that made some distinction between Barnsley and every other club in the world. Something that set my club apart from every other club and made it impossible to turn down the job offer. Something more than it was the only offer on the table.

No, what I am saying is that I am fed up with new managers spinning fans a story about how their club is special, when it is as simple as you have outlined. Its a job that I am being paid well for doing.
    I'm confused, you seem to be inconsistent with your expectations, perhaps it's just my poor grasp of the English language.

Feb 19, 2018Report
    LikeReply

15. Sta

Statto Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Re read and your comments still sound like pretentious drivel with a lack of self awareness.

16. orsenkaht

orsenkaht Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think you have to give any new manager/head coach a chance! I stand by my defence of his English - it's just that his ideas (however communicated) turned out to be batshit crazy! Be under no illusion, all the day to day power in our club rests with Gauthier. What the Board decide to do in terms of financial input, and what Gauthier chooses to do with it will determine the next chapter in our turbulent history. I'm out of it all until Christmas because I have other fish to fry, but I shall be watching with great interest!