Official Site : October And November Match Ticket Categories Confirmed.

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Newsbot, Sep 15, 2016.

1. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Slow down Whitey. Your reply to Jamdrop misses both her and my point about the flexi ticket. We know one is being planned (it was first mentioned in the summer) but we are still none the wiser about the details and most important of all when we can buy one. I repeat, it's no good to me while ever it's still in Linton's head. If they leave it much longer, it won't even be viable for me.

2. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Why? It's supposed to be reciprocal pricing. Newcastle charge away fans £27.

3. YTB

YTBFC Guest

I assumed from your post that you hadn't seen the updates on the engagement forum. Hence me listing the things discussed. I would suggest you seek out members of the trust, or an SLO if you require more feedback on the meeting. But as a supporter myself I am more than satisfied regards the efforts underway at the Club to resolve a number of issues raised by other supporters.

4. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't remember a proper thread giving any feedback, just a couple of one sentence messages by gally saying 'linton has sorted the bottle tops' and 'car park getting sorted' or words to that effect

5. YTB

YTBFC Guest

It's on the way.

6. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's the problem Whitey, nobody gets any feedback. Was there EVER any feedback given from the SLO when they had a meeting with the police? One posted on here (Sarah?) Asking for questions. A load were given and she promised to update us. Never been seen or heard of since.

As you work in the media department would you be able to enquire about the possibility of the next fan engagement meeting being live streamed? It could even be n Barnsley player to drive sales up if they wanted.

The most updates and information I've had regarding the engagement meeting has come from you and it shouldn't really have to should it. Although obviously it is appreciated

7. BFC Dave

BFC Dave Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    Aren't reading charging £20 for away fans this season ?

8. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Any idea what the hold up is? Presumably they've decided on the price etc so why not launch it? The only reason I can think of is that they are deliberately holding off to force people to buy season tickets instead

9. YTB

YTBFC Guest

Hence the words "I'm assuming".

That's what the SLO's, trust members and representatives of the supporters groups are for. That's why they attend said meetings, to pass on what was said. Take it up with them. Or attend the meetings. Or just relax and see what happens. Have a wannk maybe.

10. BFC Dave

Home Page:
    Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    Without trying to be over cynical, I think it may be announced after the Newcastle game.

11. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Why would you assume that I hadn't seen any updates (and now explain how to get said feedback 'if I require it') from me saying that introducing a flexi ticket potentially after 10 home games would be pointless? Not sure why you are making this anything to do with that meeting at all, I have no issues with feedback etc. I have only referred to it as you assumed there had been feedback about something that wasn't relevant to my post.

12. YTB

YTBFC Guest

The whole point of them is to engage with supporters groups representatives who then pass on the message etc.

Regards filming etc, that would negate the point of it. Plus there's the issue of many in attendance not wanting to be on film like that. So it's about communication isn't it? The Club offer fans these opportunities to engage, it's down to fans then, no?

13. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    Id have thought before the Newcastle game would have been a better idea then people will buy it and another 4 or 9 games at the same time - if they only buy for the Newcastle game they may well not bother with the likes of Bristol for example

14. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You can see the point being made. If a flexi-ticket is to be successful you need to have the maximum number of games to be able to use it at. Each passing game reduces the flexibility and this the effectiveness of the ticket. It would have been an ideal time to launch it when announcing these categories.

The club have responded to requests for this sort of ticket and that is commendable and communication with customer/fan Base is improving with yourself being part of that. But resolution needs to be delivered.

15. BFC Dave

Home Page:
    Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    I think they'll sell out against Newcastle so to have that as a flex match would be throwing money away.

16. Poet

Poet Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So, how do we get away with charging our fans less for the Forest game?

17. YTB

YTBFC Guest

You replied to me. Not the other way around.

I merely stated that a flexi-ticket was on the way. You then replied. And in said reply you gave me the impression that you hadn't been updated on what was said about the flexi-ticket at the recent fans forum meeting. Because had you been, you wouldn't have posted what you did.

I'm off now. Good evening to you.

18. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The categories and the excessive nature of some of them was justified by the club on the basis of reciprocity. The ripping off of Newcastle fans shows the lie behind this.

Disappointing.

Twenty is plenty.

19. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well obviously I would. I fail to see how it being said that a flexi ticket is 'being looked into' and then a batch of prices for 5 more games being released today would in any way change it. Introducing a flexi ticket after 10 home games would be pointless.

20. YTB

YTBFC Guest

Mate, I work in media. Customer service and fan engagement isn't my role. I originally got involved in this thread as a supporter. But as tends to happen now, folk assume because I am employed there now that I can solve all their BFC issues. :D

I think the Club are doing brilliantly. They don't get everything right. Who does? But for folk to whinge about £15 tickets takes the piss. As does folk assuming this and that regards the flexi ticket when everything was outlined at the engagement meeting.

Like I say, it's on the way and in my opinion it's set at a good price.

It will get pulled to bits by some folk, because that's how things go.

I'm off now. I've had enough BFC for one day.