Official Site : October And November Match Ticket Categories Confirmed.

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Newsbot, Sep 15, 2016.

1. YTB

YTBFC Guest

Who said anything, other than you, about them being released after 10 games?

2. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I didn't say they would be, I said IF. Which, based on the information we had (the next lot of prices being released and no mention of a time frame for a flexi that's been 'looked into' since the start of the season), seemed like a possibilty. Not a definite was going to happen, maybe not even a probably, just a possiblity; hence the if. I said that if it did happen it would be a bit pointless. Which it would.

3. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The games would all be the same price if the club weren't doing reciprocal pricing. They've already said the home supporters are just casualties of that policy. Hence the introduction of the discount scheme. If the club had been allowed to do so, there wouldn't be categories for home supporters, so just forget about them when we're talking about the flexi ticket.

4. Loko the Tyke

Loko the Tyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    But it does make a difference to the club because you're assuming a scenario and assuming the club will make a profit. You just don't know and that's why the club have focused on selling as many season tickets as possible, which is completely the right strategy. This hasn't stopped fans been able to attend any of the home games so far this season.

If we have 4,000 fans buy a ticket for the Newcastle game. How many would top up for the flexi deal if it included this game? Nobody knows.

If it was 1,000 fans that topped up in to flexi, how do we know how many of those fans might have attended games on a singular basis anyway throughout the season? We don't.

How many of the 4,000 would buy a ticket at £30 for the big game of the season (in many eyes) and still buy a flexi? Who knows. But a fair few I imagine as a percentage of total flexi tickets sold.

Any flexi ticket is a risk vs. our current ticket income because there's so many variables*. That's why the club have taken their time and that's why it isn't as simple as some people have made out.

It's coming anyway so there's no need to do it to death anymore. Let's start the whingefest again when the announcement comes. Can't wait for that one .....

* This doesn't take in to account the resource we have at the club or the costs implicated with launching a flexi ticket scheme.

5. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You are being just as much in the opposite direction as my 'whingeing'. As you say, we don't know so people are just putting ideas and opinions forwards for how it could potentially work and debating possible scenarios. I get that the way you are suggestion may be correct but so might mine, as you keep saying, no-one knows.

6. pon

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Is Jamdrop supposed to be clairvoyant? She made her comments last night and Gally/Bondy this morning!

7. Loko the Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm not being the opposite at all. I've said many times that I fully support the idea and concept of a flexi ticket and the reasons that they would appeal to fans. All I've tried to do is offer a differing opinion to some of the 'facts' being thrown about (that's not directed solely at you) and the notion that the club have a ridiculous pricing policy.

We're all well within our rights to have a moan and a whinge, but when you want to bury your head in the sand and hide from the facts and issues of a real life multi-million pound company, then expect to be challenged. The challenges coming back in response haven't really taken on board the reality unfortunately.

Again though, that last paragraph isn't aimed solely at you and just at the discussion in general. You say your statement might be right, which it might, but it's a risk. With a risk comes a cautious approach. Any business would behave the same so to say that introducing a flexi ticket is simple and at no risk to the club is pretty inaccurate.

8. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'll admit that I've been guilty at taking things a bit too much to heart within this thread (as have many others) and although I could see that I was just offering ideas to debate I didn't read your posts in the same way. I understand your point about the multi-million pound business but I think the risk at this point in the season is quite small (as do the club it would seem as they are planning on releasing them now). I've never said there is no risk as there always is with any business decision. It could swing either way but I'd like the club to be speculate to accumalate this time as it seems relatively low risk (of course I would, I hear you say, it's no risk to me!)

9. Loko the Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I really need to stop replying .........

I'm not sure the club used the phrase 'casualties of that policy'? I'm also certain that the reason for the category system isn't solely down to reciprocal pricing.

Our current ticketing policy is no different to previous seasons, just with an added category at the top end and the prices increased by a minimal amount. You make it sound like we've chucked our whole ticketing policy up in the air and devised a new one that is world's apart from previous seasons. We had discount schemes last season too don't forget.

10. pon

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I suggest you listen to the Q & A that Hecky, PC and Linton did. I'm not sure what word was used but that's what they meant. I was merely paraphrasing. If you notice, I didn't put it in quotation marks.

We have 5 match categories this season, ranged between £23 and £36. Last season we didn't have different match categories. I'd say that's totally different.