Official Site : October And November Match Ticket Categories Confirmed.

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Newsbot, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'd agree with you there. It seems there's an obsession with limiting choice so customers are pushed in a certain direction. Maybe they are scared of someone opening up different solution. A mid- week season ticket for example for those who cannot attend at weekends. A properly launched flexi ticket. A valuable membership team. Different sort of benefits to enhance the value of a season ticket. It's not that hard really and as you say a tad frustrating.

There's also a perception that if something doesn't sell thousands it's a failure. 50 flexi ticket sales is a success. In fact 1 sold would be a success.

2. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We were **** and we knew we were. On the field wasn't really his remit.

3. Loko the Tyke

Loko the Tyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    1) From memory of what people have posted on here. Didn't Wednesday not use anything above Category B last year? But had pricing set for A and A*? I'd hope to think we've done the same. I'm not being petty. I'm being factual. You can't quote a price range that goes up to £36 when right now you can't actually spend that much on a ticket.

2) We don't know someone had £100 last season. I'm merely responding to your words. Last season's pricing isn't pointless at all.

3) Deal with today. Flexi or no Flexi. Deal with flexi when it's announced. It wasn't something you had access to last season so attend games as and when you can this season.

Attendances have been positive this season. The club will be looking at that and trying to work out how a flexi ticket doesn't force them to lose money. It just isn't as simple as the people demanding them make out.

4. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's not as easy as saying deal with the flexi when it is announced as if people spend money on games now they might not be able to afford a flexi when/if it does appear. Equally, if not more likely is the fact that the games they would have wanted to attend have gone so there'd be no point buying one anymore. Let's take the Newcastle and Aston Villa games, someone may buy match tickets at £30 each and just leave it at that now but they may have paid £100 for a flexi that included those games.

Lots of people aren't so bothered about football that they want to go to loads of games. They may have done Newcastle, Aston Villa and 3 random others for the extra £40 in price but they don't want to do pay £60 for those and then another £100 plus having to choose 2 different games that they are not that bothered about to go with the other random 3. That might seem strange to us but there are different sorts of fans and we should be trying to include as many different types as possible (yes, even the glory seekers).

In regards of simplicitiy, of course it is at this point! We're talking such a small number of people who may potentially get a ST now that we're seriously looking at losing money from not putting the Flexi out there now compared to the tiny amount of money we might get from ST sales. A hundred people might buy flexis at £100 each but we won't make another £10,000 from STs at this point of the season I would guess. I still think that 5 games wouldn't sway ST buyers anyway.

5. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    i think you've probably learned one very valuable message from this mate. in future don't tell people that 'something is coming'. more hassle than it's worth. just keep it under wraps and announce it when it happens.

6. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Or go really vague like the House of Stark ' winter is coming' bound to be right eventually.

7. YTB

YTBFC Guest

Sold a handful just today.

It's my opinion, being someone who isn't commercially or financially savvy, that it's likely that those employed in such commercial and financial roles, successful people, experienced people, it's my opinion they probably know what they're doing.

8. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Either you've got a big hand or we've just put prices up ;)

9. Gally

Gally Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley

NOBODY EVER GET ANY FEEDBACK? Are you ****ing kidding me? What absolute *****. I've provided detailed feedback of all these things within hours or day of them occurring and would have done this time if it wasn't a combination of illness and work commitments.

I tell you what, why don't you and Jamdrop take an evening out next time there's one of these things and provide an equally detailed report?

I'm on a train back from London tomorrow where I will finish the report I've written half of. You moaning *******s!

10. Gally

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley

Why not ask for your money back and do it yourself next time?

11. Marc

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think I can see the steam coming out your ears mate..

12. Gally

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    What absolute crap. THere's probably not another club in the division that tries so hard to engage with fans. Try talking to supporters of other clubs and the experience they have.

13. Marc

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Especially if you're in The Tribe. Gold dust that Facebook page..

14. Gally

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    Facebook pages aside, speak to fans of other clubs and how they engage with fan groups and their fans.

15. Marc

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Agree with you pal. On your side. IMO we're in the best place we've been in during my 30 years following em..

16. Loko the Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    1) Ticket sales might be promising for those games regardless of Flexi or not? There was a post yesterday saying ticket sales for the Villa game look really good and few seats available where you can sit together

2) A business can't cater for every single type of fan/customer. It just isn't possible. Everyone has a different situation. Our season tickets offer good value, our matchday prices aren't unreasonable in the grand scheme of things, and we know that offers are on the horizon like Forest for £15.

3) It isn't as simple as you think. We have very limited resource when it comes to staffing levels and I hope they're being tasked on the biggest and most valuable projects. Maybe the Flexi ticket doesn't tick that box? Also, how do you know the 100 people who buy a Flexi ticket wouldn't have spent that same amount of money over a season anyway? You can't claim it's all additional profit. What's the costs to produce a Flexi ticket? In terms of design and print? E-mails to databases? Posters in the club shop and round town? Lots of expense with launching a new ticketing system.

For the record I don't disagree that it isn't a good idea. But having two voices go on and on and on like the club have wronged them is seriously unfair. I also don't think you're looking at the bigger picture or factoring in all the elements involved. It just isn't as simple as you make out and involves serious thought to get it right. I know if it was my business I'd be doing just what the club are doing.

17. Loko the Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    My laptop doesn't let me just 'Like' a post. But if it did, I'd have liked this. Spot on

18. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If ever there was a game to offer something, just so they can say they've done an offer, it's this one. All the people who really need a discount will be watching via countless free methods at home, the pub etc. Before you have another go at me, it's a midweek evening when I'm at work and I can't watch it anywhere.

19. Loko the Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I've not had one go at you ever, so wind your neck in chap.

Regardless of whether it's on TV or not the £15 ticket is good value. Right now I wouldn't want to watch us play on TV and I'd want to be there. Especially when you can pile in to town after work and have a jar or two pre-game.

20. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You leap on everything I have to say whenever you get the chance. So don't come it cocka!