[Official Site] Vote Now For Your Player And Goal Of The Season!

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Newsbot, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I've always believed that player of the season should be someone who's been at the club all or virtually all of the season.

The only time I've seen it fair to make an exception was with Hammill last season as the team were that bad up to his arrival in October / November time that he was pretty much starting from the same point as the rest of the squad.

I've gone Hourihane against Leeds for goal. To me it's the biggest game of the season, at the time we were pushing for the play offs, there was all the speculation about his future, it was live on Sky & it was a brilliant free kick. I wasn't at the Forest game which probably affects my judgement.

I've gone Scowen for player of the season. To be honest it could've been any of Scowen, Watkins, Roberts, MacDonald, Yiadom & Davies. I think them 6 have all been pretty consistent & have put in solid 7 out of 10 displays most weeks.

I think Scowen just edges them. I really think he'll be a massive miss if he goes in the summer, he's a bit Kante-like in that he makes everyone around him look better.

I also thought he did a superb job out on the right when Hourihane & Morsy were together in the middle. I think we won 3 on the bounce with Scowen wide right, just does a cracking job for the team like he did in the run in last season at right back

2. Acido Tyke

Acido Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Seeing as it came against Leeds and he was still our player at the time, and it was a cracking free kick, and the winning goal as it turned out... Id say Connor's free kick against them in the 3-2 win.
    And while I wouldnt say player of the season, a big shout has to goto McDonald for the way hes come in after Mawson's departure. Despite his own goals, hes also popped up with a few at the right end of course.

3. tosh

tosh Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Ditto mate

4. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Good to see we still have fans of sports entertainment that play for us. Brian Howard doing his 'you can't see me' Cena impression at Anfield is an all time favourite goal celebration. Thanks to Jim Johnston who should go into the hall of fame for over 30 years of making entrance songs for WWE there have been some really good recent ones without any singing that would make good background video tunes......

Then you have my personal favourite at the moment for blending guitar music and gospel singing in with inspirational lyrics.......

Or......