[Official Site] Tickets for our remaining home games are on sale now

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Newsbot, Mar 19, 2018.

1. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The pricing in reality is only loosely based on being reciprocal. The perfect example is Bolton and Sheff U. Both away games were £32 for our fans. The price for the home games is Bolton £30 and Sheff U £36.

2. DSLRed

DSLRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This concept of reciprocal pricing is complete bullsh!t. Its just a smokescreen to soak the away fans for as much as we think we can get away with whilst still expecting a large following and b0llocks to our fans who have to pay the same. The club makes it sound like they are doing our fans a favour by stitching up the away fans because their club did the same to us. It stinks. How thick do they think we are. Clubs get away with kind of **** in this country because we just roll over and take it. They wouldn't get away with it in Germany. There are too many fans who will pay whatever is asked.

If we don't ditch the concept next season then the club is going to lose a serious heap of money because relegation would result in quite a lot of non renewal of STs and none of those people are then going to be even half way inclined to pay our stupid prices on a match by match basis.

I find it incredible that even in the greed is good league they have seen fit to impose a £30 limit on away tickets but in the football league clubs have carte blanche to charge what the hell they like. On what planet is it good value to come and watch Barnsley for £36 after winning 3 times in more than a year when you can watch Man City for £30

3. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Decided to give it a go:

Team Us Them

Bristol 28 27

Ipswich 25 25

Notts Forest 25 23

Sheff U 36 32

Sunderland 25 25

PNE 23 (CC) 24

Villa 30 30

Wolves 25 25

QPR 28 33/10 (ST only)

Millwall 23 23

Middlesbrough 32 30

Hull 27 18/24/27 (in batches)

Sheff W 36 36

Burton 23 24/20

Birmingham 25 20

Norwich 25 25

Cardiff 25 22

Leeds 36

Reading 23 (CC) 25 (20 for ST holders)

Bolton 30 32

Derby 23

Brentford 23 20

Fulham 23 20

CC = Christmas Cracker offer

Editing went to pot when I posted. It looks pretty similar with us just tending to be slightly more expensive at times.

Burgundy Red and pontyender like this.
  4. Burgundy Red

Burgundy Red Well-Known Member

Ninja (retired)
    Style:
    Barnsley
    Thanks @JamDrop. So we're not exactly leading the way on lowering the cost of following football. I appreciate we have relatively cheap concessionary tickets but for the majority of supporters these prices are just too high IMHO. I stopped going altogether a few years back (when they sacked Danny, in fact) but as someone who would only be attending the occasional match and so paying match day prices I find this level of pricing does nothing to encourage me back. Sure I could get into the odd match for a fiver or on various offers but the fact remains that week in week out match day tickets are overpriced and I can't see that changing any time soon.

Not that I'd say I've been priced out of attending or anything like that, it's more that I find the pricing unconscionable. It's only one of many reasons I don't go anymore, along with a growing dislike of the modern game's "professionalism" and probably most of all the demise of standing terraces. Which makes me wonder why I'm here really. I guess following Barnsley is a hard habit to break (I'll not say "supporting" so as not to enrage the hardcore fans).

Red Mosquito likes this.
  5. Red

Red Mosquito Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I just can't fathom why the pricing policy seems to be about fleecing opposition fans, rather than filling the home stands.

Why are they are happy playing in front of half full stands? I just don't get it.

DSLRed likes this.